Sola Scriptura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However - if you CAN'T find Scriptural proof -

You have been given Scriptural proof...

What YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN, is ANY PROOF, Scripture Alone is insufficient.

When are you going to actually STAND for what you believe and provide a SOURCE for your standing?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again.

Asa I educated you before - the Israelites bowed and PROSTRATED themselves before a golden box with golden angels on top.
Does THAT escape you that it may have been "idol worship"??

And your second claim in RED is a stupid as the first.
Catholics don't "seek out" Statues to "worship". We worship God alone - just as the Israelites worshiped God alone when they were prostrating themselves in from of that golden box, Einstein . . .

They prostrated themselves before the Mercy Seat of God - The angels were prostrated before the Mercy Seat and with their wings covered their faces so as not to even look upon Him.
This Mercy Seat of God is where the Blood of the Lamb was placed. Under the Mercy Seat of God was contained the Law.

FRIEND - i am not angry at you - Please do this, go to a private place, ask God to show you where(stay out of any church) and prostrate your heart before the Lord Jesus Christ and ask for His help to understand and know Him - to be accepted by Him.

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you get it through your thick skull that I do NOT accept the "manmade doctrine" of SS with ANY DEGREE OF VALIDITY AT ALL other than the fact it happens to coincide in principle with what Scripture says? I made that clear several times.
Either you embrace Sola Scripture or you reject sola Scriptura.
Soooo, WHICH is it - because you seem to be waffling on the issue . . .
That's not what i said. But like a good RCC drone you are programmed to twist things to suit your agenda.
No, only you
Then you ought to read your own words
It's absolutely what you implied.
So - clarify what you meant, if I'm wrong - and I don't think I am . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop going off on a tangent...

The POINT is "YOU reject Sola Scripture"...
So get to getting....What "TRUMPS" trusting Gods Inspired word?

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My Gawd, CAN YOU READ? What part of>>>>I do NOT accept the "manmade doctrine" of SS with ANY DEGREE OF VALIDITY AT ALL other than the fact it happens to coincide in principle with what Scripture says?<<< DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I thought at first this was just a posting thing but there is something seriously and possibly clinically wrong with your mind. You need help.

Can you read and comprehend the English language beyond an 8th grade level?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They prostrated themselves before the Mercy Seat of God - The angels were prostrated before the Mercy Seat and with their wings covered their faces so as not to even look upon Him.
This Mercy Seat of God is where the Blood of the Lamb was placed. Under the Mercy Seat of God was contained the Law.

FRIEND - i am not angry at you - Please do this, go to a private place, ask God to show you where(stay out of any church) and prostrate your heart before the Lord Jesus Christ and ask for His help to understand and know Him - to be accepted by Him.
Sooooo, God is ONLY present on the Mercy Seat - but He isn't omnipresent?
Is THAT what you're saying?? Because MY God, the God of Scripture is EVERYWHERE.

He is in my house and in my bathroom and garage and crucifix and Bible and refrigerator and EVERYWHERE else.
Where is YOUR god?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop going off on a tangent...

The POINT is "YOU reject Sola Scripture"...
So get to getting....What "TRUMPS" trusting Gods Inspired word?
Nothing "Trumps" Scripture.
But, as Scripture itself informs us - Sacred Tradition has EQUAL Authority (2 Thess. 2:15).

Without it - you wouldn't even have a New Testament.
It's as simple as that.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, as Scripture itself informs us - Sacred Tradition has EQUAL Authority (2 Thess. 2:15).

It's as simple as that.

i am posting this again to You because i left something out at the end, so i needed to update it for You.

FRIEND - i am not angry at you - Please do this, go to a private place, ask God to show you where(stay out of any church) and prostrate your heart before the Lord Jesus Christ and ask for His help to understand and know Him - to be accepted by Him purely from His LOVE for you which He suffered on the cross. He Loves you and He is the ONLY way to the Father and to knowing of His Goodness and Grace - Amen

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nowhere does that verse say any such thing as the 2 have equality. It is also said we are to only obey "mans law" when it does NOT conflict with God's law. More of your RCC twisting.

It's as simple as that.

