Something Diabolical is Afoot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I see.....well, I am sorry to tell you.....if you are planning to continue to talk with me......you are going to be faced will my humanity......I am fallible...if it is too much for you to deal with the fact that I may misinterpret your posts......you better quit now.

Hah! I do love a Christian hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: ahh come here you big lug a big christian heterosexual hug never hurt anyone.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
It's gettin' too mushy in here. Y'all need to
snap.gif

shoaby.gif

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.....well, I am sorry to tell you.....if you are planning to continue to talk with me......you are going to be faced will my humanity......I am fallible...if it is too much for you to deal with the fact that I may misinterpret your posts......you better quit now.

Hah! I do love a Christian hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax.... You misread my post and made a boo boo. It's a silly little error and laugh it off with me.... All's forgiven... It's happened to me a couple of times, too.

But please do consider what I was saying. Hell is not a very fun topic to discuss and anyone who finds pleasure in it, by human standards, is pretty masochistic. But we must face it.... It's still there and as far as I can tell, it's a lot bigger than heaven. We can debate that point but the reason I say that is based on some biblical sayings.

It is much more fun, and thankfully, profitable to speak of God's love, grace and mercy. I for one believe they cover all sins of the flesh, and it's a beautiful thing.

I do, however, have to be frank with you.... I see a lot of posts questioning why God is so mean, questioning the Bible and even saying things like, "I know a lot of athiests that are nicer than some Christians". This disturbs me. To some degree they are all either true or reasonable subjects. God can be mean at times... He certainly can be a lot meaner than the devil, no? There are questions I have about the Bible, too. Yet, I don't go as far as to say there are contradictions in it. I've said this before; there are things I find contradictory by my understanding, but I do not count them as contradictions. I blame myself, not God or God's servants who put the pen to ink.

Also, I have heard charges about athiests being nicer than some Christians.... Well, I'm sure that's true. Take one hundred Christians and one hundred aithiests and a person's opinion is going to find some amongst the athiest crowd he or she prefers more. However, let's face it.... They are still damned unless they come to the knowledge and Truth of Jesus Christ. NOt to mention that a lot of athiests are jerks too!

Here's my sub point.... With all this push we've seen about "love", I find it amazing we have threads questioning the sincerity of Christians, Questioning God being loving, and questioning the Bible (and the questioning of the Bible seems to me to be about some things it says about Hell, and sin).

My main point is that while we don't like to talk about hell, it's still there. It's still part of Christ's Doctrine and we still have to understand it's importance.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Love is the Christian life....it is the victory we have in Christ......the fact that Ducky believes love is 'wimpy' only confirms Christ's promise that the first will be last and the last will be first........
Your really should stop making stuff up about others. I never said any such thing.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Aspen, your response to Matt 5: 29-30 was to say, "Boy, you better get to work...chop, chop!"

These are your Savior's own words.
He felt it was important enough to impart it.

Sorry you felt the need to belittle it. Hopefully you will eventually understand.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is something diabolical going on, but it is replacing the Gospel of truth with the Gospel of love. They can coexist, but only if the truth comes first. Telling the truth and following the truth shows God's love. But showing love absent of truth is just flattery and being blind both spiritually and naturally.

The holy ghost is the spirit of truth ; not the spirit of love. God is love but love is not God. He's never called the God of love but he is called the God of truth.

I quite agree here. The modern Cotton Candy gospel is a wash out. It inspires nothing, does nothing, and leaves no lives changed.

That's the problem with the sacrine sweet empty words that passes for righteousness.

That's the problem with the modern church. No lives are changed.

Except for the mega church pastors......and they live in the lap of luxury.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I quite agree here. The modern Cotton Candy gospel is a wash out. It inspires nothing, does nothing, and leaves no lives changed.

That's the problem with the sacrine sweet empty words that passes for righteousness.

That's the problem with the modern church. No lives are changed.

Except for the mega church pastors......and they live in the lap of luxury.

You just need to let some stuff go RJP and thats the truth. I say that in christs love you seem like you are holding on to some darkness and need to forgive.