Slaves to righteousness…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:17-18 (NASB20)
But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were entrusted and after being freed from sin, you became slaves to righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What truth is being put forth in these two above verses?

That the believer has been entrusted with a form of teaching, that if believed on from the heart, will set that believer free from sin and turn that believer into a slave to righteousness…

If this is the correct interpretation of these two verses, the understanding and believing this form of teaching would be most critical to one’s understanding and growth…

Though this truth is explained further in the surrounding verses it is simplified in verse 11

Romans 6:11 (NASB20)
So you too, consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

This is the form of teaching that if believed on from the heart, will set one free from sin…. Therefore if one is a scripture believing believer that one must believe this form of teaching if that one would be made free from sin, this being all according to scripture itself….

So it would come down to whether the believer is willing to believe this form of teaching from the heart?….

Seeing how scripture is correct and true, and there is no lie in scripture, this freedom from sin and turning one into a slave to righteousness would all lay in the understanding and believing from the heart this form of teaching that scripture itself teaches, that being, one is dead to sin and alive unto God…

For he that has died is most assuredly set free from sin, this truth, believed on from the heart will absolutely do what scripture says it will do, and that is, set the believer free from sin and turn that believer into a slave to righteousness….

Be blessed in believing from the heart that form of teaching that will turn all sinner's into slaves to righteousness…

A fellow believer, Not me

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I knew was that I couldn't stop sinning on my own no matter how many times I tried. It is not my knowledge about the aspects of being a slave to righteousness, it was seeing myself the way I was at that moment, and I was a slave to sin. I also knew and believed the things they said about Jesus, so I knew He was stronger than I was. All I asked for was that Jesus take away the "object" of sin that I was focusing on so I could be more righteous on my own. I had no idea what happens when one is born again. But my recognition that I was a sinner and needed Jesus' strength was all it took for Jesus to start moving into me and giving me His Own nature. Romans 8:2 and 9. Then when I was actually filled with His Spirit, I literally felt the weight of the carnal nature lift out of me. I felt light as a feather. And then I felt the anointing of oil engulf me and all I wanted/desired to do was righteousness, because I fell in love completely with Jesus and started knowing Him in a brand new way - as a wife loves her Husband. That is what is meant by abiding in Him, and He in us.

Though He took away my carnal nature by His Spirit, He never took away my freedom of choice. But now I had no hindrances from righteousness. I could always choose righteousness. "Reckoning" is knowing who we are in Christ. He was dead to sin, and so am I.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I knew was that I couldn't stop sinning on my own no matter how many times I tried. It is not my knowledge about the aspects of being a slave to righteousness, it was seeing myself the way I was at that moment, and I was a slave to sin. I also knew and believed the things they said about Jesus, so I knew He was stronger than I was. All I asked for was that Jesus take away the "object" of sin that I was focusing on so I could be more righteous on my own. I had no idea what happens when one is born again. But my recognition that I was a sinner and needed Jesus' strength was all it took for Jesus to start moving into me and giving me His Own nature. Romans 8:2 and 9. Then when I was actually filled with His Spirit, I literally felt the weight of the carnal nature lift out of me. I felt light as a feather. And then I felt the anointing of oil engulf me and all I wanted/desired to do was righteousness, because I fell in love completely with Jesus and started knowing Him in a brand new way - as a wife loves her Husband. That is what is meant by abiding in Him, and He in us.

Though He took away my carnal nature by His Spirit, He never took away my freedom of choice. But now I had no hindrances from righteousness. I could always choose righteousness. "Reckoning" is knowing who we are in Christ. He was dead to sin, and so am I.

It is great to read about how God works in another’s life, thanks for sharing, a blessing to read… :)

Be so blessed in the experiencing of your relationship with Him…

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were entrusted and after being freed from sin, you became slaves to righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That the believer has been entrusted with a form of teaching, that if believed on from the heart, will set that believer free from sin and turn that believer into a slave to righteousness…

If this is the correct interpretation of these two verses, the understanding and believing this form of teaching would be most critical to one’s understanding and growth…

Though this truth is explained further in the surrounding verses it is simplified in verse 11

So you too, consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

This is the form of teaching that if believed on from the heart, will set one free from sin…. Therefore if one is a scripture believing believer that one must believe this form of teaching if that one would be made free from sin, this being all according to scripture itself….

So it would come down to whether the believer is willing to believe this form of teaching from the heart?….

Seeing how scripture is correct and true, and there is no lie in scripture, this freedom from sin and turning one into a slave to righteousness would all lay in the understanding and believing from the heart this form of teaching that scripture itself teaches, that being, one is dead to sin and alive unto God…

For he that has died is most assuredly set free from sin, this truth, believed on from the heart will absolutely do what scripture says it will do, and that is, set the believer free from sin and turn that believer into a slave to righteousness….

Be blessed in believing from the heart that form of teaching that will turn all sinner's into slaves to righteousness…

In Philippians 2 we read indeed of the Perfect Bondservant — He Who was sinless — Who was obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Philippians 2 we read indeed of the Perfect Bondservant — He Who was sinless — Who was obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.

Yes, that our hearts would cry to be that perfect servant…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we repent of our sin, our problems fade away. This can make us slaves to righteousness.