Some Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AnaheimDucks

May 5, 2008
Alright, so Hi. Im new to this wholle website and the entire Christianity thing. I was born Christian but never really payed any attention to... God or Jesus or any holy thing in that matter. So i just got a few questions for you.. since you obviously know more about this than me. a) If we look for God he will appear right? I mean like he will show himself in our lifes?
cool.gif
( i Know you probably get this alot) Where did God Come from?c) What was God doing before he created us?im sorry if in any way theese questions seem a bit well.. wired....:bible:

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
a) right
cool.gif
God has always been and will always be. c) good question...probably need to ask Him that one

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(AnaheimDucks;48415)
Alright, so Hi. Im new to this wholle website and the entire Christianity thing. I was born Christian but never really payed any attention to... God or Jesus or any holy thing in that matter. So i just got a few questions for you.. since you obviously know more about this than me. a) If we look for God he will appear right? I mean like he will show himself in our lifes?
cool.gif
( i Know you probably get this alot) Where did God Come from?c) What was God doing before he created us?im sorry if in any way theese questions seem a bit well.. wired....:bible:
We must seek God's will for us by careful study of the Word with prayer to God. God will impart The Spirit of Truth to all who seek the true path and come as children having no pride or thought of our own carnal mind. We must come to Him as children. Then His will will be made manifest in our minds. God is a Spirit and He wants us to worship as Spirits.Uhhh.. He's always been? Faith my precious, faith. Then all good things will be revealed to us. This world is pretty weird. I mean right now we are all being watched by invisible soldiers of God? That in itself is pretty strange.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Jackie D;48421)
a) right
cool.gif
God has always been and will always be. c) good question...probably need to ask Him that one
And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? 7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. 8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. 9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. This certainly implies that we must be zealous as God is already comfortably settled with who he has chosen. The word importunity implies that we are required to pray earnestly and beg for our wants. God isn't about to answer any prayers for the Holy Spirit that are made in passing, we must diligently prove our love of His ways, and commandments or we could wind-up following some seducing spirit straight to hell.

AnaheimDucks

May 5, 2008
So when we die then well get a chance to speak with God 1 on 1?Would he answer everything we always wanted to know?

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(AnaheimDucks;48446)
So when we die then well get a chance to speak with God 1 on 1?Would he answer everything we always wanted to know?
Absolutely! Won't it be wonderful.

AnaheimDucks

May 5, 2008
One more thing...Jesus? Is he God or the Son?I was reaading the bible in class and I came a cross a verse somehwhere in "Mathew".I don't remeber it word for word but Jesus was praying to God........so was he like praying to himself or do I got something mixed up?

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(AnaheimDucks;48470)
One more thing...Jesus? Is he God or the Son?I was reaading the bible in class and I came a cross a verse somehwhere in "Mathew".I don't remeber it word for word but Jesus was praying to God........so was he like praying to himself or do I got something mixed up?
Jesus is God and He is the Son. The Holy Spirit is God too. The Father is God too. They are three different sides of the one being. Think of it like an egg. With an egg you have three different parts: the yolk, the white and the shell but even though it is 3 parts you only have one egg. I hope this helps. God bless

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(AnaheimDucks;48470)
A great mystery, but they are one in the same.
John 5:17-18:But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God​
Like you, I too wondered about this sometime after I was saved. If you would have asked me, "Is Jesus God?" I would have said, "Well, which one is the right answer?"
smile.gif
I have come to understand that Jesus was as much God, and He was the son of God.