Greeks had it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Gawd, CAN YOU READ? What part of>>>>I do NOT accept the "manmade doctrine" of SS with ANY DEGREE OF VALIDITY AT ALL other than the fact it happens to coincide in principle with what Scripture says?<<< DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I thought at first this was just a posting thing but there is something seriously and possibly clinically wrong with your mind. You need help.

Can you read and comprehend the English language beyond an 8th grade level?
Then, WHY did it take you 10 pages of arguments to finally admit the fallacy of Sola Scriptura?
WHY, back in post #207 did YOU state that ALL of my arguments to the contrary had been "refuted"?

This is a textbook example of waffling based on the fact that I disproved your argument and you have nowhere to run.
Thank you for at least admitting your folly.

Next time - don't bring a pea-shooter to a gunfight . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again.

Asa I educated you before - the Israelites bowed and PROSTRATED themselves before a golden box with golden angels on top.
Does THAT escape you that it may have been "idol worship"??

LOL...
Okay, lets have it....God instructed the Building of the Ark, with a seat atop FOR GOD....
..and God instructed Catholics to....
Erect statues for bowing down to?

And your second claim in RED is a stupid as the first.
Catholics don't "seek out" Statues to "worship".

LOL...what you call stupid has been proved over and over and over....Catholics flock and bow before statues of (supposed Christ)....
(As tourists) all over the world.

And in your own Catholic Church....really, you don't bow before statues in your Catholic Church.....:rolleyes:
Well, if that be so (har har), your acting skills would fail in the movies....:p

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, WHY did it take you 10 pages of arguments to finally admit the fallacy of Sola Scriptura?
WHY, back in post #207 did YOU state that ALL of my arguments to the contrary had been "refuted"?

You still try to make things up and try to twist context. If you actually READ ( and then understood without all your inane rambling) you might not have overlooked it. I admitted no such "fallacy" so dont twist my words.

Your arguments HAVE been refuted- you are just ranting in circles now and not addressing others points because you cant.

This is a textbook example of waffling based on the fact that I disproved your argument and you have nowhere to run.
Thank you for at least admitting your folly.

You disproved nothing but like a good RCC drone you like to just 'claim things' as it suits you.

Next time - don't bring a pea-shooter to a gunfight . . .

That's too funny child. A mental midget stuck on rambling isn't much of an obstacle for me. I have been having mercy on you because i felt sorry for your overall lack of knowledge and skill of the subject. You cant even discuss- you have to stay on your script.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere does that verse say any such thing as the 2 have equality. It is also said we are to only obey "mans law" when it does NOT conflict with God's law. More of your RCC twisting.
Greeks had it.
FALSE.

2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

"WHETER by"
and "OR by" = either/or.
Greeks had it.
As declared by the CATHOLIC Church at the Council of Rome in 382.

Checkmate.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So ... is that your concession FOR Sola Scriptura IS the express inspired Word of God?

Oh....the BUT ....:rolleyes:
Do you really not comprehend the DIFFERENCE Between "traditions", "rituals", "trinkets"......AND SPEECH?

it - you wouldn't even have a New Testament.
It's as simple as that.

I have a New Testament because of Jesus...
Period.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE.

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

"WHETER by"
and "OR by" = either/or.

Checkmate.

Friend - Religion and Rome condemned Jesus - who committed no sin - They condemned Him to death.

Get yourself this book: Babylon Mystery Religion by Ralph Woodrow

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am posting this again to You because i left something out at the end, so i needed to update it for You.

FRIEND - i am not angry at you - Please do this, go to a private place, ask God to show you where(stay out of any church) and prostrate your heart before the Lord Jesus Christ and ask for His help to understand and know Him - to be accepted by Him purely from His LOVE for you which He suffered on the cross. He Loves you and He is the ONLY way to the Father and to knowing of His Goodness and Grace - Amen
Soooo, the golden angels were ALIVE?
Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

They were hunks of gold - nor real Angels.
The Angels in the Temple were just statues - not real Angels.
The Crucifux on my wall at home is a hunk of wood and metal - it's not really Jesus hanging there.

However - God is PRESENT in all these things.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE.

"WHETER by"
and "OR by" = either/or.

The only thing thats "false" is your understanding. Nowhere in any legitimate read of that does it give equal footing to traditional law versus scripture. You just pretend it does.

It existed long before then as an assembly over at least 2 mentioned earlier.

Is all your script this inaccurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.