Solving the mistery of the trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Did you miss what I wrote about that verse in a previous post? Do you even understand that the context of Hebrews chapter one is discussing the throne of David that Christ was given? Do you understand that the companions talked about were the line of earthly kings that had sat on that throne over God's people? Do you not understand that God never spoke that way to an angel because it was to men that he spoke it?

Doesn't really matter what the historical events were. The facts are that God the Father called the Son.... GOD!

Reactions: Anastacia

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Although, I am a big fan of placing love ahead of doctrine - purposely teaching heresy is wrong.

All the major heresies throughout Church history have started with redefining the true nature of God as the only all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, Triune Godhead.

Christ's divinity is an essential part of this doctrine.

Abandoning the doctrine of the Trinity is equal to abandoning Christianity.

Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

You know so little. You do not even understand divinity.

Well, I guess this ends our discussion.

God Bless!

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
You have your own definition of slander evidently.

The thread you post here is interesting in ways but yet represents attempts to rationalize while holding on to wrong ideas.

There is no substitute for understanding when it comes to what we were given to understand.

Whether you or anyone likes it or not I am a true minister taught of Christ and have at this point only given you a nibble of what I am taught, not of men but of God.

You do slander. You use scripture against those who don't agree with you....choosing scriptures that are meant for the unsaved.

That doesn't make sense what you say "yet represents attempts to rationalize while holding on to wrong ideas." That's your sorry attempt at trying to rationalize while holding on to your wrong ideas.

Take your own advice.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Doesn't really matter what the historical events were. The facts are that God the Father called the Son.... GOD!

No. The facts are that corrupt men who tampered with the words of God's record called the Son God.

All because they could not understand what Doubting Thomas said as an exclamation of Christ being the light window to men's seeing God.

One comment too spiritual for them and they go nuts!

And Trinitarians exhibit that same insanity today cursing and condemning any who say they only see Jesus as the Son of God, the very way the Bible most speaks of him.

There has been no greater corrupting influence on Bible translation than the Trinity heresy.

History is full of records where Trinitarians murdered others in hideous ways to get rid of competition.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There has been no greater corrupting influence on Bible translation than the Trinity heresy.
Jesus was a heretic?

Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
No. The facts are that corrupt men who tampered with the words of God's record called the Son God.
Funny thing is you can't prove that. Factual and historical evidence has all the manuscripts staunchly against that claim.

The only person in history that disagrees with what's written is you. The only disagreement of scholars in Hebrews 1:8 comes from "the kingdom" or "your kingdom"- some argue "you" may have been added for clarity.

Regardless, God the Father calling the son GOD- is not in dispute. You'll have to provide SUBSTANTIAL evidence against the contrary - considering nobody has unearthed any you're SOL on what you're preaching.
You're ignoring and disagreeing with the Bible simply because it disagrees with your view. Reform or you'll end up where you don't want to.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010

All because they could not understand what Doubting Thomas said as an exclamation of Christ being the light window to men's seeing God.

One comment too spiritual for them and they go nuts!

And Trinitarians exhibit that same insanity today cursing and condemning any who say they only see Jesus as the Son of God, the very way the Bible most speaks of him.

History is full of records where Trinitarians murdered others in hideous ways to get rid of competition.

I don't use the word 'Trinity,' because it isn't in the Bible. I was a Catholic for most of my life, and I was taught about the Trinity, but still, the Catholic's did not teach me that Jesus was God. I learned that later when out of the Catholic religion.
You probably know about the Dead Sea Scrolls....so, do you think that corrupt men found those scrolls and changed the words of God on those too?

And, I don't curse and condemn any who say they only see Jesus as the Son of God. I think there are a lot of people who do that though...you included. You did try to use scripture meant for the unsaved against us here who don't agree with you. Maybe since you don't like it when it's done to you, then you should stop doing to.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
I don't use the word 'Trinity,' because it isn't in the Bible. I was a Catholic for most of my life, and I was taught about the Trinity, but still, the Catholic's did not teach me that Jesus was God. I learned that later when out of the Catholic religion.
You probably know about the Dead Sea Scrolls....so, do you think that corrupt men found those scrolls and changed the words of God on those too?

