Son having heart surgery today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please consider offering a prayer to our Almighty Lord God for the surgeons ability and the Lord Gods overseeing, comfort and full recovery.

Thank you kindly,
Praise and Glory to God,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please consider offering a prayer to our Almighty Lord God for the surgeons ability and the Lord Gods overseeing, comfort and full recovery.

Thank you kindly,
Praise and Glory to God,
Taken
Amen to that ! We will pray protective covering over him….and that the surgeons are anointed with the ‘hands of God ‘ as they work on him.
“Before they call I will answer “ x

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano, @amadeus, @Nancy, @Helen thank you all. Surgery a success. Son is in ICU being monitored and plan is for a few (three) days in hospital then release. Surprising for short hospital stay, but had a fairly new technique performed of no breaking of sternum or any bones, rather surgery performed making an incision between the ribs over the heart.

Thanks again. God is Good.
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops...I forgot to send this hours ago!

But, Glory to God Who hears our prayers...so happy for you all, and, I have heard of this surgery. Awesome.
He is not an idle person. Works out, Firefighter, Policeman, served in National guard, works Arson Lead Investigations and side Police work, and in State guard. He wanted and elected the lessor invasive surgery so he could get back to work sooner. I’m so thankful all went well!!

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not an idle person. Works out, Firefighter, Policeman, served in National guard, works Arson Lead Investigations and side Police work, and in State guard. He wanted and elected the lessor invasive surgery so he could get back to work sooner. I’m so thankful all went well!!

Glory to God,
Taken
You have brought him up well. Not many today that are near that kind of work ethic! Commendable, for sure.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano, @amadeus, @Nancy, @Helen thank you all. Surgery a success. Son is in ICU being monitored and plan is for a few (three) days in hospital then release. Surprising for short hospital stay, but had a fairly new technique performed of no breaking of sternum or any bones, rather surgery performed making an incision between the ribs over the heart.

Thanks again. God is Good.
Taken
Yes, God is good. Give God the glory!

• Love
Reactions: Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your son. May he and his surgeons be blessed and your son healed.

• Love

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have brought him up well. Not many today that are near that kind of work ethic! Commendable, for sure.
We were never much of a “TV” family and “kids” secluded off in their own bedrooms, but more so sit an talk for hours about God, Politics, Interests, Desires. And often the kids friends (popular, outcasts, jocks, hoods, punks) would show up and be included. I think the biggest lesson the kids learned is they are all the same on the inside, regardless of what their home life is and their outside appearance projects. The kids outside of their “school clicks”, all got along. I would say we gave them opportunity, and they get the credit for their behavior and strength without fear to talk and participate on an even level to discover their own desires of how to choose to provide for themselves without concern of what others choose and to not step on an other to achieve their own desires.
Our son, early on in his firefighting and army training learned and did well in marksman, medical, and communications technology. He was appointed by his Captain to assist FEMA in Galveston when hurricane Rita hit the coastline. At the close of that assignment, FEMA officers said he should consider applying for their team. A year later they contacted him and he trained with them…then oops, he discovered FEMA only allows their team members to have One usual regular job commitment, and he was committed to Firefighting and Police jobs and the Guard. He ended up recusing himself from FEMA. However the experience with the hurricane and flooding and stranded and drowning of persons sparked his interest in boating knowledge and scuba diving. He bought his own boat, learned about it and it’s behavior on water and became certified in scuba rescue, practices often and has had a few missions for that aspect.
And his personal background…? He quit high school. Said it was a glorified baby-sitting service repeatedly (and boring him silly) telling kids what to think, believe and do to receive “their” rewards.
We are proud of him and give him and Gods guidance and power the credit.
Thank you for the kinds words and prayers, much, much appreciated!

