Sometimes, the answer is no.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we really know what is good for us? Think of the things we pray for. Sometimes its something simple like a promotion at work or to just have a good day in general. Sometimes its a little more complicated like financial freedom. Then there are the heavy hitters such as praying for a relationship or for healing from diseases.

We pray for these things with every ounce of our spirit. But what happens when we feel He didn't answer our prayer? We didn't get the promotion. Money only got tighter. The relationship ended. We only got sicker or our loved one past away. We just want to give up hope....

Well, sometimes the answer is no. But why? Let us take a look at just why He may have said no. Lets break it down.

God has led us into these waters. We know He wouldn't do it just to see us fail. So why is He doing this? He is asking you to trust Him. He has presented you with the trial and it's time to see what you will do with it. Will you not trust Him and drown or will you have faith and walk across the water to Him?Well, we have been praying, putting our faith in Him that He will guide us through this trial. But it seems things aren't going our way in this trial....

We have kept faith, trusted Him, and let Him guide us. So what went wrong? Nothing went wrong. Everything went just as He had planned. But you are still struggling. Why? God wants you to be who He created you to be. Sometimes this entails struggle and hardship. Remember, His plan is perfect. The trial will end. It may take no time at all or it may stretch out for months. At first we may not see how this struggle is going to help but when it is over we can look back and see how the whole thing worked for our victory.

And sometimes, its not always your victory but someone else's victory. The best example I can think of is if there is person who desperately needs an organ donated and though you may have passed despite your best prayer efforts, you may have given life to someone who would not have had the chance to live. And through this, may have come to Christ. You received His kingdom and they were saved. Either way, the Angels are rejoicing. God won..... Twice!

If you recall, Jesus asked God to save Him from the cross. And God said no. But look at that victory. When God says no we have to trust it is for the ultimate victory that still lies ahead.

He is your heavenly father. And like an earthly father, He loves you and only wants you to be prepared to handle sub sequential trials and eventually be prepared to enter His kingdom. Take this passage from Isaiah. When we don't understand why God is doing what He is doing just know it is not for us to know but to have faith that He is good.

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How much more proof do you need. :)

BA

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years, I have realized, praying for Gods will to be done; assistance from God to help me recognize it daily; and the energy / courage / attention to participate fully in His will is all I need

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
Over the years, I have realized, praying for Gods will to be done; assistance from God to help me recognize it daily; and the energy / courage / attention to participate fully in His will is all I need
Amen, Brother! :)

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I just say, whatever you need to do, I'm with you.

I stand by my King as he stands by me. Whatever he asks that I will do. I trust him.

If he were to send me to hell I would do it without hesitation. To die for him after he died for me, an honour.

Reactions: Born_Again

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pom2014 said:
If he were to send me to hell I would do it without hesitation. To die for him after he died for me, an honour.
I would not go to Hell with out hesitation - not even a little bit. If God condemned me to Hell, I would immediately question my own perception about the guy who was condemning me. If I end up accidentally kneeling before Jonathan Edwards God, I will assume I was in the wrong place and ask to leave.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
aspen said:
I would not go to Hell with out hesitation - not even a little bit. If God condemned me to Hell, I would immediately question my own perception about the guy who was condemning me. If I end up accidentally kneeling before Jonathan Edwards God, I will assume I was in the wrong place and ask to leave.
I see that if God needed me to go to hell he'd have a good reason.
If he needed me to die, again he'd have a good reason.

He died for me.
He went to hell as well.
I see no reason why I would not do the same if asked.

He did more for me than any other person ever has. No question I would do as asked. I trust him to know what the outcome will be.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had no choice but to be born into the Hell called life after the Fall; now that I have the choice to respond to a loving God, I will never let go.

Reactions: Born_Again