Slain in the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
HammerIf the gate is so narrow you will never get through it my friend ,and thats sad.But if you know Jesus personally you wont have to worry.verse 23 I never knew you Jesus said. The people he was talking to did not know him personally so He didnt know them. The people were caught up in legalism just like you are right this very moment. Just relax and know Him, love Him he wants a relationship.. You dont have to beg for it.

Jan 15, 2008
(crooner;31224)
Were are not int legalism here my friend
(crooner;31227)
HammerIf the gate is so narrow you will never get through it my friend ,and thats sad.But if you know Jesus personally you wont have to worry.verse 23 I never knew you Jesus said. The people he was talking to did not know him personally so He didnt know them. The people were caught up in legalism just like you are right this very moment. Just relax and know Him, love Him he wants a relationship.. You dont have to beg for it.
Crooner, if you have the time I would love to hear what you have to say regarding our Christ and His ways, His kingdom and His glory. Please feel free to put something out there that clarifies “the way of this forum” and what “we” here are all suppose to be about. Until then I preach the Christ that I know from the Bible, the Holy Spirit willing. I do this out of love and in fear of the Holy One, and not in legalism and try to avoid the law when possible riding on faith and recurring the law when needed. My faith too falls short, and often. I pray continually that God will increase this. Always I have His word and His promise to rely on. The law is there when needed, but even it is believed on in faith.We enter a vain quarrel if either of us does not seek clarification or to understand God, and submit to that understanding which we find in His word. How else will we strengthen each other in Christ? And shouldn’t that be the point to all of this? If you have an objection then speak and I will listen, but to say merely that I have lost hope or that you are not into legalism here does nothing to promote God’s Kingdom, and it does not edify His body. I am speaking from my heart to all who are in need. This is done out of a love towards all God’s children, that none should perish.The scribes and Pharisees were definitely not into what Christ was teaching in their synagogues. He was not affected buy social, ethnic, religious or any other status quos. He sought only to do the will of His Father in Heaven. May we seek the same. When correcting each other this can certainly not be done when one puts out an ill attempt to understand one another and the word thus ill discerning in the manner from which he speaks.Pleas clarify to me what “signs and wonders” you though I was spoke of. Or seek clarity on what it is I have misinformed on, or why you think I speak legalities. Truth and legality are not the same. I speak in the Truth and in plain visibility of you, all here, and the Lord. If you feel I am leading astray then by all means call it out for the sake of God’s children and for your own accountability to your Creator. Do not let a false prophet speak and minister to God’s own children right in front of you. You would be better off that a milestone were tied to you and you were cast into the sea.I choose my words knowing I am accountable to God for them. If you want to ask clarification on something I’ve said then I highly encourage you to do so. If you have a complaint to me regarding my conduct I would love the chance for God’s pruning, and even at this moment He is searching me. I don’t think I am a better Christian than you; I seek as Christ sought to make himself as nothing, and I fight my ego daily to see it as such. We should all magnify God in our weakness, and do not seek the approval of men, nor fear men’s words.This forum can think what it wants. I am glad you are not into legalism here. I am not as well. My only prayer here is that those who follow Christ; that they hear His words and His words only, and not that of mine nor yours, but that He would use us to His glory. Offering the Truth is sufficient, God will add the increase, but do offer that Truth knowing that the way to enter is not through the broad gate, but through the narrow. I do not justify myself in any of this knowing that God will judge me on that day. I speak knowing I will be judged. Thank God for Christ but do not take in vain His labor.Revelation, Chapter 3:15 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.16 “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.17 “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:Scrooner, the gate IS very narrow to enter! Don’t downplay God’s words. And what Christ spoke to those in the flesh before Him when He spoke what you mention of applies to all that would seek Him, not just those men there. God found it prudent to put this in our scripture. It is not merely a recording of a meaningless exchange and dry drabble between strangers. It is our Lord and redeemer speaking and we should all listen. It illustrates a picture that God is trying to give to His little ones. Do not be fooled or taken up with a lukewarm doctrine. God will say to you I do not know you. Do not become lackadaisical concerning the Word. He paid a high price to get it to us that we might be saved. Do not make a mockery of His gift. Accept it and work the fruits that come with it, do not fold you hands and relax for there is MUCH to be done.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Let me remind you guys here although it is a little bit off topic. Once Save Always Saved is a false doctrine and is sent by Satan. Another doctrine is we are saved by grace through faith, not of works. (Ephesians 2:8-9) If by works, then it is no longer grace. (Romans 11:6) I will never be saved by work as it is useless and deceiving.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jan 15, 2008
(thesuperjag;31266)
Let me remind you guys here although it is a little bit off topic. Once Save Always Saved is a false doctrine and is sent by Satan. Another doctrine is we are saved by grace through faith, not of works. (Ephesians 2:8-9) If by works, then it is no longer grace. (Romans 11:6) I will never be saved by work as it is useless and deceiving.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I would agree with you Jag, and I am not teaching nor believing that anyone is saved by works. I mention that there is much to be done because God's fields are ripe for the harvest and now is not the time to sit back and relax. Because of our faith we should be working those things which God pre-ordained that we should walk in them. Because of our love for Him and our brothers we should be pressing into His Kingdom and laying waste the idols and deceivers of men which many or currently taken up with these false doctrines and lukewarm philosophies. It scares me to the core of my being because I have so much love for all and wish that none should suffer separation from such an awesome, powerful, and loving God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(BearingChristaHammer;31271)
(thesuperjag;31266)
I would agree with you Jag, and I am not teaching nor believing that anyone is saved by works. I mention that there is much to be done because God's fields are ripe for the harvest and now is not the time to sit back and relax. Because of our faith we should be working those things which God pre-ordained that we should walk in them. Because of our love for Him and our brothers we should be pressing into His Kingdom and laying waste the idols and deceivers of men which many or currently taken up with these false doctrines and lukewarm philosophies. It scares me to the core of my being because I have so much for love all and wish that none should suffer separation from such an awesome, powerful, and loving God.I know you didn't my dear friend BearingChristaHammer. I merely said that because sooner or later, someone may have brought that up. That's all. I could never trust man-made Christianity as I can only hold on to Christ alone. I think at least some of you feel the same way as me as nobody is perfect. We must be careful on who we listen to. (I John 4:1)JagLovest ye so deeply in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jan 15, 2008
(thesuperjag;31273)
I know you didn't my dear friend BearingChristaHammer. I merely said that because sooner or later, someone may have brought that up. That's all. I could never trust man-made Christianity as I can only hold on to Christ alone. I think at least some of you feel the same way as me as nobody is perfect. We must be careful on who we listen to. (I John 4:1)JagLovest ye so deeply in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Lol, I clarified for the same reasons. To the words that can be found in the scriptures regarding this, thanks for providing.I have a favor to ask of you if I may Jag? Would you mind providing supporting scripture as to why the philosophy of once saved always saved is a false doctrine? And if you have time I am interested in hearing any insight you might have to offer.-thanks

