Smoke weed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think acting in faith is doing what our spirit wants to. Being led by the spirit. Peter had to get out of the boat physically to walk on the water. Bodily in the flesh, Peter took action in faith. Then he did walk on water, until He took his eyes off of jesus and looked back to the world, which frightened Peters fleshy senses so he bagan to sink!

A good illustration of, there is the Lord and only the Lord.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not in a position to judge. Sorry @MA2444. Jesus stated judge not least ye be judged. Therefore I’ll just continue marching on along. There are many people out there in the religious atmosphere that suggest a meth addict or a stripper could never be a saved person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Repent sinner, Repent… well, Rahab was a prostitue, and Jesus saved a prostitute. There are abused prostitution and sex trafficking going on in life right now today. Just as much as children abused in churches, and people drinking and driving, and people who rob people at gun point, or desire to commit evil crimes.

Just think about all of these characters of human beings God created who pick and choose what they will do in life. I believe while we have life we should be able to cherish moments spent with family? Friends? Mutual relationships with others, and love them for who they are, while not trying to change or make them any different just because we say that they need to change. People having the freedom to choose is because Yahweh allows people the freedom to do so.

No one can assess a life of whether it was good or not, without knowing the whole heart which is the life of us with our Soul, mind/will/emotions.

People who use pot, I don’t look down on.
People who don’t, I don’t look down on.
People who dislike the president, I choose not to partake, cause people are call to pray for all people.
People who have murdered, I don’t hold anything against them, they are being called to God? Daily? If they choose him or not? Not my choice. It’s theirs,
People who have molested children; I hold nothing against them; how could I ? It was their mistake or perhaps mental disposition, and people get hurt in the process, but are they expelled from receiving the Lord Yeshua?

Just some thoughts friend.

Reactions: MA2444

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your full of the true and actual Holy Ghost there will be no need for earthly comforts. For the spirit will be full and have no need for anything else... Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. - Psalm 16:11

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your full of the true and actual Holy Ghost there will be no need for earthly comforts. For the spirit will be full and have no need for anything else... Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. - Psalm 16:11
Then throw your internet away, rocky. You are silly. Hope you have a good rest of your day. But seriously… tv and radio too, while we are at it.

• Haha

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit produces this type of fruit,

“So I tell you, live the way the Spirit leads you. Then you will not do the evil things your sinful self wants. The sinful self wants what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is against the sinful self. They are always fighting against each other, so that you don’t do what you really want to do. But if you let the Spirit lead you, you are not under law. The wrong things the sinful self does are clear: committing sexual sin, being morally bad, doing all kinds of shameful things, worshiping false gods, taking part in witchcraft, hating people, causing trouble, being jealous, angry or selfish, causing people to argue and divide into separate groups, being filled with envy, getting drunk, having wild parties, and doing other things like this. I warn you now as I warned you before: The people who do these things will not have a part in God’s kingdom. But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-‭26‬ ‭ERV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other.”

Is that important? Was it important to Jesus?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then throw your internet away, rocky. You are silly. Hope you have a good rest of your day. But seriously… tv and radio too, while we are at it.

My "silly" testimony.... As a teenager I had fell in with my generation and that was where my walk focused on three things...

Attention
Appreciation
Acceptance

And where I was also very motivated away from anything Christianity. I moved in with my grandmother as a teenager and ended up away from my former cares. I would end up farming and attending revivals at the local Pentecostal Holiness church. At the end of that summer we had a good revival in which the Lord seemed there in a mighty way. On reading the book, Run Baby Run, by Nikki Cruise, I felt a voice telling me to put the book down. I paused, and then continued again to read. The voice said again, Put the book down. I slept in my Grandmothers living room on an old fold away cot by the open living room door. The Katydids seemed to be singing very loud that night. There in my Grandmothers clean linens I heard the Spirit speak again, "Where is all the stress, worry and hatred?" In which, upon examining my heart, there was nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself. "Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!" I would spend the rest of the summer rejoicing with the people and in revival. In the words of GC Rankin…

“As I sat there that morning listening to the earnest exhortation of the good man my tears ceased, my distress left me, light broke in upon my mind, my heart grew joyous, and before I knew just what I was doing I was going all around shaking hands with everybody, and my confusion and darkness disappeared and a great burden rolled off my spirit. I felt exactly like I did when I was a little boy around my mother's knee when she told of Jesus and God and Heaven. It made my heart thrill then, and the same old experience returned to me in that old country Church that beautiful September morning down in old North Georgia.

