Some questions about the Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zhiqiangL

Mar 4, 2016
These words were repeated several times in the Revelation "He who has ears, let him give ear to what the Spirit says to the churches." Is these words just refer the Revelation or there will be Spirit says in the end time?

Another problem is "And I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the high seat, a book with writing inside it and on the back, shut with seven stamps of wax."(Revelation 5:1), the book is the Bible or will be some new books in the future?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my belief that since the Bible writings ended with the Apostles, that the Revelation was meant to prophecy of things that would come to pass in the future. It is of my beliefs that the first seven churches would roll about in ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - The Apostle Peter began the first church
Smyrna - Gentile - The Apostle Paul began the gentile church
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

Now that is a generalization. For more specifics the Lord says...

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
zhiqiangL said:
These words were repeated several times in the Revelation "He who has ears, let him give ear to what the Spirit says to the churches." Is these words just refer the Revelation or there will be Spirit says in the end time?

Another problem is "And I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the high seat, a book with writing inside it and on the back, shut with seven stamps of wax."(Revelation 5:1), the book is the Bible or will be some new books in the future?
It is an introduction, the beginning of what John [under the prompting of the Spirit of God] is about to speak to the churches....It refers to what John has had revealed to him regarding these end time events.

I don't think that book with the seven seals is the bible because if you look at what happens after each seal is broken by Jesus, various horses appear ready to go forth and fulfill specific tasks upon the earth. :huh:

zhiqiangL

Mar 4, 2016
rockytopva said:
It is my belief that since the Bible writings ended with the Apostles, that the Revelation was meant to prophecy of things that would come to pass in the future. It is of my beliefs that the first seven churches would roll about in ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - The Apostle Peter began the first church
Smyrna - Gentile - The Apostle Paul began the gentile church
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

Now that is a generalization. For more specifics the Lord says...

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7
So you mean these church are represent Lord's says? In my belief, Lord's says and Apostles' books are totally different,and also the church is not Lord's says.

zhiqiangL

Mar 4, 2016
Angelina said:
It is an introduction, the beginning of what John [under the prompting of the Spirit of God] is about to speak to the churches....It refers to what John has had revealed to him regarding these end time events.

I don't think that book with the seven seals is the bible because if you look at what happens after each seal is broken by Jesus, various horses appear ready to go forth and fulfill specific tasks upon the earth. :huh:
Yes, I agree with you :rolleyes:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I graphically designed an image of the first four chapters of Revelations as I would see it...

sevenages_zps36af611f.png

1. The seven stars are the Christians in each church age
2. The seven candlesticks are the seven churches
3. The seven seals seal each of the church age.
4. The book is the Lambs book of Life

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5

If this is not the Lambs Book of Life why all the ado?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the Lambs Book of Life...

I saw also, that the Interpreter took Christian again by the hand, and led him into a pleasant place, where was built a stately palace, beautiful to behold; at the sight of which Christian was greatly delighted. He saw also upon the top thereof certain persons walking, who were clothed all in gold.

Then said Christian may we go in thither?

Then the Interpreter took him, and led him up towards the door of the palace; and behold, at the door stood a great company of men, as desirous to go in, but durst not. There also sat a man at a little distance from the door, at a table-side, with a book and his inkhorn before him, to take the names of them that should enter therein; he saw also that in the doorway stood many men in armor to keep it, being resolved to do to the men that would enter, what hurt and mischief they could. Now was Christian somewhat in amaze. At last, when every man started back for fear of the armed men, Christian saw a man of a very stout countenance come up to the man that sat there to write, saying, “Set down my name, sir;” the which when he had done, he saw the man draw his sword, and put a helmet on his head, and rush towards the door upon the armed men, who laid upon him with deadly force; but the man, not at all discouraged, fell to cutting and hacking most fiercely. So after he had received and given many wounds to those that attempted to keep him out, Matt. 11:12; Acts 14:22; he cut his way through them all, and pressed forward into the palace; at which there was a pleasant voice heard from those that were within, even of those that walked upon the top of the palace, saying,

“Come in, come in... Eternal glory thou shalt win.”

So he went in, and was clothed with such garments as they. Then Christian smiled, and said, I think verily I know the meaning of this. - The Pilgrims Progress

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
rockytopva said:
I graphically designed an image of the first four chapters of Revelations as I would see it...

sevenages_zps36af611f.png

1. The seven stars are the Christians in each church age
2. The seven candlesticks are the seven churches
3. The seven seals seal each of the church age.
4. The book is the Lambs book of Life

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5

If this is not the Lambs Book of Life why all the ado?

As we read the letters, which are addressed to us through the Apostle Paul; and, on turning to the Book of Revelation, in chapters two and three we are at once conscious of a striking change. We find letters suddenly removed from the ground of “Grace” to the ground of “Works”. 

The Book of Revelation contains a record (by vision and prophecy) of the events, which shall happen in the Day of Yahweh, after the Body of Christ shall have been removed from the earth. The whole Book of Revelation is concerned with the Israelite, the Gentile, and the Earth, but not with the body of Christ. 

There will be a people for Yahweh on the earth during those eventful years, who are believing in Christ as the Messiah, who know nothing of him as the Savior. Will not these need special instruction? The Pauline letters will of course be of use as an historical record of what will then be past, just as we have the record of Israel’s history in the Old Testament now. 

Yahweh indeed, has provided for their instruction, and warning, and encouragement, in the second and third chapters of the Book of Revelation. Right at the beginning, they are the first subjects of Divine remembrance, provision, and care. 

Their needs must be first provided for, before anything else is recorded of the things which John saw; and there they will find what is specially written for their learning. We may so read them now, ourselves, and apply them, so far as we can do so consistently with the teaching for this dispensation of grace, contained in the Pauline letters. 

Applying these thus, we leave the full and final interpretation for those to whom it will specially belong hereafter. If these “churches” are future assemblies of Israelite believers on the earth, after the Body of Christ has been caught up to meet Jesus, then all is clear, consistent, and easy to be understood. 

The real difficulty is created by attempting to read the Body of Christ into the Book of Revelation, where it has no place. As to the “seven lamp-stands,” ought not this expression at once to send our thoughts back to the one golden lamp-stand of the Tabernacle, one lamp-stand with seven lamps, indicative of Israel’s unity in the Land and in the City. 

Here, the scattered condition of the nation is just as distinctly indicated by the fact that the seven lamps are no longer united in one lamp-stand. The nation is no longer in the Land, for Jerusalem is not now the center; but the people are “scattered” in separate communities in various cities in Gentile lands. 

So that just as the one lamp-stand represents Israel in its unity, the seven lamp-stands represent Israel in its dispersion; and tells us that Yahweh is about to make Jerusalem again the center of his dealings with the earth. We find nothing in our Pauline letters that fits into what is said to these assemblies.