SolutionSource Vision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
As the first step to a larger vision, I am excited to announce the development of a web support base for people in search of personal advice. The project codename is SolutionSource.This support base will be entirely free because I believe that any life assistance should be without cost!And this is where we need you! Assisting and encouraging people is a delicate subject... it is important that the counselor have a good understanding of life, moreover a Christ-driven life.It is useless to help someone if the information doesn’t result as an advancement for the kingdom of God. If you believe this is something you would like to contribute to, and feel called to, don't stop reading! Whatever your qualities, whatever your age, you can help! There is a large need for people like you.The service has a basic message: “Provide help for people in need of love, faith and wisdom”, each defined as a color branding. If you think you can enlighten people’s problems with their relations (friendships, romance, family), faith (God, themselves, the future) and wisdom (everyday decisions, choices, reactions), contact us at the address below for more information!Now if you do not think you have those qualities, there is still an enormous amount of need for marketing volunteers, web designers, directors, translators and of course financial support. Below is a table with the amount of volunteers needed: [url="http://www.allan.ch/rwt/junk/SolutionSource%20Vision%20Article.pdf]
SS_table.jpg
[/url]As to the amount of time you want to dedicate to this service, it’s entirely up to you! To stay tuned with the progress of this project, please contact me at: THESOLUTIONSOURCE at GMAIL.COM-[url="http://www.allan.ch/rwt/junk/SolutionSource%20Vision%20Article.pdf]view pdf -[/url]

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
By the way, this may look a bit spammy as a post, but I forgot to add that I'd very much like to know what you think of it. If it inspires you. If its not worth it....Though if you feel called to helping this project, please also contact me by mail as I have information to send depending on the person.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(rwt;14468)
By the way, this may look a bit spammy as a post, but I forgot to add that I'd very much like to know what you think of it. If it inspires you. If its not worth it....Though if you feel called to helping this project, please also contact me by mail as I have information to send depending on the person.
First of all, is this help site related to http://www.christianity.com/?Secondly, I would love to help people, as many people tend to open to me..... if I visit your house, I'd be the lap that the dog or cat would sit on. I am that kind of person. However, in all that, I tend to look at things very deeply, like my other friends on this board (such as Kriss and Doppleganger). If I were to help people out, it would be in light of deeper Christianity. I'm not so sure that some people want to hear that. I found from life experience (and I'm almost 50 now) that people that are troubled do not want to hear truth, but they want empathy, especially the type that fits their notions. And unbeknownst to themselves, their great desire to hear the answers that they want to hear is the very thing that may be causing their problems to begin with. Get my drift?If I were to help, I tell things as they are. Period. I won't butter things up, and I would not tolerate being told to butter things up, either. I'm far from a heartless fellow, but at the same token I think some problems are self-generated and I won't hesitate to tell people that, either. If that's what you want, then I might be of service.

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
First of all, is this help site related to http://www.christianity.com/?
No, this project is not directly linked to christianity, but a partenship solution would be a nice idea... to follow.To tell you the truth, tim_from_pa, I totally agree with you.In a sense it is good to give them a direct answer, to give them the "hard truth". I too am very much this way. But there must be an balance between both. Some very sensible people need love and encouragement too.If they do not want to hear the truth, it's up to them.... but as long as they've heard it...!Now everyone has a different personnality. Some are just like you. Others ain't. If I can take them all, mix them up, I believe I would get a unity.And then it's easy.. depending on what the person needs, he will be directed to the correct counselor.What do you think about that?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(rwt;14883)
No, this project is not directly linked to christianity, but a partenship solution would be a nice idea... to follow.To tell you the truth, tim_from_pa, I totally agree with you.In a sense it is good to give them a direct answer, to give them the "hard truth". I too am very much this way. But there must be an balance between both. Some very sensible people need love and encouragement too.If they do not want to hear the truth, it's up to them.... but as long as they've heard it...!Now everyone has a different personnality. Some are just like you. Others ain't. If I can take them all, mix them up, I believe I would get a unity.And then it's easy.. depending on what the person needs, he will be directed to the correct counselor.What do you think about that?
I'm a little confused I fear. This is not linked directly to Christianity, you mean the site? Or the faith? If you mean the site, which I think you do, I was wondering what site this is affiliated with? And I take it this is some set-up with private communications. Again, with respect to what site (service)?If this is all in its forming yet, I think that it would be good to have something in place first.As for myself, I would not mind helping out as time permits, as I have enough time to contribute a message or two daily to this forum. However, the other issues would be confidentiality. I know that some forums have a help section but it is open to the public and some people do not want their problems displayed in public. A solution (which I think you are driving at here) is a sort of IMing one-on-one type communication, but frankly, I would only want to be known under a screen name (like mine here, because my name really is Tim and I live in Pennsylvania---- that's all anyone really has to know about me online. It's correct, and yet not overly revealing.) I been around enough to know that people spoof things and you may not know who you are talking with on the other end. But "generic" one-on-one is OK even if a person is spoofing. There's no harm done or anything known about the person's identity.