I at once gave my name to the preacher for membership in the Church, and the following Sunday morning, along with many others, he received me into full membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. It was one of the most delightful days in my recollection. It was the third Sunday in September, 1866, and those Church vows became a living principle in my heart and life. During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life.” - The Life of George Clark Rankin

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "silly" testimony.... As a teenager I had fell in with my generation and that was where my walk focused on three things...

Attention
Appreciation
Acceptance
Well I appreciate you and thank you for what you do.
And where I was also very motivated away from anything Christianity. I moved in with my grandmother as a teenager and ended up away from my former cares. I would end up farming and attending revivals at the local Pentecostal Holiness church. At the end of that summer we had a good revival in which the Lord seemed there in a mighty way. On reading the book, Run Baby Run, by Nikki Cruise, I felt a voice telling me to put the book down. I paused, and then continued again to read. The voice said again, Put the book down. I slept in my Grandmothers living room on an old fold away cot by the open living room door. The Katydids seemed to be singing very loud that night. There in my Grandmothers clean linens I heard the Spirit speak again, "Where is all the stress, worry and hatred?" In which, upon examining my heart, there was nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself. "Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!" I would spend the rest of the summer rejoicing with the people and in revival. In the words of GC Rankin…
So? I’ve had a changed heart to. It’s all thanks to Jesus…
“As I sat there that morning listening to the earnest exhortation of the good man my tears ceased, my distress left me, light broke in upon my mind, my heart grew joyous, and before I knew just what I was doing I was going all around shaking hands with everybody, and my confusion and darkness disappeared and a great burden rolled off my spirit. I felt exactly like I did when I was a little boy around my mother's knee when she told of Jesus and God and Heaven. It made my heart thrill then, and the same old experience returned to me in that old country Church that beautiful September morning down in old North Georgia.

I at once gave my name to the preacher for membership in the Church, and the following Sunday morning, along with many others, he received me into full membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. It was one of the most delightful days in my recollection. It was the third Sunday in September, 1866, and those Church vows became a living principle in my heart and life. During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life.” - The Life of George Clark Rankin
I don’t care what this guy did.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit produces heavenly fruits…

If we don’t know what that is we don’t know what it is and can claim something else is…

The Holy Spirit produces this type of fruit,

“So I tell you, live the way the Spirit leads you. Then you will not do the evil things your sinful self wants. The sinful self wants what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is against the sinful self. They are always fighting against each other, so that you don’t do what you really want to do. But if you let the Spirit lead you, you are not under law. The wrong things the sinful self does are clear: committing sexual sin, being morally bad, doing all kinds of shameful things, worshiping false gods, taking part in witchcraft, hating people, causing trouble, being jealous, angry or selfish, causing people to argue and divide into separate groups, being filled with envy, getting drunk, having wild parties, and doing other things like this. I warn you now as I warned you before: The people who do these things will not have a part in God’s kingdom. But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-‭26‬ ‭ERV‬‬

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I appreciate you and thank you for what you do.

So? I’ve had a changed heart to. It’s all thanks to Jesus…

I don’t care what this guy did.

I wish I could add something like... "And I have spent everyday filled with the Holy Spirit since!" But... Like George Clark Rankin.... I have got to refer to this as a past experience... "During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life.” - The Life of George Clark Rankin

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could add something like... "And I have spent everyday filled with the Holy Spirit since!" But... Like George Clark Rankin.... I have got to refer to this as a past experience... "During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life.” - The Life of George Clark Rankin
Well my life is lived differently than worrying about having my name in the book of life. I am sorry to say, I’m not that important in that regard which dealt with Israel itself.

I wish I could also say I have done the same. But it’s Jesus that gets me to the Father not my righteousness…

However it’s the pendulum of the flesh and the spirit that can swing and we go back and forth all the time just as the struggle with Jesus and his desire to really let go of his responsibility but the foretold future of gaining reconciliation for the world to the Father was much more appealing. Just as being with the Father and going there and hoping to be able to enter into the Kingdom…

Cause I’m not promised anything, but to live by faith and believe on the one whom God sent.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my life is lived differently than worrying about having my name in the book of life. I am sorry to say, I’m not that important in that regard which dealt with Israel itself.

I wish I could also say I have done the same. But it’s Jesus that gets me to the Father not my righteousness…

However it’s the pendulum of the flesh and the spirit that can swing and we go back and forth all the time just as the struggle with Jesus and his desire to really let go of his responsibility but the foretold future of gaining reconciliation for the world to the Father was much more appealing. Just as being with the Father and going there and hoping to be able to enter into the Kingdom…

Cause I’m not promised anything, but to live by faith and believe on the one whom God sent.
And salvation itself is as easy as... The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:8-9

Reactions: MA2444 and MatthewG

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And salvation itself is as easy as... The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:8-9
And after salvation it should be considered a Christian thing to encourage people...