And, I don't curse and condemn any who say they only see Jesus as the Son of God. I think there are a lot of people who do that though...you included. You did try to use scripture meant for the unsaved against us here who don't agree with you. Maybe since you don't like it when it's done to you, then you should stop doing to.

Anastacia, most who call Jesus, God, don't really mean that He is The Father but don't have any other word to use to acknowledge Him as LORD and Savior, part and parcel of the Godhead.

Since the early church couldn't find an appropriate way to express who Jesus is and identify the Holy Spirit they came up with this man made doctrine of trinity in unity.

However, Jesus Himself clarified who God was in John 4:24; "God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

There is only one Spirit that is "Holy" and that is the Father from whom all things Holy emanate. Jesus was the Logos of The Father made flesh. In Him was/is the fullness of Deity.

God is ONE, not three.

Note:, rest in the assurance that the "Dead Sea Scrolls" were not tampered with. It is the teachings of the early church leadership that became corrupt.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God is ONE, not three.
Nobody said the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 Gods. That's the way you choose to understand it.

Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)
[sup]26 [/sup]Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness;

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
God = One as Spirit, (not "a" spirit), Holy, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Supreme in Divinity, Authority. Father of Creation, being perceived by what was made and by "The Spirit", (i.e. Himself), made Himself understood through His Word, (Logos).

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Anastacia, most who call Jesus, God, don't really mean that He is The Father but don't have any other word to use to acknowledge Him as LORD and Savior, part and parcel of the Godhead.

Since the early church couldn't find an appropriate way to express who Jesus is and identify the Holy Spirit they came up with this man made doctrine of trinity in unity.

However, Jesus Himself clarified who God was in John 4:24; "God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

There is only one Spirit that is "Holy" and that is the Father from whom all things Holy emanate. Jesus was the Logos of The Father made flesh. In Him was/is the fullness of Deity.

God is ONE, not three.

Note:, rest in the assurance that the "Dead Sea Scrolls" were not tampered with. It is the teachings of the early church leadership that became corrupt.

Hi Dave. I know that most who call Jesus God don't really mean that Jesus is the Father. You mention the Catholic church as the early church, but I don't look at the Catholic church as an early church, nor do I look to the Catholic religion for any learning in the Truth. As a believer in the Bible being the written Word of God, I don't use the word Trinity since it's not in the Bible.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying "There is only one Spirit that is "Holy" and that is the Father from whom all things Holy emanate." Jesus is Holy, and through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Are you a Oneness Pentecostal?

And to your side note, I don't believe the Dead Sea Scrolls were tampered with. I was just trying to show the other poster that there are Bible translations we can trust, since there is the Dead Sea Scrolls in which to translate from.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Hi Dave. You mention the Catholic church as the early church,
The early catholic church actually started with Ignatius of Antioch, (100 AD). He was the first to use the Greek term and the first to use the concept of one Bishop over all
I'm not sure what you mean by saying "There is only one Spirit that is "Holy" and that is the Father from whom all things Holy emanate."
Jesus is Holy, and through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:1-3; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John, here, is still referring to The Logos, (Word), of God.

Are you a Oneness Pentecostal?
No.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to Dave in blue.
The early catholic church actually started with Ignatius of Antioch, (100 AD). He was the first to use the Greek term and the first to use the concept of one Bishop over all

Was the church called "Catholic" yet at that point? And, just because Ignatius of Antioch was what the Catholic believe the one who started their church, that doesn't mean it is acceptable to believe everything he taught, especially if it contradicts what is in the Bible. Ignatius' writings are not part of the Bible....it is not considered inspired.

John 1:1-3; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

I know what John was referring to. I guess I just don't know what you are trying to explain. Sorry.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011

No.

I hate to sound like a broken record but will you now address my question I have asked you repeatedly in your post "whats in a word"
Who is the LORD that ate with Abraham in Gen 18. As you said above God the Father is spirit. Isn't this also the LOGOs in the OT? I believe Jesus is the only manifestation of God men have ever seen in both the OT as well as the New. God the Fathers voice has been heard by John the Baptist as well as in the transfiguration NT, on the mountain with Moses OT ect.