some questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are correct. you didnt necessarily put a bunch of verses on here but you have done it or gone off topic in the past.
people actually misinterpret scripture a lot. i posted none as i cant find anything that supports or goes against my problem.

and i dont get why im being called sexist in my own thread.
why would i talk about men when im not one? to me that is the opposite of sexist.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
about the protection thing that is not necessarily in the bible either. and the word protection can mean physical shelter and not living outside in a cave or under trees only....
a lot of males arent stepping up and actually being protective themselves so why not resent it? if its a load of hypocrisy then it can rub the wrong way.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honesty this pastor dude you're describing just sounds like a weirdo who's probably best to just move past.
fortunately i am not likely to see him again at least for now .
but i cant help but wonder...if he seemed that weird toward me what evil do i not see in myself?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler If you pay close attention to the posts made by @lilygrace, you will understand that the situation she is sharing about is not ideal.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with family supporting family in a healthy environment. But in a situation that is not ideal, a grown woman (or man) making a decision to be independent is not unbiblical.

My own life is an example. I stayed with my mother and helped financially support the household until I married at age 20. But knowing the abuse I lived with growing up, I made the decision to create distance from my family (parents, relatives, etc) for the sake of my children. I still forgave, loved, and prayed for them. But I didn't have to live with them or near them in order to love them. Now that my mother is older, I am back in contact with her. I no longer have small children in the home. And I take care of my mother ...despite that she is married to my stepdad who is abusive to her in many ways. I make sure she has adequate nutrition, and talk with her at least once or twice a week (usually 2 to 4 hours at a time). So I send her healthy food, nutritional supplements, etc ...to help her have things she needs. BUT ....she still poses a threat to me and my family (due to her connections with certain people). I do not live near her. And I still maintain boundaries. Not every situation is the same, and not every situation is ideal.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fortunately i am not likely to see him again at least for now .
but i cant help but wonder...if he seemed that weird toward me what evil do i not see in myself?
Thankfully, sis, you belong to the Lord Jesus and He will reveal anything you need to know. One thing I love is praying the scriptures. Obviously, David had this same struggle .... as we all do.

Pray and ask God to reveal His truth to your heart, and show you what you need to know (notice verse 6).

Psalm 51:1-6 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.) Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. ² Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. ³ For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. ⁴ Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. ⁵ Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. ⁶ Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

As you read these verses, let them become the cry of tour own heart ...then trust He will honor His Word and complete the work He began in you.❤

Psalm 51:7-19 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁷ Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. ⁸ Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. ⁹ Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. ¹⁰ Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. ¹¹ Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. ¹² Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. ¹³ Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. ¹⁴ Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. ¹⁵ O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. ¹⁶ For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. ¹⁷ The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. ¹⁸ Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. ¹⁹ Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

I'd say that David knew a lot about the inner struggle. He was a man after God's own heart because when he saw his sin, his heart sorrowed and repented and cried out to God.

Reactions: lilygrace

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or is that restriction just on men?
You're inserting something that has nothing to do with this thread. Don't twist this around to a sexist thread. This isn't about a man or men living at home with his parents or how HE should treat his parents. Reread the OP, and all @lilygrace's subsequent posts and reply to what she's asking. She isn't a man ...she isn't asking about adult children supporting their parents. She isn't talking about men or what their responsibilities are toward their aging parents. Wow.... this thread isn't about ANY of that. What is your agenda here?? (Don't bother answering that ....it's pretty clear already.)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like there are different conversations going on here. I was talking about the ideal. Is there anything that a women should be discouraged from doing - even if she can and even if she wants to? Or is that restriction just on men?
So you're saying that because Genesis 2:24 states that a man should leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, it implies that he is living under the same roof with his parents. And that if a man is living under the same roof as his parents until marriage, the woman should also. (Correct?)
I can see your line of thinking. But the scripture does not state that they were under the same roof. Tribes stayed together ...and likely, there being a lot of land, a son would have a dwelling on the same land owned by his parents, help work the land and tend animals, etc. I'm sure that back then, women lived under the same roof as her parents until marriage. But this was custom, not a command.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes T.
You have been through something the large majority of people do not understand. It ran deep and still does for you but, you have such awesome faith in God that it throws me! I am so glad you are out of that and still pray for your husband and grandchild.
xo
Thank you, @Nancy. You're always such an encouragement to me. ❤

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, it's the 'protection' part that rubs modern women the wrong way.
You seem to harp on what your interpretation of women is according to a warped view of God and the scriptures. Of course protection is a good thing. I don't see anyone here (women especially) saying they are against having some sort of protection. Problem is, not every parent or husband is godly, and many of those unglodly parents and husbands not only do not protect their children or wives ... but are abusive and unsafe to dwell with. In those cases, they should not dwell in the same house with their abusers.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and i dont get why im being called sexist in my own thread.
why would i talk about men when im not one? to me that is the opposite of sexist.

I've said it several times lily. The questions you have are not specific to women. It's kind of like saying Black Lives Matter. Well, yes, All Lives Matter. You think Genesis 2:24, which explicitly applies to men, is not a question or problem men have?

