[Solved]Matthew 12:31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are certainly welcomed by many my friend. There are some here who do not welcome a person who believes the things of God differently. They would rather that we [that is me and you and others as well] not be here at all. If they get too out of line, @Angelina or one of the other moderators will help...

Or just do what I did and put them on ignore. He had me in tears.

Reactions: amadeus

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Well you might ask what is wrong with me. The same as I might ask what is wrong with you? But unlike you, I don't get all het up when someone upsets you and get sarcastic. I just go about my business writing and teaching and let the negatives go through to the keeper. That way I tend to do those things that God approves of, rather than what some people here don't approve of.
good
one thing is for sure i judge too easily and it is my fault sorry

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
and we are rejecting what He says, consider it a trick of the mind, a delusion, our imagination, etc.,
uhm isn't rejecting that considered as not knowing?

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
If you reject the gospel when the Holy Spirit is convicting you of sin and of righteousness and judgment, there is no hope for you. If God can't convince you of the truth, no man will ever do so
but when he was called he heard it

there really is a time for everything
and it can't be forced

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uhm isn't rejecting that considered as not knowing?

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

but when he was called he heard it

there really is a time for everything
and it can't be forced
Every soul that receives the gospel and is born again by the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) was chosen to be in Him from before the foundation of the world, but yes, there is a moment in time when we believe Him, receive Him, and are made alive (spiritually) which is according to His election and His grace. I also believe that there are those that are chosen from the womb for specific purposes. My mom was a devout Roman Catholic, and like many Catholic women had desired that one of her children would become a priest or nun and spend life serving God. things didn't quite work out the way she planned. I was the last of 3 boys and none of us kept any sort of strong relationship with the RCC. However my mom did dedicate my life to Him (as the last of her children) though she didn't tell me this until well into my adulthood. While I had a real love for the Jesus of the gospels and a desire to be like Him, my scripture reading from an early age made me less than enthusiastic about a church where I was roughly handled and smacked around by people professing to be servants of God. I also became concerned about the apparent disregard of commandments and instructions to the church that I regularly observed among the "clergy." The result was that I stopped attending masses immediately after being " confirmed" in the faith and was granted that desire by my father (in opposition to mom's wishes.) I spent the best part of the first 39 years of my life, studying a mixture of science, religion, philosophy, and occultism because of a strong desire to know the truth. I experienced many unusual things, some of which proved the reality of the spiritual nature of the world to me, but it was not until I was ministered to (for some years) by two faithful born again Christians, coworkers at my place of employment, that patiently answered my questions and demonstrated a certain sanctification in their lives, that I was convinced that the scripture was really inspired of God and wholly true. I finally understood and believed the gospel at the age of 39 and it most certainly changed the direction of my life. All these things were sovereignly ordered by God according to His will and not my own.
I can't really imagine someone "hearing" God's call through the work of His Spirit and rejecting it. Yet, Jesus taught parables in the face of the Pharisees that pointed to them knowing exactly who He is, but still rejecting Him and killing Him in order to keep their power and authority. If anyone truly walks away from God and never returns to Him, it's highly unlikely that they ever knew Him in the first place. To receive His Spirit is to gain immediate and direct access to the Father. Knowing His character, His mercy and His justice, His love and His grace, it is inconceivable to me that anyone could just walk away from Him (permanently), but there's a huge difference between being "religious" and knowing Him. Even knowing about Him, through study of the scripture, is no guarantee of knowing Him experientially by His Spirit and so people may be self deceived in their presumption. This one thing I know to be true, because Jesus said so:
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!Luke 11:13

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or just do what I did and put them on ignore. He had me in tears.
Yes there is that option as well. I've never used it here, but I purposely avoid unnecessary contact with some people because I have seen little or nothing edifying in their writings. I also avoid certain subjects which rarely do more than result in a lot of futile name calling. Help us dear Lord!

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians) having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was casting out demons in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus had an unclean spirit and casts them out by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) Jesus was very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and these Pharisees who committed this unforgivable sin were not believers.
That's it!

I'm not convinced it's something you can actually do now. But I wouldn't be dogmatic.

I think this may be the most widely misunderstood passage in the New Testament!

Much love!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's it!

I'm not convinced it's something you can actually do now. But I wouldn't be dogmatic.

I think this may be the most widely misunderstood passage in the New Testament!

Much love!
It is only misunderstood by people who do not want to know or do not want to find out the truth.

If it is in scripture you can do it now.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is only misunderstood by people who do not want to know or do not want to find out the truth.

If it is in scripture you can do it now.

I like these kind of statements. All statements can be miss-understood by anyone, and we do it all the time, and even say things we do not mean. What is actually being said is, "I know the right meaning, and if you read it correctly you will agree with me but you do not want to know the truth or find it."

The truth is Jesus. Of all the contributors to this forum some Jesus will say, "Welcome good and faithful servant" while others "I never knew you".

By grace, forgiveness and mercy I pray we all know Jesus and follow Him to His glory.
It is only by the Father granting us the grace to repentance that we may find life in Jesus.
And that is enough for me. God bless you