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. - Galatians 5:16-17

And if such a person be drawn away from the walk in the Spirit to... Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.- Galatians 6:1

Reactions: MA2444 and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And after salvation it should be considered a Christian thing to encourage people...

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. - Galatians 5:16-17

And if such a person be drawn away from the walk in the Spirit to... Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.- Galatians 6:1

Absolutely.

It’s up to the individual whether or not they allow God to work on their heart.

“This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah. It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord. “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.” He makes the sun shine in the day, and he makes the moon and the stars shine at night. He stirs up the sea so that its waves crash on the shore. The Lord All-Powerful is his name. This is what the Lord says: “The descendants of Israel will never stop being a nation. That would happen only if I lost control of the sun, moon, stars, and sea.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31‬:‭31‬-‭36‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Reactions: rockytopva

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not in a position to judge. Sorry @MA2444. Jesus stated judge not least ye be judged. Therefore I’ll just continue marching on along. There are many people out there in the religious atmosphere that suggest a meth addict or a stripper could never be a saved person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Repent sinner, Repent… well, Rahab was a prostitue, and Jesus saved a prostitute. There are abused prostitution and sex trafficking going on in life right now today. Just as much as children abused in churches, and people drinking and driving, and people who rob people at gun point, or desire to commit evil crimes.

Just think about all of these characters of human beings God created who pick and choose what they will do in life. I believe while we have life we should be able to cherish moments spent with family? Friends? Mutual relationships with others, and love them for who they are, while not trying to change or make them any different just because we say that they need to change. People having the freedom to choose is because Yahweh allows people the freedom to do so.

No one can assess a life of whether it was good or not, without knowing the whole heart which is the life of us with our Soul, mind/will/emotions.

People who use pot, I don’t look down on.
People who don’t, I don’t look down on.
People who dislike the president, I choose not to partake, cause people are call to pray for all people.
People who have murdered, I don’t hold anything against them, they are being called to God? Daily? If they choose him or not? Not my choice. It’s theirs,
People who have molested children; I hold nothing against them; how could I ? It was their mistake or perhaps mental disposition, and people get hurt in the process, but are they expelled from receiving the Lord Yeshua?

Just some thoughts friend.

That's cool. We're just talking. No one in this thread is Judging you though? WHere? Judging you is speaking condemnation to you and I havent seen that. Did I miss it?

Only God knows the heart of man.

That's nice to be able to do but it's not the message put forth in the gospel. You are promised to suffer in this life. As to share in Christ's suffering then we can share in His glory also.

Yes they are. And yes, daily. What's your point?

I prayed to the Lord for Discernment. And I kept praying for it. One day He says to me, If you want to practice your Discernment look for me in other people so you can see me in them.../

Now I was too dumb to know right off what that meant but He caught up with the slow learner and clued Him in! Lol. It has to do with, Matthew 7:16-27 and Matthew 5:16

Now, no offense but it seems to me that your light is somewhat difficult to see. And if your reltionship with the Lord is so profund that you dont need any advice from any peons (sic), then shouldnt your speech mannerisms be somewhat different than they are? More respectful? Everyone I know that has a close relationship with God, practically shines like a light bulb to me.

Now dont look at me like I'm attackng you. We have to take on the mind of Christ, right? That means look at people like Jesus would. Talk to people like Jesus would. Dont be so quick to take offense when none is present. I'm not saying you are wrong or have bad fruit or anything of the sort. Several things you say are right on the money! And a couple things you are wrong about. That's all I'm saying. So you shouldnt be so thin skinned about it.

If there was no room for growth in the Lord with you...your light would be blinding! Brother, it isnt.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That makes me think of a Testimony I have. I said my morning prayers one day and towards the end I asked for the Lord to speak to me. Then I said my Amens and I started to go to work. And I thought, How could the Lord speak to me if I ask Him to speak to me, and then leave?! That's dumb. So I invited the Lord to ride along with me so we could talk more. My job was house to house all day long fixing furnaces, air conditioners, plumbing and all that stuff, so inbetween jobs we would talk in the truck on the way to the next Job. And I I would pray and speak to Him, and then pause and listen, and give Him a chance to speak to me. Keep my attention on Him and let my subconscious drive the truck, lol! SO I was talking to God a lot. Talking to Jesus. I was talking to Jesus, and then I was talking with Jesus. and it was obvious! His answers made sense to me, and his manner of speakking (or thinking!) was not my own! SO it was Him. Now...it Is Him !!

