Special for an old minister of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness John …I can only imagine …poor Daniel , I’m sure he’s in pain…thinking of waiting a whole week , is probably daunting , if not down right scary . Nights are the worse, so dark and so lonely .

if I was him I’d be praying that God pulled the plug , and say - “number 7 , your time is up, come in, “

I believe there is a time when “The owner of our house “, says ..”I’ve fixed lots of parts of your house over the years , you now need a new house , it’s no longer worth fixing it up…… The roof is going, the basement sinking , the windows are dull, now, …it’s time to move …”
Sister, 9 years ago when his wife died we did not believe he would last long as he was so dependent on her. He is still here. More than once we have actually prayed that God might make an end to it... but who are we to even think of asking that? This is most certainly our pastor's trial, but it is ours as well.

He forgets himself and calls me and when I am unable to answer his questions he has snapped at me almost angry. That is unlike him, but I believe there is pain, both physical and other, within him. We, all of us, really need prayer! Only God can make it all OK!

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel is home but not as well physically as he might be. He really dislikes that catheter. We immediately called for an appointment with a doctor for him. I won't say here what I think about his primary care doctor. [Bite my tongue!]

In any case the computer systems of our one hospital which includes most of the local doctors was hacked and shut down. Finally we got referral to a local urologist. I went down there to set up an appointment for him only to be told by the one nurse on duty that none of the doctors were there because there were no computers. She could not set up an appointment. That made no sense to me, but what about man's system makes sense?

My wife spent hours calling urologists in various other cities in Oklahoma. Finally she got him a appointment for June 25th, a day to remember (my 49th wedding anniversary) in a city 70 miles away.

My pastor keeps calling me with questions about what they are going to do and I keep telling him I do not know. I tell him that we know a God who knows and my pastor coming back to himself agrees and we pray...

Please pray that we get answers and results on this soon. He has other symptoms arising, but still no answers from anyone and we have been unable to talk with anyone who really knew... The last medical doctor who had a clue was in an Indiana hospital. No high praises for Oklahoma at the moment!

If worse comes to worse, I can take him to the Emergency Room, but that would be a stop gap at the best. Hopefully he can last until the 25th... I know that God can heal him, but I do not expect that. Is that my negative faith?

Help us dear Lord!

Prayer for miraculous healing for this man of God/comfort/answers.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An update here. My pastor is weak and continues trying to be patient, but after a lifetime of ministering to people all over the nation and the world being forced to sit at home and wait is hard for him. He has a special test scheduled with a urologist on July 15 to obtain more details on what his surgery scheduled for July 28th will involve. We know they must crush or remove the stones in his bladder. The catheter must stay in until the stones are gone and perhaps indefinitely. This whole thing continues to be very difficult for my wife and me as well. We are standing in for the natural children he never had and at our age at times we are not up to it. Unfortunately there is no one else available in the neighborhood. Continue to keep us all in prayer.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An update here. My pastor is weak and continues trying to be patient, but after a lifetime of ministering to people all over the nation and the world being forced to sit at home and wait is hard for him. He has a special test scheduled with a urologist on July 15 to obtain more details on what his surgery scheduled for July 28th will involve. We know they must crush or remove the stones in his bladder. The catheter must stay in until the stones are gone and perhaps indefinitely. This whole thing continues to be very difficult for my wife and me as well. We are standing in for the natural children he never had and at our age at times we are not up to it. Unfortunately there is no one else available in the neighborhood. Continue to keep us all in prayer.

Continued prayers, amadeus. I pray for divine healing, and strength/comfort for all of you

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you sister! When it rains it pours. There several other things also troubling us. I won't detail them here, but do continue to keep my wife and I in prayer as well.

it is for sure a testing time for many of us…
I remember the verse where God says -“All that can be shaken will be shaken..”
I guess like with Jacob , He tries to shake us off to see how tightly we cling.

Tell Daniel that his identity is not found in what he ‘does’ for- God , but as with Job , the test is as Satan said to God -
“Does Job serve God for for naught ?”
The question is - Can we rejoice in the nothingness…when we aren’t on a ‘high’ from ‘our’ own preaching,

I see that as his big test at the moment ….He will probably find it hard to just stay in Gods presence.

God tells us - “ I am thy inheritance and exceeding great reward ..”

And John , we for sure are praying for you and Kathy for strength and healing in all areas of need.

xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is for sure a testing time for many of us…
I remember the verse where God says -“All that can be shaken will be shaken..”
I guess like with Jacob , He tries to shake us off to see how tightly we cling.

Tell Daniel that his identity is not found in what he ‘does’ for- God , but as with Job , the test is as Satan said to God -
“Does Job serve God for for naught ?”
The question is - Can we rejoice in the nothingness…when we aren’t on a ‘high’ from ‘our’ own preaching,

I see that as his big test at the moment ….He will probably find it hard to just stay in Gods presence.

God tells us - “ I am thy inheritance and exceeding great reward ..”

And John , we for sure are praying for you and Kathy for strength and healing in all areas of need.

xx
He forgets at times and lashes out with his mouth but I simply remind him of where he is and what he is doing with God. Quickly he agrees and he softens in all ways. He knows very well when he misses God even slightly, but he refuses to stay in those places. He is teaching me all of the time even without opening his Bible.

