Something is very, very wrong.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Wormwood said:
Ok.
Matthew 5:3
Matthew 5:12
Matthew 5:20
Matthew 6:20
1 Cor. 15:48
2 Cor. 5:1
Col 1:5

However, my point is not that you are wrong on your view that we will dwell in an earthly paradise. My point is that Christians believe this as well and have coined that earthly paradise "heaven." Moreover, it is quite possible that we do dwell in heaven when we die, at least until God recreates the earth and the resurrection of the just (the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is an example of this). In any event, my point is that you think Christians have false views on this, when in actuality, you are just misappropriating the terms Christians use. Sure, it would be more appropriate to say, "one day when we live in a new earthly paradise" but its easier just to say "heaven." Even if it is not technically accurate, it does not mean that Christians have false beliefs about such matters. The JWs have a tendency to major in minors and this is a case in point. This is a discussion of terminology only and is certainly not worthy of such labels as "false teaching" and so forth.

Next point?
I am not ready to move on just yet. You said:

"I believe in "heaven" as in a new heavens and new earth where we will live in the presence of God."

Yes God will make a New Earth, and a New Heaven. Humans will not live in a Heaven were God lives. We will Care for the Earth.
And why would a Paradise Earth be called Heaven?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Wormwood, I am not looking for a Bible study, but if you are, I would agree to help you understand Gods word. Tell me, which of these false doctrines do you now follow?

Going to Heaven.
A Hell of Fire.
The cross.
False prophesies.
The Trinity.
1.going to heaven Luke23:43

2.a hell of fire, Luke16:19-31

4.the trinity Matthew28:19

as for the other stuff figure it out for yourself.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
domenic said:
I am not ready to move on just yet. You said:

"I believe in "heaven" as in a new heavens and new earth where we will live in the presence of God."

Yes God will make a New Earth, and a New Heaven. Humans will not live in a Heaven were God lives. We will Care for the Earth.
And why would a Paradise Earth be called Heaven?
No, we will dwell with God on the new earth. It's called "heaven" because the "kingdom of heaven" is fully manifest. You are determined to find something here to object to aren't you. This is why JWs are viewed as a cult, because they love to major in these minor details and you are obviously still heavily influenced by these cult-like arguments.

Why do you groan about me not providing Scripture and when I do, you ignore it and don't even mention it. Are you really wanting to explore this Scripturally or just beat the JW drum?