So what the hell you doing with your life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you took it personally! It was not intended that way. My swipe was at all of us... including most certainly myself. Fortunately for all of us, God is a merciful God!
And yet people use that excuse a lot, i do wonder why though? theres even a new movie out called "Just Mercy"... Yes God is merciful but i be darn people would use that to soften the Lords heart and guilt trip him...its like saying to someone " But i thought you said" and use thier own words against him when in reality it will be our own mouths who condemn us..its one thing for God to show mercy and another to get away from the truth and what you are guilty of...

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess not, such crap dont exist..you think Humpty dumpty and Jack and Jill exist too?

Please stop using words like 'what the hell', crap , and Sh*t on this Site ...as you did in a different post.

I have not hit the Report button on you...but it you continue to keep using such language I will start reporting your posts.
A friend of mine was suspended from here for doing the similar ...so, what is good for the goose....

If you can't post something edifying or interesting then why post at all.
The folks here have already given you lots of 'rope'... use it well, or your time may be limited.

Just saying...

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennifer,
You are not proving anything about other people when you keep spitting in their faces until they finally slap you back.
There may be some harsh people here, BUT it is you, yourself, who are bringing just about every bit of this retaliation on YOURSELF.
If you want to wallow in a puddle of self pity, that's fine. But, if not, then grow up some, take responsibility for your own actions, and quit trying to hide behind the same excuses you have used for years. Others are doing nothing to you that you are not hoping they will do, and you are working hard to assure that the same thing will happen here that you bring upon yourself probably everywhere you go.
You playing the victim gets old to those you try to foist that childish game on.... and I would think that SOMETIME you would also get tired of it, and begin to want more out of your life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet people use that excuse a lot, i do wonder why though? theres even a new movie out called "Just Mercy"... Yes God is merciful but i be darn people would use that to soften the Lords heart and guilt trip him...its like saying to someone " But i thought you said" and use thier own words against him when in reality it will be our own mouths who condemn us..its one thing for God to show mercy and another to get away from the truth and what you are guilty of...
Yes, sometimes people think that God's mercy is so great that He will overlook every mistake we make continuously. That is not so. There is a limit in God, and to presume otherwise is to tempt God.

The limit with God, I believe, will arrive very soon for a person who decides to go ahead in his evil way presuming that God will have mercy and allow him to repent one more time. This is purposely tempting God. We have promised that we will repent again after a while or tomorrow or next week. Then with that in mind as we calmly cross the street we are run down and killed by an unseen truck before we could repent that last time... We died in our sin instead of in Him.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal 6:7

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are not proving anything about other people when you keep spitting in their faces until they finally slap you back. There may be some harsh people here, BUT it is you, yourself, who are bringing just about every bit of this retaliation on YOURSELF.
Well said Willie. Time to put an end to this nonsense.

Reactions: historyb

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has been those who have not given up on us; especially God.
Even so! God knows how low we have gone and how high and difficult the climb up will be. If we don't give up on Him, He won't give up on us. Do you know that people often pat me on the back as if I had done something special... on sometimes it is on one of those days when I felt like the bottom had seemed to drop out from under my feet.

I then took hold of His hand again, but not before having a terrible feeling of loss. Can we imagine how King David felt when Nathan the prophet came to him and told him the story of the little ewe lamb and the bad guy? And David got angry with the evil man of the story. Then Nathan told him, "You are that man". When I'm the evil man in the story, Oh me!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we imagine how King David felt when Nathan the prophet came to him and told him the story of the little ewe lamb and the bad guy? And David got angry with the evil man of the story. Then Nathan told him, "You are that man". When I'm the evil man in the story, Oh me!

Just needs repeating. “Can we imagine how King David felt when Nathan the prophet came to him and told him the story of the little ewe lamb and the bad guy? And David got angry with the evil man of the story. Then Nathan told him, "You are that man". When I'm the evil man in the story, Oh me!“

Was talking to my husband about something similar the other day. How often it is we read the word to separate people for example goats and sheep but rarely examine...as you brought to mind “you are that man.”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so! God knows how low we have gone and how high and difficult the climb up will be. If we don't give up on Him, He won't give up on us. Do you know that people often pat me on the back as if I had done something special... on sometimes it is on one of those days when I felt like the bottom had seemed to drop out from under my feet.

I then took hold of His hand again, but not before having a terrible feeling of loss. Can we imagine how King David felt when Nathan the prophet came to him and told him the story of the little ewe lamb and the bad guy? And David got angry with the evil man of the story. Then Nathan told him, "You are that man". When I'm the evil man in the story, Oh me!
Can not stop meditating on “it is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed...(Lamentations 3:22)
Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Lamentations 3:21-23 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. [22] It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [23] They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Corinthians 6:9-10 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can not stop meditating on “it is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed...(Lamentations 3:22)
Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Lamentations 3:21-23 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. [22] It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [23] They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Corinthians 6:9-10 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
As all of us were before Jesus paid the price and before we accepted and received what He brought we were unable to endure the fire as the strongest of Nebuchadnezzar's soldiers were unable to live when they approached the fiery furnace in Daniel 3.