It will soon be time this morning to go visit him. We will talk a bit and read the Bible and discuss it and pray. Good for him and good for me. He has other visitors coming from out of town later today, so I need to get in and out before they arrive and allow them to blend with him a while. I know them. They are good people, the only other family that left the assembly when others put him out as pastor. They also now like me and my wife are what people might call unchurched. We have no home assembly any more, but God is still among us. We are still His sheep!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received a phone call from Indiana just a while ago. My old pastor, a widower for almost 9 years is hospitalized in the vicinity of Franklin, Indiana where he was to attend some fellowship meetings. From there he was supposed to travel to Kentucky and Alabama in his ministry. All of that is cancelled. He will be coming home as soon as he can released from the hospital and travel arrangements can be made.

Next month will be his 96th birthday. He and his wife of 66 years never had any children so now he has outlived all of his natural family. The church he was visiting is helping him and will let me know what they can when they know. They have had to put in a permanent catheter for him to urinate. Whether or not he can travel home alone is an up in the air question.

Pray for him now please dear people of God. Let God handle this situation as only He can.
Praying !

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is your friend today amadeus?
He simply moves on sister one step at the time and one day at the time. I used to worry every time I went out to see him about what I might find. I was always thinking he is going to sitting there in his chair passed on from this world.

He lives alone in a small mobile home behind the church building about 5 miles out of town with no close neighbors. Other than me most of the time no one is around except Sunday mornings and Wednesday night when they have services. I always call him on the phone before heading out there for a visit but frequently he will set his cell phone down and forget where it is so he doesn't answer. That has happened often enough that it doesn't surprise me when he fails to answer.

But he has always been sitting there is his recliner reading his Bible or talking to some minister on the phone somewhere. One Kansas family calls him every day to check on him. When they don't get an answer on the phone they will eventually call me.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is the day for Daniel's surgery. It was rescheduled once, but today at 1:30PM USA Central Time they will finally be crushing the stones. The doctor could provide no time estimate for the operation because it is dependent of the number and size of the stones. Another surgery will probably be necessary to open him up more for easier elimination of urine once the catheter is removed.

Please be praying for Daniel today that God accomplish His will for the situation. Daniel wants to return to his ministry as it was before. Is that possible? For God nothing is possible, but we do want His will in this.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today is the day for Daniel's surgery. It was rescheduled once, but today at 1:30PM USA Central Time they will finally be crushing the stones. The doctor could provide no time estimate for the operation because it is dependent of the number and size of the stones. Another surgery will probably be necessary to open him up more for easier elimination of urine once the catheter is removed.

Please be praying for Daniel today that God accomplish His will for the situation. Daniel wants to return to his ministry as it was before. Is that possible? For God nothing is possible, but we do want His will in this.

so sorry about what your friend is going through.

I hope Daniel can just be content to spend time with Jesus if they say that he’s too old and frail to continue traveling to preach . It may be his next big test after this surgery .

praying for h8m and you also. x

Reactions: amadeus and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give God the glory!
Daniel's bladder stones all crushed on Thursday 7-29-21. He was very confused still from the anesthesia when we saw him but he is home and doing well now. We finally have a little help. Starting today a home health nurse will visit him at least once a week to check his catheter and other needs. He has another appointment with his doctor this Friday as a postoperative recheck. Also hopefully they will be scheduling his 2nd surgery to open up his prostrate. If fully successful they will then be able to remove the catheter.

Pray with us on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Give God the glory!
Daniel's bladder stones all crushed on Thursday
8-29-21. He was very confused still from the anaesthesia when we saw him but he is home and doing well now. We finally have a little help. Starting today a home health nurse will visit him at least once a week to check his catheter and other needs. He has another appointment with his doctor this Friday as a postoperative recheck. Also hopefully they will be scheduling his 2nd surgery to open up his prostrate. If fully successful they will then be able to remove the catheter.

It is a miracle! His bladder stones where crushed in the future, and this miracle was actually realised a month earlier on the 7-29-21.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your pastor Amadeus. Things are sounding better for him. What a terrible ordeal to have to go thru. I hope and pray he will heal and be at peace with his health.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Give God the glory!
Daniel's bladder stones all crushed on Thursday 8-29-21. He was very confused still from the anesthesia when we saw him but he is home and doing well now. We finally have a little help. Starting today a home health nurse will visit him at least once a week to check his catheter and other needs. He has another appointment with his doctor this Friday as a postoperative recheck. Also hopefully they will be scheduling his 2nd surgery to open up his prostrate. If fully successful they will then be able to remove the catheter.

We are so glad to hear that everything went so well for old Daniel. And pray that Friday will be a good report for the future of the catheter and prostatectomy x

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a miracle! His bladder stones where crushed in the future, and this miracle was actually realised a month earlier on the 7-29-21.

:rolleyes:
Indeed! All healing does come from God, be it last month or later this month!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are so glad to hear that everything went so well for old Daniel. And pray that Friday will be a good report for the future of the catheter and prostatectomy x
Thank you sister! Hope and pray you and Dave and your family are doing well!

Reactions: Helen