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were never much of a “TV” family and “kids” secluded off in their own bedrooms, but more so sit an talk for hours about God, Politics, Interests, Desires. And often the kids friends (popular, outcasts, jocks, hoods, punks) would show up and be included. I think the biggest lesson the kids learned is they are all the same on the inside, regardless of what their home life is and their outside appearance projects. The kids outside of their “school clicks”, all got along. I would say we gave them opportunity, and they get the credit for their behavior and strength without fear to talk and participate on an even level to discover their own desires of how to choose to provide for themselves without concern of what others choose and to not step on an other to achieve their own desires.
Our son, early on in his firefighting and army training learned and did well in marksman, medical, and communications technology. He was appointed by his Captain to assist FEMA in Galveston when hurricane Rita hit the coastline. At the close of that assignment, FEMA officers said he should consider applying for their team. A year later they contacted him and he trained with them…then oops, he discovered FEMA only allows their team members to have One usual regular job commitment, and he was committed to Firefighting and Police jobs and the Guard. He ended up recusing himself from FEMA. However the experience with the hurricane and flooding and stranded and drowning of persons sparked his interest in boating knowledge and scuba diving. He bought his own boat, learned about it and it’s behavior on water and became certified in scuba rescue, practices often and has had a few missions for that aspect.
And his personal background…? He quit high school. Said it was a glorified baby-sitting service repeatedly (and boring him silly) telling kids what to think, believe and do to receive “their” rewards.
We are proud of him and give him and Gods guidance and power the credit.
Thank you for the kinds words and prayers, much, much appreciated!

Glory to God,
Taken
How wonderful, all those kids you helped and gave good direction. And, your son? no slouch! Something to thank God for, amen!

• Love

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recent update on son.
Last evening he had some frustration with position and pain and that was finally resolved and he got some overnight rest.
He is now out of bed, sitting in a chair and waiting to be moved out of ICU, to a regular room for a few days before discharge. He thinking maybe a week or so rest (do some work from home and then…Back to work! )

Thanks all,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How wonderful, all those kids you helped and gave good direction. And, your son? no slouch! Something to thank God for, amen!
I tell you Nancy, I love kids, and seeing teens of all walks of life talking TO (not At, not About) each other, serious, playing, joking, was great. Out of curiosity, I did a head counts and there were over 100 teens at different times making vollyball teams, playing slip and slide, carving pumpkins, being excited for a costume party and skits and singing, praying, cooking out, laughing and serious talks without reservation and others quietly but interested and listening and taking their turn. Kids would ask can I bring “my friends”…. Yep! Number one rule, NO fighting. Number two rule, a kid doesn’t like another kid, that is WHO they will be pair up with (some guidance and bit of oversight) for a team event or team effort. LOL.

My own kids from very little were taught friendships are about a persons inside NOT his outside appearance.
Long before it became popular for females to paint different colors on their fingernails, my girls were painting their nails different colors. I asked them why, and they said it was about their friends. Punk, sports, ethnic, popular, outcast different friends favorite colors and they didn’t know at that time it was their show of solidarity, but just simply showing all kinds of people are their friends.
Kids are awesome little creatures… :)

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God…? Spot on…Amen and Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you Nancy, I love kids, and seeing teens of all walks of life talking TO (not At, not About) each other, serious, playing, joking, was great. Out of curiosity, I did a head counts and there were over 100 teens at different times making vollyball teams, playing slip and slide, carving pumpkins, being excited for a costume party and skits and singing, praying, cooking out, laughing and serious talks without reservation and others quietly but interested and listening and taking their turn. Kids would ask can I bring “my friends”…. Yep! Number one rule, NO fighting. Number two rule, a kid doesn’t like another kid, that is WHO they will be pair up with (some guidance and bit of oversight) for a team event or team effort. LOL.