Jesus came provided the means for us to endure that consuming fire which is God. That is the new man of each of us, if and when we have been born again or born from above. Paul's writing here clarifies it for us if we can understand it:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." I Cor 3:11-17

The foundation is Jesus Himself. Without Him there is ultimately no hope. With Him we have hope. But as you see there is work to be done by each of us. A lot of the work will be burned up but some will be purified by the fire. Then again even some who started with that foundation, as I understand it, who go ahead and defile the temple of God... defile the foundation … will find themselves where Adam and Eve were after their disobedience with only death remaining, with only burnables remaining. When they are burned up nothing is left.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As all of us were before Jesus paid the price and before we accepted and received what He brought we were unable to endure the fire as the strongest of Nebuchadnezzar's soldiers were unable to live when they approached the fiery furnace in Daniel 3.

Jesus came provided the means for us to endure that consuming fire which is God. That is the new man of each of us, if and when we have been born again or born from above. Paul's writing here clarifies it for us if we can understand it:

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." I Cor 3:11-17

The foundation is Jesus Himself. Without Him there is ultimately no hope. With Him we have hope. But as you see there is work to be done by each of us. A lot of the work will be burned up but some will be purified by the fire. Then again even some who started with that foundation, as I understand it, who go ahead and defile the temple of God... defile the foundation … will find themselves where Adam and Eve were after their disobedience with only death remaining, with only burnables remaining. When they are burned up nothing is left.

Good post John.

Except for the last line. But you know my take on that! :)

I was amazed when the Funeral Home brought my mums ashes too me.
What amazed me was the weight...it was much heavier than I thought , a couple of lbs I would think...
When we scattered her I was also amazed again and how much was tiny bone chips.

"Can these bones live?" " Thou knowest O Lord.."

One day we will know all our answers ....it is not the end of everyones story yet.

Blessings...H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post John.

Except for the last line. But you know my take on that! :)

I was amazed when the Funeral Home brought my mums ashes too me.
What amazed me was the weight...it was much heavier than I thought , a couple of lbs I would think...
When we scattered her I was also amazed again and how much was tiny bone chips.

"Can these bones live?" " Thou knowest O Lord.."

One day we will know all our answers ....it is not the end of everyones story yet.

Blessings...H
When my wife's brother died her other brothers in California offered her a proportionate share of the ashes. She declined.

When my mother died with an Oregon residence, my brothers in Oregon offered me a proportionate share of the ashes. I declined.

I had a friend once who kept his wife's ashes in their home for many years until he himself died.

People have different ideas about different things. The decisions are ours, are they not? If a decision makes a difference, God will know!

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband asked our preacher if it was ok to be ???????? is it cremated ????? [[[ burned !!!!!!!!]]]

and he read it is ok , I am glad I hated going to the cemetery , I had to go so many times it seemed when I was younger ....
So my husband is gone and I just have to look at his picture when ever I want......... going to look at the ground was not
nice.............

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

agree with Helen. good post. Although I also stumbled within the last paragraph. Still return to Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed...Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

it is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed can also be; not only the mercy received, but the mercy given. It is of the fruit of the Spirit we are not consumed. Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agree with Helen. good post. Although I also stumbled within the last paragraph. Still return to Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed...Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

it is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed can also be; not only the mercy received, but the mercy given. It is of the fruit of the Spirit we are not consumed. Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
It is only through God's mercy that any of us have hope at all. Because of His love for us, He had mercy on us and sent open the Way that was closed to mankind since their first carnal parents were put outside the garden of Eden.

The paragraph which both @Helen and you stumble on is one which many people use in support of OSAS. Inadvertently I left verse 15 out of my post #35. I have edited the post to include it, but it is missing in yours and in Helen's posted copies.

"If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." I Cor 3:15

Some people read it to say that even though a lot of their own works burn up they are still saved. I read in conjunction with verse:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:11

Verse 11 makes it clear that the foundation is equal to Jesus Christ, the Rock. He is not sand. Without the Proper Foundation, that is without Jesus, the best on materials available [gold, silver and precious stones] used to build a house on that Foundation of Rock will wash away in the flood.

"And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it." Matt 7:26-27

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" Matt 7:24:25

The Proper Foundation is the key. If a person does not have or loses that Proper Foundation he loses any hope that the house which he is endure to the end!
[Rev 2:4 (first love lost)] [II Thess 2:10-11 (no love of truth results in delusion)]