SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better, but most of us KNOW the truth.
Did you throw all those books out? Did they even ever exist?

The whole NT relates to the NT church, so use them...properly.

It's not a problem, it's a fact. Sadly you are not ashamed of your obvious bias that goes against God's word. More the sadder.

Who is doing any of that to you, and where?
You are calling me a liar again so I have reported you to the moderators...again.

When I studies the NTC, feelings never entered the equation.

I guess you comment that the whole of the NT relates to the NTC gets you off the hook and allows you to make claims about me that are untrue.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
marksman said:
​But when it is pejorative, it is not acceptable. I expect that from atheists, not christians.
Well that would be YOUR problem. If you don't want it identified then don't post them. Calling them pejoratives doesn't make them so, just like calling women unfit to teach doesn't make it so.
WHEN you demonstrate you have a good handle on Biblical exegesis, maybe I won't be so hard on you, but until then, you're stuck with me.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
marksman said:
You are calling me a liar again so I have reported you to the moderators...again.

When I studies the NTC, feelings never entered the equation.

I guess you comment that the whole of the NT relates to the NTC gets you off the hook and allows you to make claims about me that are untrue.
I asked you simple questions against which you rail and accuse me of something I didn't do. You can report me on every post I make, you'll just get in trouble for misusing the report system.

Well logic anyways.

This is NOT about YOU, it's about your blatant fallacious assertions, and try sticking to the OP instead of deflecting to new rabbit trails.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
I asked you simple questions against which you rail and accuse me of something I didn't do. You can report me on every post I make, you'll just get in trouble for misusing the report system.

Well logic anyways.

This is NOT about YOU, it's about your blatant fallacious assertions, and try sticking to the OP instead of deflecting to new rabbit trails.
I've lost track of the number of times he's said he's reported you.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am not a moderator over this particular section of the website, however, I would suggest you guys move back to the topic of the forum. This seems to have turned into a back and forth about who is being mean and who said what. I suggest you guys just move back to the topic and away from comments reflecting each others intelligence, study, or Christ-likeness (or lack thereof). There seems to be nothing edifying that can come about with the current direction of this discussion.

Reactions: KingJ

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wormwood said:
Hey guys, I am not a moderator over this particular section of the website, however, I would suggest you guys move back to the topic of the forum. This seems to have turned into a back and forth about who is being mean and who said what. I suggest you guys just move back to the topic and away from comments reflecting each others intelligence, study, or Christ-likeness (or lack thereof). There seems to be nothing edifying that can come about with the current direction of this discussion.
I would love to but I'm pretty sure this has run it's course. Think I'll just put marksman on ignore now.
Sorry WW

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I would love to but I'm pretty sure this has run it's course. Think I'll just put marksman on ignore now.
Sorry WW

Stan J...is there anyone NOT on your "ignore" list LOL....maybe you should take the advice of Apostle John, and check the spirit you are following!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[SIZE=12pt]"During the service, suddenly everyone at the church felt the Holy Spirit come. Some couldn't stand straight, others fell down. Some were dizzy and nauseous. When the worship began, people started crying. After the service, some were being healed. I saw demons leaving people's bodies." Pastor Sun says his church had never experienced anything like it.” "It was unprecedented. We had no theological training in the work of the Holy Spirit. Word quickly spread. " Soon, leaders from other churches came to us and were eager to receive the Holy Spirit. Later they also started witnessing the Holy Spirit's move as well," Pastor Sun said. But it wasn't without controversy. "People doubted if it was real. There was even conflict among my church staff," Sun said. "But as time passed, more people accepted it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Twelve years later, Pastor Sun says the impact of the Holy Spirit's move is seen in the transformed lives of church members. "Our cell groups are expanding, more people are attending church, and more people are going outside the church to share the Gospel." The church runs two orphanages and two elderly care centres, and twice a year puts on the Love Camp. For Pastor Duan and his wife, this is evidence that God is doing something special in China. "I was speaking in Shandong recently. Around 8,000 people joined the meeting. Last Christmas, I was speaking at a Three-Self Church in Yuhuan and there were 12,000 people," Duan exclaimed with joy. "The number of Christians in China is growing rapidly. It means Christ is starting to play an active role in China's society and that's good in many ways," Zhao said.[/SIZE]

