Some good information for Dave

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if the "anti cult" material gave you bad information here?
Are you willing to really examine things and discard bad information?
It is clear to me (if not to you) that 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Galatians 1:6-9 and Jude 1:3 refer to Mormonism from the Lord's perspective (Jude 1:3 referring to Christianity as the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints to the exclusion of Mormonism); that He placed these verses in the Bible foreseeing that Mormonism would become a religion some day and as a warning against falling for its lies.

Reactions: Dave L

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moroni is accursed because he preached a different gospel to Joseph Smith; if that is even a true story.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not really...do you think that I want to be deceived also?
It is clear to me (if not to you) that 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 and Galatians 1:6-9 and Jude 1:3 refer to Mormonism from the Lord's perspective (Jude 1:3 referring to Christianity as the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints to the exclusion of Mormonism); that He placed these verses in the Bible foreseeing that Mormonism would become a religion some day and as a warning against falling for its lies.

If all you want to do is rescue that figment of your imagination, and don't care about getting your facts straight or seeing the real me: then you have doomed this conversation from the start. Such an approach lacks real love and devotion to truth.

No sane person wants to sit around while getting lectured at for imaginary crimes.

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would encourage you to read your Bible alone for a period of a year (I'm certain that you know the other books well enough) and see if you don't come up with a different impression of who Christ is.

Rom 12:2, And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all you want to do is rescue that figment of your imagination, and don't care about getting your facts straight or seeing the real me: then you have doomed this conversation from the start. Such an approach lacks real love and devotion to truth.

No sane person wants to sit around while getting lectured at for imaginary crimes.
I am not accusing you of any crimes.

As I said to you once before, if you are walking off the edge of a cliff into a lava pit, getting to know what you like for breakfast can wait until I can stop you from going over the edge.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But since we are on the subject, what do you like to eat for breakfast?

(Now I don't want to turn this into any kind of date; I am a married man and do not want to get to know you too well because anyone of the opposite sex that you start to get to know better is a potential adulterous affair).

So on second thought, don't even tell me.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not accusing you of any crimes.

As I said to you once before, if you are walking off the edge of a cliff into a lava pit, getting to know what you like for breakfast can wait until I can stop you from going over the edge.
You think I am walking off a cliff because you have all these false ideas of what I believe.
You are unwilling to listen to what I actually believe and instead cling to all these false ideas.
Such is not of Christ, and such is not love.
And I'm not going to sit around for such shinagains.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"shennanigans".

If I really cared about you, I would tackle you so that you didn't walk over the edge of the cliff...

But it appears that the Bible teaches me not to love those who preach a different gospel, in that it tells me to simply let them be accursed.

If you were not a promoter of spiritual poison, I would probably want to get to know what you believe a lot better so that I could correct it with biblical truth; but as it is, I know that the deceiver is sly and that he has things within the construct of your belief system that could do me spiritual harm: and the shepherd advocates me that I should avoid a conversation of that nature for that reason. Because you could pull me down off the chair rather than me pulling you up onto it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"shennanigans".

If I really cared about you, I would tackle you so that you didn't walk over the edge of the cliff...

But it appears that the Bible teaches me not to love those who preach a different gospel, in that it tells me to simply let them be accursed.

If you were not a promoter of spiritual poison, I would probably want to get to know what you believe a lot better so that I could correct it with biblical truth; but as it is, I know that the deceiver is sly and that he has things within the construct of your belief system that could do me spiritual harm: and the shepherd advocates me that I should avoid a conversation of that nature for that reason. Because you could pull me down off the chair rather than me pulling you up onto it.
A true disciple of Christ does not fear being factual, including about what other people believe.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what your point is because I feel that I have been factual through and through.
I'm sorry but I need to be direct here: thus far you have blindly repeat the false claims made by "anti cult", and actively refuse to listen to whether they line up reality and call such fact checking "spiritual poison". As if getting the facts straight on what I believe somehow threatens your salvation.

A disciple of Christ has no need to fear facts. A disciple of Christ should have no problem with sitting down and actually listening to what a person believes- and should index welcome the opportunity to be factual. That doesn't mean agree with that other person's beliefs- but be factual as to what those beliefs actually are.

