• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2 Corinthians 5:21

(ASV) Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

Notice your verse says....>"that we might become, the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD,, IN.... HIM".

So, to become THAT Righteousness, is to be BORN AGAIN, Spiritually, "in Christ", as "HIM" is Jesus.. and all the born again, are become...=
= "THE, righteousness of GOD... in Christ".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Top Bible Verses about Growth​

2 Peter 3:18 - But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

1 Timothy 4:15 - Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.

Hebrews 5:12-14 - For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 6:1 - Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

Romans 5:2-6 - Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Philippians 1:9 - And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,

Job 8:7 - And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.

2 Corinthians 13:5-7 - Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test. But we pray to God that you may not do wrong—not that we may appear to have met the test, but that you may do what is right, though we may seem to have failed.

1 Peter 2:1-3 - So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
Growth is all about sanctification.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice your verse says....>"that we might become, the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD,, IN.... HIM".

So, to become THAT Righteousness, is to be BORN AGAIN, Spiritually, "in Christ", as "HIM" is Jesus.. and all the born again, are become...=
= "THE, righteousness of GOD... in Christ"
To become by imputation, not by impartation. To become is an ongoing process. To be made is a once and done.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Growth is all about sanctification.

Spiritual growth is to grow in God's Grace.

This is to mature "in the Knowledge of God"... which means to become ENLIGHTENED inwardly by God's Revelation.

Let me show you what a Believer is doing, when they are not growing, and have stalled and stopped..

Hebrews 6:1

They are doing that......

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To become is an ongoing process.

To become a "CHRISTian" is not a process, = its a Spiritual Birth..

Happens once.

A.) Born again.

Jesus said...."you must be born again", and water can't do that for you, unless Water Baptism died on the Cross for your sin.

Whereas : Discipleship, is the "present your body as a living sacrifice to God, which is your reasonable SERVICE"..

So, we serve, not to be saved, but because we are born again, and have been Redeemed.

Reactions: Nancy

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spiritual growth is to grow in God's Grace.

This is to mature "in the Knowledge of God"... which means to become ENLIGHTENED inwardly by God's Revelation.

Let me show you what a Believer is doing, when they are not growing, and have stalled and stopped..

Hebrews 6:1

They are doing that......
Absolutely 100%...but , one must be “ Born Again “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “...by the “ Living “ word of God...

Some don’t understand that Gods word is Alive in Spirit and Active as his written word says..some are in ignorance of what that means imo.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

KJV.​

Isaiah 61:10​

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”

King James Version (KJV)

Reactions: Behold

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes.

Jesus said...."you must be born again"...

So, there is no "growth in Grace" if a person is not born again yet.

How could there be.....
You’re on a roll Brother, wahooo!!!.Praise God...mighty is his Living word that is coming out of your mouth.

Amen!..to your post!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
commentary....2 Peter 3tells us to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” This is not referring to physical growth like you might see from a plant. Rather, this passage is referring to spiritual growth and growing closer to God.

Growth is all about “ Spiritual Growth “ for a Born Again...we grow closer to God as we mature and grow via his Spirit..as we are “ Born Again “ children of the most high.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this at another forum and thought it might be helpful here.

Basic salvation doctrines are propitiation (God's wrath was satisfied by Christ's sacrifice), justification (just as if we have never sinned), sanctification (ongoing) and imputed righteousness (Christ takes our sins and gives us His righteousness....so in God's sight, we are holy/righteous.)

Sanctification is the ongoing process in our lives as the Holy Spirit deals with us in our hearts...to conform us to the image of Christ. But our legal standing before God is having the imputed righteousness of Christ.

You need to understand about walking in the Spirit so you won't walk in the flesh.

Do you realize once we accept Christ as our personal Savior that the Holy Spirit comes to reside in us to help us live godly?

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

We don't have to walk in sin, although we might sometimes stumble. In that case, remember 1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Accept your cleansing and move on in your walk with the Lord.

• Love
Reactions: GTW27 and Nancy