If you are making the argument that these question do not equally pertain to men, it's unclear how you are reaching that conclusion.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you just leave my thread please? i am clearly not interested in asking about men i guess, i am not even making any arguments at all. and you go off topic and throw red herrings. this also is not the same as black or all lives matter at all either. tthis isnt a class.. if you are offended by that then deal with it. cos its not like i broke rules. i dont want you in my thread .

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said it several times lily. The questions you have are not specific to women. It's kind of like saying Black Lives Matter. Well, yes, All Lives Matter. You think Genesis 2:24, which explicitly applies to men, is not a question or problem men have?

If you are making the argument that these question do not equally pertain to men, it's unclear how you are reaching that conclusion.
why dont you make your own thread? i am not against a man feeling this way if he did.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
is anointing ok to do?
is it possible to cast out spirits from the house?
how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that.
what afflictions does God want us to suffer in? have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently?

Its ok to bless, "in Jesus's name".

Evil Spirit's exit in people, typically.

Try to avoid anyone that always has "a word from the lord, for you"., as this person is usually in need of medication and restraint.

IF you need a word from the Lord, he'll provide it to you, and He can CONFIRM it by another, or by some unusual timing of an event.
God confirms what he requires of you, especially if its a big request.
For example, if God Calls you to be a : whatever, Missionary, Teacher, Pastor, ......He will confirm this call so that you KNOW its Him and not just your mind being caught up in something one day.

The afflictions you will bear, are for the Truth. And the Truth is to resist the world and the flesh and the Devil.
An example?
Go to any Christian Forum and give Jesus all the Credit due Him for Keeping you saved with His Blood, and you'll have many devil controlled heretics come running at you with their twisted verses that deny this, and try to prove that your salvation is only as good as you are...

"Praying for your situation differently"?

Im not sure what you mean?
Do you mean a Pagan doing it? A Christian doing it? What ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anointing ok to do?

I would say YES, and Follow the guidelines God set forth in Exodus 30: 31-38.

Anointing is Setting something Apart "unto" God, "not" for man's pleasure.

ONE oil FOR man TO blend mentioned in EXODUS is: frankincense.

The 3 Gifts Given Jesus (by sunservant Earthly Kings) at His Earthly Birth...were:

Gold- the highest valued thing FIT for a Gift TO a Supreme King.

Myrrh- A Gift Given For the acknowledgement of The Greatest Sacrifice.

Frankinsence- A Gift from the Godly "unto" ones Supreme God.

God Bless,
Taken

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold I've never had a pagan pray for me. I believe some people actually mean well but usually christians pray for me in order for me to just turn my mood around. I wasn't happy enough for them lol.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is anointing ok to do?
is it possible to cast out spirits from the house?
how do you tell if another christian is correct in an issue when someone can say God thinks they should do this or that.
what afflictions does God want us to suffer in? have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently?
Is anointing ok to do?
I don't know what you mean, I'm uninformed on it. I know I
feel anointed ---I have never 'anointed someone'.
I think it's above my pay grade!

is it possible to cast out spirits from the house? Yup

Thank God for the discernment gift of the Holy Spirit ---or a simpler way to put might be ...follow your instincts, gut, heart.
We know what's what ...we don't have a spirit of confusion...so don't open to any.

what afflictions does God want us to suffer in?
What? God doesn't 'want' us to have afflictions ---as demonstrated by Jesus and his profound healing mission...not one person that asked was not healed- far or near.
God adores us and wants us to have a happy abundant life in all ways.
WE create our problems!

have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently
No. They might know something (unconsciously) that, (is in my subconscious mind), I don't know about, causing the issue!!
Trusting God, means trusting God is working in ALL things...even if we don't see it in that moment.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold I've never had a pagan pray for me. I believe some people actually mean well but usually christians pray for me in order for me to just turn my mood around. I wasn't happy enough for them lol.

I watched a "native american" pagan once pray for Hillary Clinton.
Im sure she needs it, but not from him.....

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anointing ok to do?
I don't know what you mean, I'm uninformed on it. I know I feel anointed ---I have never 'anointed someone'.
I think it's above my pay grade!

is it possible to cast out spirits from the house? Yup

Thank God for the discernment gift of the Holy Spirit ---or a simpler way to put might be ...follow your instincts, gut, heart.
We know what's what ...we don't have a spirit of confusion...so don't open to any.

what afflictions does God want us to suffer in?
What? God doesn't 'want' us to have afflictions ---as demonstrated by Jesus and his profound healing mission...not one person that asked was not healed- far or near.
God adores us and wants us to have a happy abundant life in all ways.
WE create our problems!

have you ever felt uncomfortable being prayed for when someone is praying about your situation differently
No. They might know something (unconsciously) that, (is in my subconscious mind), I don't know about, causing the issue!!
Trusting God, means trusting God is working in ALL things...even if we don't see it in that moment.
Do you think all people create their own problems ?
Why would God tell another person about something but the person spoken of cant know it?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think all people create their own problems ?
Why would God tell another person about something but the person spoken of cant know it?
No sis, not all suffering was created by us. Some suffering is persecution.