so thankful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to start things off, I work as an educator at a Christian drug and alcohol program. I work in Ministry so I work Non-Stop and I'm always at church or doing some sort of Outreach, and as a consequence I really don't have time for personal relationships that don't involve Ministry. About 2 months ago I was getting really lonely and I for a long time had been talking and kind of wrestling with God about the topic of a wife. He Had confronted my selfish motives and reasoning behind wanting a relationship about a year ago and I kind of just gave up the pursuit of anything like that. Well as I was saying about 2 months ago I started praying and talking to him about my heart and just my desires and I was laying in bed one night and as I often do I kind of just got this vision of me trying to open the door and it wouldn't budge, I was trying to do everything I could to open it and it wouldn't open, so eventually I turned my gaze up and I'm like God would you just open this door and it opened. About a week later I started talking to this wonderful beautiful Christian woman and I'm head over heels in love with her already. I had a moment exercising probably like a day or two later where I was just running and I and I was thanking God for this person and he told me I would do that with every area of your life if you just surrendered it the same way. I just wanted to encourage anybody and if you've been Waiting for God to bring somebody into your life, the wait is worth it I've been alone for probably close to seven years now and in full-time Ministry for about 3 years now and the wait has been worth it. The woman is wonderful and so kind and I'm so thankful to God for her so I know at this point I'm ranting so I'll end it with thank God.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So to start things off, I work as an educator at a Christian drug and alcohol program. I work in Ministry so I work Non-Stop and I'm always at church or doing some sort of Outreach, and as a consequence I really don't have time for personal relationships that don't involve Ministry. About 2 months ago I was getting really lonely and I for a long time had been talking and kind of wrestling with God about the topic of a wife. He Had confronted my selfish motives and reasoning behind wanting a relationship about a year ago and I kind of just gave up the pursuit of anything like that. Well as I was saying about 2 months ago I started praying and talking to him about my heart and just my desires and I was laying in bed one night and as I often do I kind of just got this vision of me trying to open the store and it wouldn't budge, I was trying to do everything I could to open it and it wouldn't open, so eventually I turned my gaze up and I'm like God would you just open this door and it opened. About a week later I started talking to this wonderful beautiful Christian woman and I'm head over heels in love with her already. I had a moment exercising probably like a day or two later where I was just running and I and I was thanking God for this person and he told me I would do that with every area of your life if you just surrendered it the same way. I just wanted to encourage anybody and if you've been Waiting for God to bring somebody into your life, the wait is worth it I've been alone for probably close to seven years now and in full-time Ministry for about 3 years now and the weight has been worth it. The woman is wonderful and so kind and I'm so thankful to God for her so I know at this point I'm ranting so I'll end it with thank God.
Good to become sure with her via much time spent with her in prayer and the Scriptures...

Reactions: SERVANTedu

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@SERVANTedu I guess the mother of the son you just mentioned is out of the picture now.
Sadly she has been for some time now. The relationship is beyond reconciliation and I've tried many times to win her to Christ of which she wanted nothing to do...

I will always hope the best for her but she wants nothing but romance from me and I have none to give her.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sadly she has been for some time now. The relationship is beyond reconciliation and I've tried many times to win her to Christ of which she wanted nothing to do...

I will always hope the best for her but she wants nothing but romance from me and I have none to give her.
Well, keep praying; the grace of God is greater than any of us.....

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to start things off, I work as an educator at a Christian drug and alcohol program. I work in Ministry so I work Non-Stop and I'm always at church or doing some sort of Outreach, and as a consequence I really don't have time for personal relationships that don't involve Ministry. About 2 months ago I was getting really lonely and I for a long time had been talking and kind of wrestling with God about the topic of a wife. He Had confronted my selfish motives and reasoning behind wanting a relationship about a year ago and I kind of just gave up the pursuit of anything like that. Well as I was saying about 2 months ago I started praying and talking to him about my heart and just my desires and I was laying in bed one night and as I often do I kind of just got this vision of me trying to open the door and it wouldn't budge, I was trying to do everything I could to open it and it wouldn't open, so eventually I turned my gaze up and I'm like God would you just open this door and it opened. About a week later I started talking to this wonderful beautiful Christian woman and I'm head over heels in love with her already. I had a moment exercising probably like a day or two later where I was just running and I and I was thanking God for this person and he told me I would do that with every area of your life if you just surrendered it the same way. I just wanted to encourage anybody and if you've been Waiting for God to bring somebody into your life, the wait is worth it I've been alone for probably close to seven years now and in full-time Ministry for about 3 years now and the wait has been worth it. The woman is wonderful and so kind and I'm so thankful to God for her so I know at this point I'm ranting so I'll end it with thank God.
Aw

catgrin.jpg