My own kids from very little were taught friendships are about a persons inside NOT his outside appearance.
Long before it became popular for females to paint different colors on their fingernails, my girls were painting their nails different colors. I asked them why, and they said it was about their friends. Punk, sports, ethnic, popular, outcast different friends favorite colors and they didn’t know at that time it was their show of solidarity, but just simply showing all kinds of people are their friends.
Kids are awesome little creatures… :)
Never have I seen any of my nieces and nephews or other teens gather like this. It's beautiful.
Unfortunately, when my mom switched us from Catholic to Lutheran, we didn't have an interest in the things of God. The CC, despite having been confirmed and first communion, religious instructions and mass, not a one of us learned a thing. So, as we grew older, we moved closer to God, after my parents died. One by one we came to the Lord and re-dedicated our lives to Him, and all of us except for the youngest got re-baptized as we were adults and could understand and declare Christ as our Lord and Savior.
We have all changed immensely, with the acception of one younger brother...he claims Christ yet, doesn't know the Word and doesn't really talk about The Lord so, he is on our prayer list.

You've given these many kids a chance to see what living like a true Christian really is! Most Christian families I know, just do their Sunday sitting in a pew, playing with their phones, bring in coffee and food into the sanctuary. No interest at all :(

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never have I seen any of my nieces and nephews or other teens gather like this. It's beautiful.
Unfortunately, when my mom switched us from Catholic to Lutheran, we didn't have an interest in the things of God. The CC, despite having been confirmed and first communion, religious instructions and mass, not a one of us learned a thing. So, as we grew older, we moved closer to God, after my parents died. One by one we came to the Lord and re-dedicated our lives to Him, and all of us except for the youngest got re-baptized as we were adults and could understand and declare Christ as our Lord and Savior.
We have all changed immensely, with the acception of one younger brother...he claims Christ yet, doesn't know the Word and doesn't really talk about The Lord so, he is on our prayer list.

You've given these many kids a chance to see what living like a true Christian really is! Most Christian families I know, just do their Sunday sitting in a pew, playing with their phones, bring in coffee and food into the sanctuary. No interest at all :(
It’s an odd thing, that routinely little kids ask why, why, why this or that, and teens seem to stop asking why, and my perspective was to listen to Them and Ask Them why this or that. It seemed perplexing to Them at first, like, I don’t know “why” and nobody cares. It was I hope to think eye opening to them there Are adults who care, who will listen, while yet being a simple and effective rule setter that applies to everyone the same, adults included. We have politically/Federally over 50 VOLUMES of “rules, ie laws” that are so convoluted even the politically elected and appointed sitters are clueless. Our kids from little tykes had 5 rules to accomplish each day. Eat, Sleep, Work, Play, Pray…
They each had their time to tell us their accomplishments of how they fulfilled their rules and why, what difference it made to them. And time for us to give them a kudos. :) We applied the same basics to their friends. Kids making fun of kids that can’t hear, or wearing glasses, flat footed whatever….got to participate in “adventures” of watching a movie with no sound, wearing blind folds to play and eat, setting up a play course (for example) hard for bigger kids to climb through a small box and hard for little kids to jump a long way….then seeing the making fun of change and turn to helping each other.
The religion aspect you mentioned…interesting. We had kids tell us they were “born” Catholic. What did that mean? To them, inanutshell it meant God chose them because they were Catholic. Basic lesson…regardless of affiliation. The Grace of God is He calls many. God chooses Individuals who make the effort to Know Him, again regardless of man-made affiliation memberships.
Everything has gotten so Worldly wacky. And while todays kids are being overloaded with tangible “things” to occupy their time, They are being directed by and large into Spiritual Bankruptcy. Very Sad and Concerning. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just learned there was some very iffy moments when son was on the OR table.
The Surgeon was a referral, not my sons “doctor” perse’. The Surgeon just revealed my sons condition was much worse than he was told, and figured that out when he was on the OR Table. He added, without the surgery, any time the family could have expected him to go into an instant heart failure. Yikes, that was scary (especially considering his type of work) and relieving that it has been resolved.

