Some good information for Dave

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"shennanigans".

If I really cared about you, I would tackle you so that you didn't walk over the edge of the cliff...

But it appears that the Bible teaches me not to love those who preach a different gospel, in that it tells me to simply let them be accursed.

If you were not a promoter of spiritual poison, I would probably want to get to know what you believe a lot better so that I could correct it with biblical truth; but as it is, I know that the deceiver is sly and that he has things within the construct of your belief system that could do me spiritual harm: and the shepherd advocates me that I should avoid a conversation of that nature for that reason. Because you could pull me down off the chair rather than me pulling you up onto it.
If you’re the real deal this will be fulfilled
Mark 16:18 KJV
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A respectable person in the body of Christ, now gone on to be with the Lord....
A lier and a thief who made his fortune bearing false witness to Christians in the name of God.

@justbyfaith , I'm sorry, but you are not missionary of Christ or the Bible. I pray that you one day grow closer to Him, and no longer live in the fear of truth as you do.

D

Dave L

People all have denominational buckets over their heads. And they bang against each other and argue each their own brand of blindness. It isn't until we study independently of the group that we even have a chance of arriving at the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lier and a thief who made his fortune bearing false witness to Christians in the name of God.

@justbyfaith , I'm sorry, but you are not missionary of Christ or the Bible. I pray that you one day grow closer to Him, and no longer live in the fear of truth as you do.
What you said doesn't bother me, considering the source.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you’re the real deal this will be fulfilled
Mark 16:18 KJV
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Tecarta Bible

Rom 16:17, Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Gal 1:8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I believe that these scriptures, together, are saying, that we should not attempt to save those who promote cultic doctrines. The principle in Haggai applies:

Hag 2:11, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying,
Hag 2:12, If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
Hag 2:13, Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.
Hag 2:14, Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What makes you think you follow the Christ of the bible?

I guess that moment when He took me up in the Spirit, and I was found kneeling at the cross with Him lying there, crown of thorns on His head, most beautiful smile on His face, and He says, David, I did this for you.

And that was only one time. But why would you care. so many missing out through unbelief.

D

Dave L

I guess that moment when He took me up in the Spirit, and I was found kneeling at the cross with Him lying there, crown of thorns on His head, most beautiful smile on His face, and He says, David, I did this for you.

And that was only one time. But why would you care. so many missing out through unbelief.
Sounds sentimental and poetic, but too frail to base your faith on.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By all means head straight into Mormon doctrine, and see where it gets you...

You can't say I didn't warn you, on your day of judgment.
WHat has those in Christ to do with religion or too much study that makes mens heads explode.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds sentimental and poetic, but too frail to base your faith on.
Oh so you have no faith in Christ just your endless study, there was a rerason why Jesus said,

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Pure unbelief.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thankful that when I came across Mormonism, I said in my heart, that I would become an expert on the Bible before ever looking into Mormon books of doctrine.

It kept me out of the cult entirely.

D

Dave L

Oh so you have no faith in Christ just your endless study, there was a rerason why Jesus said,

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Pure unbelief.
Scripture defines salvation for us. If we do not align with that, we are only fooling ourselves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture defines salvation for us. If we do not align with that, we are only fooling ourselves.
Christ defined salvation, He is salvation. You can study all your life, wont add a dot to your salvation, just like the law keepers and the religious.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

D

Dave L

Christ defined salvation, He is salvation. You can study all your life, wont add a dot to your salvation, just like the law keepers and the religious.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Why the insults?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read my Bible to get to know Jesus better: it is His love letter to me.

1Co 8:1, Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 8:2, And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3, But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 16:17, Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Gal 1:8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I believe that these scriptures, together, are saying, that we should not attempt to save those who promote cultic doctrines. The principle in Haggai applies:

Hag 2:11, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying,
Hag 2:12, If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
Hag 2:13, Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.
Hag 2:14, Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
Yea but Jesus touches leppers and heals the sick.