Somebody Lied

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mjrhealth: despite this disagreement, I have nothing against you and I stand with you on many issues. I have stood with you on other threads. Please don't think I am against you on everything just becausr I disagree on this one point.
It matters not if you agree with me, not the issue, one must only agree with God. Is teh bible the word of God, If it was like His truth of which tehre is only one, there would onl ybe one bible, There is no life in scripture Jesus declares thant, life is in His word that He speaks, that is in your bible, When he speaks and we hear than we get life, reading cannot do that. The bible has its place it is not equal to Jesus nor God. A car maitenance manual that mentions a ford, does not make it a ford manual.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
It matters not if you agree with me, not the issue, one must only agree with God. Is teh bible the word of God, If it was like His truth of which tehre is only one, there would onl ybe one bible, There is no life in scripture Jesus declares thant, life is in His word that He speaks, that is in your bible, When he speaks and we hear than we get life, reading cannot do that. The bible has its place it is not equal to Jesus nor God. A car maitenance manual that mentions a ford, does not make it a ford manual.
Mjrhealth

I am not going to discuss this further with you. I have explained to you the verse where Jesus said "in them you think you have salvation". The key is that the scripture testified of him. It was an endorsement of the scripture. Not that it was intrue, but that it was true.

I gave you a compliment and as I have said, I agree with you on many pertinent points. I have no problem with your conclusions, only with your point of view on the Bible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My grand daughter has blanky and teddy, but now she is growing up she need them less. We Christians are supposed to have Christ to hold onto.

When I travel, i go to google erath see where my destination is, than i set my GPS make sure its heading in teh right direction than I follow it till I get there. Than I turn it of and get out to what I need to do.
Teh probem with the bible is yes, it does testify of Jesus, it tells you "about Him", problem is just like it says,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

When you get offended because someone is going to take your bible from you, that is where your heart is, no one i repeat, no one can take Jesus from you, but you have to go to Him first.

Reactions: Born_Again

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Making the Book into God is a great deception, that keeps one from finding Word, and even puts one at odds with the Book. It turns one into a lawyer, on the losing side, imo.
H. Richard said:
Many will try to tell you they have the Holy Spirit by their display of works. But Jesus told us that is not possible.
7Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
My grand daughter has blanky and teddy, but now she is growing up she need them less. We Christians are supposed to have Christ to hold onto.

When I travel, i go to google erath see where my destination is, than i set my GPS make sure its heading in teh right direction than I follow it till I get there. Than I turn it of and get out to what I need to do.
Teh probem with the bible is yes, it does testify of Jesus, it tells you "about Him", problem is just like it says,

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

When you get offended because someone is going to take your bible from you, that is where your heart is, no one i repeat, no one can take Jesus from you, but you have to go to Him first.
Ok. So you are comparing the Bible to a teddy bear and a blanky. Nice.

I compare it to a personal letter he wrote to me. It tells me who he is and details what he wants me to do. If my wife wrote me a letter I would cherish that letter and count it as her word. It would be a part of her love just as much as if she was with me in flesh and blood.

As strong as her words are in a letter and as much as I hold them dear, Jesus's letter to me is stronger.

And I must say, I am growing tired of your insuations that because I cherish the Bible like I do that I haven't come to Jesus.

Aside from that... I've done all I can to applaud you and support you. Here is this one thing that we disagree on, and I am trying to put it aside.

I told you I wouldn't bother you about this again. I got drawn back in. I apolgize for that.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
Haven't seen you in a while H. Richard... Missed you my friend!

I disagree with Mjrhealth on his stance on many things. He's right about grace through faith, an I also agree with his stance (and yours) about the Holy Spirit... Up to a point.

What I agree with Stranger about (and disagree with Mjr about) is his stance on the importance of the Bible. Mjr claims it is not the word of God. My comprehension of his stance may be incomplete, but based on what I have read I disagree.

Its pretty difficult to understand his point of view when he tells me its not the word of God and we should follow the spirit (whatever he believes that to be) and then turns around and quotes the Bible as though he believes it has authority.

So H. Richard... Do you believe in the Bible's authority as Mjrhealth does? Because as far as I can gather... He doesn't. But he quotes from it as he does.

Second question: what if anything do you disagree with me about concerning this point? My assrtation is that the Bible is truth and it is the word of God. Do you disagree?

I have to add this. I have had my say against Mjrhealth about this. I presented my arguement and vowed to let it rest.

Mjrhealth: despite this disagreement, I have nothing against you and I stand with you on many issues. I have stood with you on other threads. Please don't think I am against you on everything just becausr I disagree on this one point.
I believe that it is the Holy Spirit that teaches the children of God by letting them see the unsearchable riches that are in Christ. Yes, the scriptures are necessary, but as we all know they can be used by Satan too.

I have been away because my old computer bit the dust and I could not find my password. It is hard to get back on the forum by saying you forgot your password. It sends you to a place that will get one for you but at a cost. Glad to see you are still posting and trying to keep mjr and I straight..

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
FHII said:
I gotta side with Stranger. I can answer many of those questions, but I need the Bible to do it. Its the only primary and public source we have. If you don't hold it as the words of God.... I can't discuss it with you.