Praise God and well wishers prayers!!!
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s an odd thing, that routinely little kids ask why, why, why this or that, and teens seem to stop asking why, and my perspective was to listen to Them and Ask Them why this or that. It seemed perplexing to Them at first, like, I don’t know “why” and nobody cares. It was I hope to think eye opening to them there Are adults who care, who will listen, while yet being a simple and effective rule setter that applies to everyone the same, adults included. We have politically/Federally over 50 VOLUMES of “rules, ie laws” that are so convoluted even the politically elected and appointed sitters are clueless. Our kids from little tykes had 5 rules to accomplish each day. Eat, Sleep, Work, Play, Pray…
They each had their time to tell us their accomplishments of how they fulfilled their rules and why, what difference it made to them. And time for us to give them a kudos. :) We applied the same basics to their friends. Kids making fun of kids that can’t hear, or wearing glasses, flat footed whatever….got to participate in “adventures” of watching a movie with no sound, wearing blind folds to play and eat, setting up a play course (for example) hard for bigger kids to climb through a small box and hard for little kids to jump a long way….then seeing the making fun of change and turn to helping each other.
The religion aspect you mentioned…interesting. We had kids tell us they were “born” Catholic. What did that mean? To them, inanutshell it meant God chose them because they were Catholic. Basic lesson…regardless of affiliation. The Grace of God is He calls many. God chooses Individuals who make the effort to Know Him, again regardless of man-made affiliation memberships.
Everything has gotten so Worldly wacky. And while todays kids are being overloaded with tangible “things” to occupy their time, They are being directed by and large into Spiritual Bankruptcy. Very Sad and Concerning. :(
You have some clever activities going on! Yes for sure, the little kids are ALWAYS asking why. lol. Truly funny how closed mouthed they become by their teen years. I've was (as a child) always asking my mom "but who made God"? It was my biggest wonder back then, growing up.

Are or have you been involved in the children's ministry in your church,? If not...they are really missing out!

"Everything has gotten so Worldly wacky. And while todays kids are being overloaded with tangible “things” to occupy their time, They are being directed by and large into Spiritual Bankruptcy. Very Sad and Concerning. :( "

Sad and concerning is an understatement :( I have such concern for just about every one of my nieces and nephews who are mostly living with their boyfriends and girlfriends, one just got pregnant and two other of my nephews are living with girls who already have children, This all concerns me deeply.

“adventures” of watching a movie with no sound, wearing blind folds to play and eat, setting up a play course (for example) hard for bigger kids to climb through a small box and hard for little kids to jump a long way….then seeing the making fun of change and turn to helping each other."

Well heck, an adult would have fun with these activities too, lol!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some clever activities going on! Yes for sure, the little kids are ALWAYS asking why. lol. Truly funny how closed mouthed they become by their teen years. I've was (as a child) always asking my mom "but who made God"? It was my biggest wonder back then, growing up.

Are or have you been involved in the children's ministry in your church,? If not...they are really missing out!

"Everything has gotten so Worldly wacky. And while todays kids are being overloaded with tangible “things” to occupy their time, They are being directed by and large into Spiritual Bankruptcy. Very Sad and Concerning. :( "

Sad and concerning is an understatement :( I have such concern for just about every one of my nieces and nephews who are mostly living with their boyfriends and girlfriends, one just got pregnant and two other of my nephews are living with girls who already have children, This all concerns me deeply.

“adventures” of watching a movie with no sound, wearing blind folds to play and eat, setting up a play course (for example) hard for bigger kids to climb through a small box and hard for little kids to jump a long way….then seeing the making fun of change and turn to helping each other."

Well heck, an adult would have fun with these activities too, lol!
We don’t “attend” a church. Tried different ones, didn’t like. Suffice to say, we “church” at home. Sometimes alone, sometimes with friends and family. Have some preacher friends that sometimes join. No “set time”, “locked doors” or “dress code”… and have the most Blessed Supreme teacher…
Christ the Lord 24-7.

Adult fun with the Obstical courses funny! Getting dressed with a blind fold, then seeing at the end of the day what you were wearing…funny.

Interesting to hear a 3yr old say, “when I grow up I am going to get me a wife like Rachel not Leah…because she was a tricker!!”

And I know what you mean regarding that “ugh feeling” of young adults shacking up, making babies, and seemingly wandering aimlessly. Frustrating, Concerning.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy