Speaking for your spouse and children

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Hello All, I am very curious about something i heard from a prophet. He said that Once someone has been baptized, they have a new right as a Christian to speak Someone else into the Kingdom, Claiming their Spouse or children into heaven.

Now, The only reason i am considering it is because this prophet never said anything that didnt come to pass, and He teaches in a biblical way

Now let me explain

If someone has been baptized, They can now Pray to God that they really want their spouse into heaven, So they pray their spouse into Heaven, Kind of sharing salvation in a way. I want to believe this because I worry for people
So do you think this could be true? Or did i misunderstand what he said??

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Inmate, that alleged "prophet" is contradicting what Jesus taught.

In John 6:44, the Lord Jesus says, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them ..."
In John 6:65, the Lord Jesus says, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them."

Seriously, if a Christian could simply pray an unbeliever into Heaven, then why stop at spouses and offspring?

Keep in mind that a person isn't necessarily a prophet of God just because the person appears to be giving accurate prophecies.

Consider what happens in Acts 16:16-18.

Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.
In a sermon about this incident, Forest Hill Church pastor Clover Beal says the following about the slave girl in the above-quoted passage.

Who was she? What do we know about her? She was nameless in this story. She was what was called a diviner-someone possessed by a spirit that was not of God, but a spirit that could tell people’s fortunes. Her “gift” meant she was owned and used as a commodity. She was a small, profitable business. As a slave, she wasn’t the subject of her own life—she was the object of her owners’ income stream.

As Paul and his friends were on their way to pray each day, the girl followed them through the streets of Philippi and the spirit within the girl would shout: “These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation.” That was true. But isn’t it interesting that she calls Paul and Silas “slaves of God” when she herself was a slave? Who is the real slave here?

Paul, finally was so annoyed by the spirit’s shouting that he turned and spoke to the spirit directly to come out of her. He did not tell the girl to shut up, but the spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ, she was unshackled from the spirit that enslaved her.

Now what happened to the girl after she was set free of her demon we don’t know.

The gift of prophecy that the slave-girl possessed didn't come from God, and yet she was prophesying.

Yes, spiritual gifts can be mimicked .

Now, I am not implying that your alleged "prophet" is demon-possessed, but rather, I'm saying that his abilities aren't necessarily a sign that he is teaching the truth.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi inmate,
No...I have never personally heard of that. Water baptism is about a pledge of a clear conscience toward God..which saves you by the resurrection of his son, Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 3:21, 22. The bible does not indicate anywhere that when someone gets baptized they are then able to claim a family member into the Kingdom. Baptism is a personal declaration [or outward sign] of our commitment toward God and his saving power through the death and resurrection of his son.

The only verse I can find that comes close to what this prophet is talking about is found in;
1 Corinthians 7
12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

If the prophet is basing his premise on this verse then I think that he is reading more into the text than what was intended...JMHO

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Angelina said:
Hi inmate,
No...I have never personally heard of that. Water baptism is about a pledge of a clear conscience toward God..which saves you by the resurrection of his son, Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 3:21, 22. The bible does not indicate anywhere that when someone gets baptized they are then able to claim a family member into the Kingdom. Baptism is a personal declaration [or outward sign] of our commitment toward God and his saving power through the death and resurrection of his son.

The only verse I can find that comes close to what this prophet is talking about is found in;
1 Corinthians 7
12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

If the prophet is basing his premise on this verse then I think that he is reading more into the text than what was intended...JMHO
That verse makes sense, Dont you think that verse is hope for those who has someone who doesnt believe?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul says - as long as there is one parent in the household who is a believer, the spouse and children born to them are sanctified. This is in the context of a family unit living together under one roof. Yes there is hope for the unbelieving husband or wife in this situation but the choice remains their own. They cannot hang on the shirt tail of their spouse or their parents when it comes to salvation and eternal life. Each member must make that decision for themselves. Christ has made that opportunity available to all the world through his redeeming work on the cross. As the most famously known bible quote says... John 3:16.

Bless you!