The bottom line is that far too many people have developed their view of God based on selected scripture.
What about the Spirit? Didn't Christ send His Spirit? Does the Spirit not testify as well? Does the Spirit not lead us into understanding? I'm not saying throw your bible away, but if the Spirit isn't testifying and drawing you into a deeper relationship then, the bible is just someone else's testimony; dogmatic assertions.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shnarkle said:
What about the Spirit? Didn't Christ send His Spirit? Does the Spirit not testify as well? Does the Spirit not lead us into understanding? I'm not saying throw your bible away, but if the Spirit isn't testifying and drawing you into a deeper relationship then, the bible is just someone else's testimony; dogmatic assertions.
I abolutely agree that Christ sent his spirit, that it testifies and leads us into understanding.

Understanding of what? The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. Therefore he's going to lead you into the truth and a deeper understanding of it.

If the Bible isn't the truth about Jesu than i ask you to point me to what is.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning my relationship with God revolved around prayer. I could talk to Him for hours a day. But I had no desire to read His word. One person doing all the talking does not equal relationship. Thankfully God is longsuffering. I thought I knew Him because I spent a lot of time talking to Him but during that time I was pulled and tossed in every direction, swept up in any theology or belief.

I had no compass. No directions. No guidance.

All I had was a ton of emotions and feelings that I didn't know what to do with. I was infatuated with God. It wasn't until I picked up the Bible for myself that I stopped being torn between so many beliefs. Everyone had an interpretation. I had an arsenal of interpretations myself, and stories I knew were in the Bible. All my knowledge had come from a life time of others telling me what scripture says when I had not invested a single minute in reading scripture for myself. Now, I view the Bible as an open invitation to know Christ. The Bible is just a book, until the Spirit becomes involved, then it becomes supernatural. A man(or woman)can spend a lifetime and never fully exhaust a subject within the Word. Which gives us a foreshadowing of the complexity and depth of God. God is absolute. We are the ones that distort the truth.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VictoryinJesus said:
In the beginning my relationship with God revolved around prayer. I could talk to Him for hours a day. But I had no desire to read His word. One person doing all the talking does not equal relationship. Thankfully God is longsuffering. I thought I knew Him because I spent a lot of time talking to Him but during that time I was pulled and tossed in every direction, swept up in any theology or belief.

I had no compass. No directions. No guidance.

All I had was a ton of emotions and feelings that I didn't know what to do with. I was infatuated with God. It wasn't until I picked up the Bible for myself that I stopped being torn between so many beliefs. Everyone had an interpretation. I had an arsenal of interpretations myself, and stories I knew were in the Bible. All my knowledge had come from a life time of others telling me what scripture says when I had not invested a single minute in reading scripture for myself. Now, I view the Bible as an open invitation to know Christ. The Bible is just a book, until the Spirit becomes involved, then it becomes supernatural. A man(or woman)can spend a lifetime and never fully exhaust a subject within the Word. Which gives us a foreshadowing of the complexity and depth of God. God is absolute. We are the ones that distort the truth.
Amen!

I got a feeling that 99% of our problems don't require prayer. They require reading!

God has more important things to say to us than we do to him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
as long as you imagine that you can "read" the Word, you need to keep reading, i guess. Don't skip that "see and not see" part though, because it is for you.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.
17 They say still unto them that despise me, The Lord hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
18 For who hath stood in the counsel of the Lord, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
19 Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
20 The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.
23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.
31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:16-32)

"And Balak said unto Balaam, Did I not earnestly send unto thee to call thee? wherefore camest thou not unto me? am I not able indeed to promote thee to honour? And Balaam said unto Balak, Lo, I am come unto thee: have I now any power at all to say any thing? the word that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speak." (Numbers 22:37-38)

Am I the only one that this terrifies? The gravity of every thought we speak and assign to God? Questioning the motives behind those words? A scary eye-opening thought: Jesus told the Pharisees that not only did they not enter the Kingdom of Heaven but the prevented others from entering. My respect goes out to pastors and the heavy weight of responsibility that goes along with their calling.

Reactions: bbyrd009

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
FHII said:
I abolutely agree that Christ sent his spirit, that it testifies and leads us into understanding.

Understanding of what? The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. Therefore he's going to lead you into the truth and a deeper understanding of it.

If the Bible isn't the truth about Jesu than i ask you to point me to what is.
It's a true testament, but it doesn't live itself. The Spirit lives out the reality of the bible's testimony.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
when we get out of the way, at least. Can't lead a donkey.

FHII said:
I got a feeling that 99% of our problems don't require prayer. They require reading!
amen. People perish for lack of knowledge. But who has the stones to tell someone with a problem that they don't need prayer, in a "church" setting? What drove me nuts is that they would get the prayer, from the "church." My mom's best friend recently died of leukemia, after much prayer and chemotherapy. Went in for a bone marrow transplant, which was deemed a "miracle." I asked her what her arsenic level was, and she stared at me like i was from Mars. Sweetest heart you ever knew, too. Tares are a powerful thing. Way more than any prescription.