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
You can read my very old post about this and read a couple of threads about it.(thesuperjag;10034)
Writer the OSAS doctrine is so deceiving and it is made by man. And I don't need a scripture to support this common sense. For ensample, When I accepted Jesus into my heart, I became saved... Now if I turn my back on my Saviour and I became a wiccan (an example) and never want Him again...then I am going to say that I was never truly saved at all...therefore the OSAS doctrine needs to be discarded.
Source 1: http://www.christianityboard.com/why-does-jesus-t2662.htmlSource 2: http://www.christianityboard.com/osas-t2695.htmlJagLovest ye so deeply in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Another good thread that proves we are to be working in the field (world)when Christ comes if we are once saved always saved why are we told to be doing his work We should just be able to sit back and relax if already saved and can't be taken in by Antichrist for that matter why would we even have to stay in his word we could just go about our lifes paying God no heed. http://www.christianityboard.com/two-field-t4140.html?t=4140

Jan 15, 2008
Thank you Jag and Kriss, I myself am aware at how obvious this is, and I mention it only in this thread because it was brought up. I wanted to know if there was any scripture that could help clarify to those who are believing differently, where common sense has not yet kicked in.Nice links both of you, they really helped out.Thanks

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
One that comes to mind isLuke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."Jesus had forgiven Zacchaeus's sins so Jesus was not in a sinner's house anymore. Zacchaeus repented and made things right between God and him, and Jesus is declaring that this was His purpose for coming to earth.If we are predestined and always saved why was Jesus sent to seek and save the lost?

Nov 8, 2007
Cause it was done for the Glory of the Father. He allows things to fall and he builds it back up. Predestination is very Word of God, Predestination of the Calvanists isn't.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I was pointing out that if we were once saved always saved why would Jesus be seeking the lost Once saved always saved is a false doctrine of the calivanists yes same as their all are predestined doctrine that you and I think have discussedthey are almost the same doctrine

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
I know that my own experience is authentic. I cannot vouch for others. I also know that my own experience has been independently confirmed by other believers who I know and trust.I once was undertaking a new ministry. My coworkers wanted to be blessed and asked that we go up for the laying on of hands. I was very tired. Totally drained. It was at the end of a weekend conference and I have chronic fatigue syndrome. The last thing that I wanted was to go to the front and stand in line. I just wanted to find a hole and crawl into it and sleep. Nobody but someone with CFS can understand true tiredness.Anyway the persisted and I finally gave in. We found a line that was not too long. I remained reluctant. I barely heard the words mumbled over us. I was thinking how good it would be to go and sit down.As hands were laid on us, something happened. A bolt of energy shot through the person to my right and through me into the third person. It got my attention and it happened a second time and my knees buckled. All three of us ended in a heap and we rested in the Spirit.It wasn't a put on. It wasn't something that I desired. It wasn't something that hoped would happen. But it was what I needed.My rest was complete. I felt renewed and totally loved. It is a feeling that has no words to do it justice. It lasted for several days. Complete strangers came up to me and told me I glowed. They wondered what happened to me. I had hoped that I would be cured, but that was not the case. I will have to wait and be content with the blessing that I received.Some people will say that it is faked or based on emotionalism. I am not the emotional kind. I was fully rational and fully aware. I knew what it was when it happened and now I thank God for the experience.I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I know him to be real in my life and I know that he has many blessings for us. I know that some people do not want to be part of this and I honor that. However, their denial does not make it false. It just means that it is something that they have chosen not to participate in. Others desire to grow in the gifts of the Spirit and to have all of the blessings that God desires for us.Blessings,Dunamite

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Alanforchrist;30376)
experience tells me that falling out under some kind of power, is of God, I have been on both sides of it, I have laid my hands on someone and the power of God went down my arm, into my hand then into people and they fell out under that power and got up healed. Other times some have been baptised in the Holy Ghost. If people get heald and filled with the Holy Ghost, it must be God.I have felt that power go into me and fell out under the power as well, it fells good.Don't knock it, You might be mocking God's Anointing. Try it your self.
So awesome to hear that, Alanforchrist !I have felt the Holy Ghost Power and have fallen out under that many times. And it feels good.Dunamite,I read your post after and it was so good what God did for you too !God Bless!Thunder1

dawngordon

Jan 15, 2008
When I received my anointing, I was singing, praising and worshiping very LOUDLY, to the point I was covered in a sweat. And I did get on my knees, hands up, screaming HALLELUIA, now this happened to me once. Then about three hours later I received the Holy Spirit, the anointing came first, then the Spirit. I find I do praise and sing very loudly, I am not a part of a Church. I love the body of Christ with all my heart. I just worship from home, and preach online (wink and smile) but the Lord is fine with that. We all have different gifts, mine keeps me at home. hehehe

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(dawngordon;31395)
When I received my anointing, I was singing, praising and worshiping very LOUDLY, to the point I was covered in a sweat. And I did get on my knees, hands up, screaming HALLELUIA, now this happened to me once. Then about three hours later I received the Holy Spirit, the anointing came first, then the Spirit. I find I do praise and sing very loudly, I am not a part of a Church. I love the body of Christ with all my heart. I just worship from home, and preach online (wink and smile) but the Lord is fine with that. We all have different gifts, mine keeps me at home. hehehe
God is everywhere ! Great stuff !God Bless,Thunder1

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Dunamite;31342)
I know that my own experience is authentic. I cannot vouch for others. I also know that my own experience has been independently confirmed by other believers who I know and trust.I once was undertaking a new ministry. My coworkers wanted to be blessed and asked that we go up for the laying on of hands. I was very tired. Totally drained. It was at the end of a weekend conference and I have chronic fatigue syndrome. The last thing that I wanted was to go to the front and stand in line. I just wanted to find a hole and crawl into it and sleep. Nobody but someone with CFS can understand true tiredness.Anyway the persisted and I finally gave in. We found a line that was not too long. I remained reluctant. I barely heard the words mumbled over us. I was thinking how good it would be to go and sit down.As hands were laid on us, something happened. A bolt of energy shot through the person to my right and through me into the third person. It got my attention and it happened a second time and my knees buckled. All three of us ended in a heap and we rested in the Spirit.It wasn't a put on. It wasn't something that I desired. It wasn't something that hoped would happen. But it was what I needed.My rest was complete. I felt renewed and totally loved. It is a feeling that has no words to do it justice. It lasted for several days. Complete strangers came up to me and told me I glowed. They wondered what happened to me. I had hoped that I would be cured, but that was not the case. I will have to wait and be content with the blessing that I received.Some people will say that it is faked or based on emotionalism. I am not the emotional kind. I was fully rational and fully aware. I knew what it was when it happened and now I thank God for the experience.I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I know him to be real in my life and I know that he has many blessings for us. I know that some people do not want to be part of this and I honor that. However, their denial does not make it false. It just means that it is something that they have chosen not to participate in. Others desire to grow in the gifts of the Spirit and to have all of the blessings that God desires for us.Blessings,Dunamite
Yes this called the power of prayer it can even be measured by science it can happen even if its strangers praying for a person at a distance its not nessarily one of the gifts of 1 Cor. but it is powerful if one is in the presence of it

Jan 15, 2008
As for the experience mentioned above I believe that if the Spirit witnesses to you that something is from God, then it is. I believe what I experienced was real, but not of God and was for show/false. There is the real deal and then there are deceivers. The Holy Spirit is there as a witness to both. I am happy to receive your testimony Dunamite, and that of others, it lifts my spirit.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(crooner;30492)
I don have the gift of toungues, nor have been slain in the spirit. I am totally open to what ever God wants to do with me. I will accept any gift. I dont get this debate.If some people here can believe the Gen 1,2 earth age concept you would think they could be a little more open to the possibilities that all gifts are not from Satan. It seems the very thing that we are against, organized religion, we are becoming guilty of here.I am not into tounges all that much, but I know great christians who have that gift. They dont have any advantage over any other christian. I wonder if some people are threatend because they dont have the gift. I have seen kids get it. I just feel some potiential legalism going on. Sorry but this debate really makes me wonder.
crooner, I like your mature attitude on this. I don't want to limit God and Holy Spirit. Who are we to really say... if somebody has experienced falling down by Holy Spirit then let be it... " even greater things you will do"... meaning of course through Jesus/Holy Spirit, we are just vessels.God BlessThunder1