Reactions: KingJ

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mjrhealth said:
Oh Man, didnt you know Jesus came to fullfill teh law, the old jewish religion had no place for women. we are not under the law but a new testament. Even the disciples where Jews coming out of an old religion to a new faith, the old all of the flesh the new of the spirit. God has and will use women who will listen to Him, pity men will disregard what He has to say, because of ignorance. God is no respector of personm even if men are biased.
I am not aware that anyone has said that God will not use women who will listen to him. That is a red herring. There are several instructions regarding New Testament life. Some address women, some men and some everyone. Some examples are "When you come together everyone has..." and "Women shall not have braided hair..." and "men shall rule their household well..." in qualifications for eldership. Note, no mention of "women ruling their household well."

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
RANDOR said:
How many in here have ever been slain in the spirit?
That is a difficult one Randor as most of us do not know everyone that has written here. Yes I know, Your question is rhetorical. Please forgive me. (at least I think it is).

I guess the answer to the question will be determined by which branch of the church you are involved in. I was originally Baptist and then we became a charismatic Baptist and later on I was involved in the Charismatic Brethren where going down under (slain in) the Spirit was natural. Or should I say supernatural.

For me, being exposed to it in a very natural, non excitable environment, I don't have any problem with it. Especially as I have seen it happen too many times to know that it is not counterfeit. Like everything in the church there is the counterfeit around but I don't let my walk be governed by that. As I operate in the gift of discernment I can pick it out very quickly so it is no problem to me.

My philosophy is if it works grab it. If it doesn't reject it. That is why I am not really interested in the pentecostal church as they claim all sorts of things but most of the time nothing happens. I know there are exceptions but where I come from there are none.

​I have seen godly men and women slain in the spirit and have seen young people slain in the spirit. I know enough to know that if a church doesn't acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit nothing ain't going to happen. One church near here has a notice in the entrance "We do not allow the Gifts of the Spirit to be exercised." God ain't going to make you do what you are opposed to.

I remember when Toronto was the news of the day, that people picked on one or two things that happened and used it to criticise what was taking place. I checked up and listened to those who were the recipients and you would think that they attended different meetings to the criticisers. These people spoke of how they had been delivered of years of emotional toil, of sickness and how they had found a new and revitalised walk with the Lord and their ministry was revitalised and in many cases, their congregations increased rapidly as a result.

I guess it must be bad when that sort of things happen. Better to have a dour, lifeless, and uninspiring church that upsets no one and challenges no one.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Jesus spat on dirt to make mud, and then rubbed it on a mans eyes to perfect a healing. Dosen`t seem like a very spiritual thing to do, but then again Gods ways are higher than ours.

Elijah lay on top of a boy with his mouth on the boys mouth to breath spirit back into the lifeless body, and Elisha told a man to dip 3 x into a murky? river, to heal leprosy, are these methods within thse given and generally accepted from the Apostles? But if God so chooses are we to question Him.

Having said that. John Wesley had to cast out demons from two members of his congregation that would get disruptive with so called "holy laughter" during the services. Historically those falling under Gods power were mostly under strong conviction of sin, but many also have " fallen down as dead men" when God came too close. Smith Wigglesworth while at a ministers conference, called down Gods power during worship, and every other minister was seen crawling out of the room, while he remained arms outstretched,. basking in Gods love.

But seriously anti- "slain in the Spirit" folks, rather than pontificating on such things and consulted ourselves about this or that, ask God himself. If Eve or Adam had just involved God in their discussion with the serpent, none of this discussion wouldve been nescessary either. Don`t be as those who were found to fighting against God, all the while thinking they were doing Him service.

There will always be counterfeit where there is the real, and we should not just accept everything, but the "tares have been allowed to grow with the wheat".

Reactions: StanJ

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree this thread is dead now. It displayed behavior not very becoming of Christians. I do believe it is time to shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.