"Anti cult" material fears truth. Hence all of their warnings "don't actually ask someone what they believe- just take our word for it! Don't actually visit them and fact check! oh don't believe anything they tell you- they're just brainwashed people who don't know what they actually believe-- I'll tell you want that person actually believes. Just true what *I* tell you". Add in more threats about walking off cliffs, lakes of fire, burning Hell, and some more fear morgoling.

Justbyfaith, I don't know what your personal stance is here. Ultimately this is your choice to make. It ain't going to change my day or my beliefs one bit. But it's your choice to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"shennanigans".

Hmm..

Faith and fear do not go together

You are speaking from a place of fear, justbyfaith.

Do you really believe that a perfect understanding of correct doctrine at all times is going to mean anything in the end?

When dementia sets in, do we lose our membership in the flock?

Do you really think that the brilliant church father Tertullan who ended up losing his way in the Montanist heresy of the times...lost his salvation?

Seems to me that God is faithful and finishes what he starts....despite our wandering. If it really was up to us to keep the facts straight we would be lost for sure.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be honest with you, my Bible tells me to just let you be accursed since you preach another gospel; so my aim in these things is geared more to helping others to steer clear of the false gospel that you might try to preach to them once you get them into your "parlor".
So far that is all I have seeing you do, you know the log in ones eye thingy..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When dementia sets in, do we lose our membership in the flock?
1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I have heard of people who have, because of dementia, forgotten the names of their own children; but when you mention the name of the Lord Jesus it brightens their eyes...for that is a name that they recognize. Who can forget the One who saved their souls?

God will preserve the ones who have dementia in their souls: if they are truly one of His, they will not forget the basic message that Christ died for them and rose again.

Do you really think that the brilliant church father Tertullan who ended up losing his way in the Montanist heresy of the times...lost his salvation?

The Lord will be the judge of Tertullan; as for me, I would encourage the reader to seek to finish well.

If it really was up to us to keep the facts straight we would be lost for sure.

Of course, if our idea of who the Lord is, is so off-base that when we think of the name of Jesus Christ, we are not thinking of the God of the Bible...at that point we become worshippers of an idol that is not the God who created us, though the idol we worship bears the name of the one true God, he is a counterfeit....he is not defined the same as the one true God of the holy scriptures.

God specifically prohibited the worship of idols in the ten commandments.

And repeats the prohibition in the New Testament:

1Co 10:14, Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
1Co 10:15, I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

1Jo 5:20, And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jo 5:21, Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I need to be direct here: thus far you have blindly repeat the false claims made by "anti cult", and actively refuse to listen to whether they line up reality and call such fact checking "spiritual poison". As if getting the facts straight on what I believe somehow threatens your salvation.

A disciple of Christ has no need to fear facts. A disciple of Christ should have no problem with sitting down and actually listening to what a person believes- and should index welcome the opportunity to be factual. That doesn't mean agree with that other person's beliefs- but be factual as to what those beliefs actually are.

"Anti cult" material fears truth. Hence all of their warnings "don't actually ask someone what they believe- just take our word for it! Don't actually visit them and fact check! oh don't believe anything they tell you- they're just brainwashed people who don't know what they actually believe-- I'll tell you want that person actually believes. Just true what *I* tell you". Add in more threats about walking off cliffs, lakes of fire, burning Hell, and some more fear morgoling.

Justbyfaith, I don't know what your personal stance is here. Ultimately this is your choice to make. It ain't going to change my day or my beliefs one bit. But it's your choice to make.

Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

I will go with what the Bible says rather than with your human reasoning.

"Anti-cult" material seeks to preserve the Christian from being deceived by lies propagated by whatever cult it is they are speaking of.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far that is all I have seeing you do, you know the log in ones eye thingy..
By all means head straight into Mormon doctrine, and see where it gets you...

You can't say I didn't warn you, on your day of judgment.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

This verse about *embracing* other beliefs, not abut getting your facts straight.
"Anti-cult" material seeks to preserve the Christian from being deceived by lies propagated by whatever cult it is they are speaking of.
Oh, you are SO deceived and such a loyal disciple of the dark cult of Walter Martin.
I am a disciple of Christ, whom dances in hope, love, and truth. Someday I pray that you will no longer live in fear, for God is mighty.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse about *embracing* other beliefs, not abut getting your facts straight.

It appears that you are attempting to redefine the verse, making it say the opposite of what it really says.

And it now says the opposite, why? Because you say it means the opposite?

I just encourage the reader to read and understand the verse itself and not go by anyone else's interpretation/explanation/exposition of it.