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
Sorry, I was indeed talking about this website.
what site this is affiliated with?
It is affiliated to a communication company. I do not wish to share the name right now for marketing reasons. When SolutionSource is finished, much more information will be given.Concerning confidentiality, it is one of the main functions given to people. Nothing is published publicly unless the user desides otherwhise.The only people that can view and participate is the poster himself and the SolutionSource volunteers/couselors in the specific section.! IT IS NOT A FORUM !As for the volunteers, their contact information will also be private for the company.It is interely customizable as it is designed by ourselves.This is why, you remarks are very appreciated, it helps us take decisions and make changes.The coding and developpin of SolutionSource is still going to take a while, this is why I start looking for helpers right now, so that when its finished, you may test it and then it will be published.I am also wondering about the freedom of the visitors of this website. How many questions do you think they should be able to ask freely? Cause if people start asking questions for every single problem they have, it becomes a problem!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
OK---- it does not sound to bad. The confidentiality seems to be there and it sounds like you are getting things in place. Count me in; I'll always be here in this forum so you can send me a PM when things are in order.
I am also wondering about the freedom of the visitors of this website. How many questions do you think they should be able to ask freely? Cause if people start asking questions for every single problem they have, it becomes a problem!
Yes, I can see your point. Let me give you some life experiences I had. I was a technician in a high-profile communications company in the microelectronics fabrication room. People would ask me (us) questions whenever there was a process problem for us to resolve. Some of the guys (and some gals as well) rather do technical work and were not good with handling people and when some people would come to them, they'd get very irritated to be asked. But that's what we were there for! The people would always come to me since I was very patient and I loved helping them. Sometimes they'd get confident enough to talk about their personal problems with me and I'd joke with my wife that I was counselor as well. People knew which technician to go to and which ones not to. Like I said, I was always patient and I took on many problems throughout my shift.That being said, there were those that took advantage of the situation and complained about every little thing. Funny thing was that they would not make the effort to get off their chairs to look for me, but if I pass by them they'd grab me for 5-10 minutes every time and distract me from some things I was really doing. (After awhile, I learned to bypass such people) Even I had some agitation in my voice at such times. One has to realize that such people are never happy and they basically need constant ego-boosts, need to vent and whatnot. It's a bad emotional habit and they create problems where there are none. I can sense if I am talking with such a person, and like I pointed out earlier, this is where I would "tell it like it is". Feeding such a person what they want in that case is like giving an alcoholic more alcohol. It helps nothing. If they "don't get it", I would be the type to just reduce or even sever communication if you get my point.I won't put a quantitative amount on the "number of questions" but I think I can detect by them and the repetition of similar types of questions if I am dealing with such a person.

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
right... thanks I see what you mean. Its up to us to sort out the importance of their problems. I'll have to do a sorting class for the staff members then.thanks a lot for your engagement in this project.You certainly will be notified when the project is ready for launch, as we'll be needing your experienced point of view
wink.gif
God bless.

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
right... thanks I see what you mean. Its up to us to sort out the importance of their problems. I'll to do a sorting class for the staff members then.thanks a lot for your engagement in this project.You certainly will be notified when the project is ready for launch, as we'll be needing your experienced point of view
wink.gif
God bless.

rwt

Aug 4, 2007
no problem
wink.gif
Please send your email address, and information at:THESOLUTIONSOURCE at GMAIL.COMThis way, I can keep track of participants.Cheers