And so we're driving and I switched on the radio with the thought that some message might be on there. And as soon as I switched it on, Jesus said, please turn it off. And He was very clear. SO I did and have not turned it back on since!

Now I'm not saying that you should not listen to the radio. I'm telling you what Jesus said to Me. I didnt argue with Him about it! It was funny you mentioned that though and made me think about it.

We had such long talks in the truck. I ran out of things to say. But I couldnt just ignore the Friend that sticks closer than a Brother, could I? Lol So I came out with some small talk here and there and I asked him about video games and secular tv, is it ok to watch it sometimes? And He told me that the defining key to if He would approve of it or not is this....Does it glorify God in any way? Does it glorify sin in any way? If it glorifies sin, then don't play it or watch it. He said hates murder mysteries because He has to sit there and watch it with us, and watch His children that He loves so much and has plans for, get killed on screen. I asked what does he hate the most? What is the absolute worst TV? And He answered immediately and said, Soap Operas, I abhor soap operas...Many Documentaries are fine to watch though...!! And shows which do glorify God.

He also told me once that I shouldnt spend so much time on the internet. So I did a digital fast. No phone, no internet, or TV, no scrrens. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life, lol! I'm kidding, it was 24 hours.

I'm just sayin'...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know if people have judged me or not. I’m not condemning anyone of doing so. People do typically judge though, especially within four or five minutes of meeting someone, for the first time. Isn’t judging just given an opinion of something which one may deem right or wrong? Please let me know, thank you.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is heroine ok in moderation ?

or magic mushrooms ?

what about pcp ?

meth ?
Paul explains all things is lawful for him to do, but not everything is good for you.
Many have went through many different ways of life it doesn’t mean it was good for them to do. Even if those decisions did not involve drugs, we all tend to give into hatred, greed, lust, idolatry, etc… hatred tends to lead to murder. And murder is not good but our flesh is what needs tempered down? By the spirit?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey man I love you. You don’t gotta be this way towards me. You seem to get a bit too, passionate friend you should relax.
Looking back, maybe the best thing i ever did was smoking weed, it changed who i was in a way to become more open an free ? I am glad that i am not like them !
I was traped in a hell state that was created by my mum and dad, a Slave to them and their one way street, what they wanted from me ?
Full on work you to death and rip you off big time from when i was 7yo to 21yo !
They did not care about my opinion at all ! Zero regard that i was attacked at school by plenty people at all ! they were off in their own little world ? and nasty to me ! not in the worse sense but clearly such was disregard, that i do not look back on as chaming ? but pathetic non the lest rude ! We were to be seen and not heard and that's what they said !
Get in the car and if we asked where are we going ? forget it ! you had no right to know at all !
Ask if dad could screw his window up because i am cold in the back, forget it ! could not care less but get abuse you for asking !
If you had to go for a pee on a long car trip forget it, could not care less at all !
Not the worst people but an attitude that was not to be admired. but i did not truly know better back then to fire back at them for such and i never did !

When looking back i think i should of punched them in the face for smoking Fags for a start ! if i only knew the work load that was to be put on us, so as to help them out for one, in regards their health issues because of such rubbish for a start !

And here is my mum still dictating about Weed as the worst evil in the world ! Total ignorance ! Not to mention demanding that my cousin smoked weed, he was a top ranking dude in the Defence force. I said it's not true at all, i know it for a fact ! but some people do not care if they tell a lie or others think if i am the one who put such nonsense into her head ! and i get the blame ! i could not care less if he did smoke weed but he never did at all ! so I am the one who could cop it from my other cousins because we are the same age and went out together. so who else would it be saying such rubbish ? the spotlight goes on me !

But the point is that such as the weed is back them days was seen as such a dangerious drug, numer one on the List of all drugs, the most deadly by far and clearly totaly worthy of destroying anyones livelihood for good !

And that's what so many idiots do, work so as to destroy people or undermine others. for what ? Like in how D.J.Trump is attacked by the MSM 24/7 for they are clearly evil workings that drive such !

I was talking to an old dude and he was boasting of his live and money, i pointed out another dude i admirer and this dude went cooled, i said this dude is no idiot but the Media claim that he is just a fool ? so most people believe he is a total fool ! but i say prove it ! if he was sitting here with you, just try to prove it ! i bet you can't, he will run rings around you and make you look at total fool in fact !

So Jesus was correct, that this world is full of deceptions and delusions in fact ! the key is to understand this fact because if one does not you are lost as they come in such. You must come out from them ! that's what being truly born again is about. it's about set free from this words slavery, serving Christ Jesus first and foremost in your life and then you will have Life in abundance ? Heavenly blessing.

Reactions: ChristisGod