Special for an old minister of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey John…I am wondering if there are any update on Daniel and also how you and Kathy are coping with the situation.

love, blessings and prayers. …H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey John…I am wondering if there are any update on Daniel and also how you and Kathy are coping with the situation.

love, blessings and prayers. …H
Thanks Helen!
We've been better, but we are coping. His memory, or I should say the lack thereof is worse for us than his physical problems. He forgets things the doctor told him and that we told him several times and then gets angry because we are in the know about something concerning him and he is not.

Next Wednesday 08-25-2021 his prostrate surgery is scheduled. He has to be there at 7:30AM and it is a bit more than a one hour drive one way so we have to be up early. I am up anyway early, but it will hard for Kathy. Unfortunately, without her I have trouble understanding all of the medical explanations.

If the laser surgery does what it is supposed to do the medication he is on now may allow the catheter to be removed. The doctor has been careful to express the possibility that he may have to have a catheter for the rest of his life. Daniel did not accept that as a possibility when he was understanding what was happening.

By now he has likely forgotten that the stones have already been crushed and that this surgery is related but different. He has an enlarged prostrate restricting the passage of urine. The surgery will relieve that pressure, but even after the surgery the bladder muscle may not be able to work well enough for him urinate without a catheter. Or... at least that is my understanding. Kathy understands the details better...

Please continue praying for him and for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and dev553344

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks Helen!
We've been better, but we are coping. His memory, or I should say the lack thereof is worse for us than his physical problems. He forgets things the doctor told him and that we told him several times and then gets angry because we are in the know about something concerning him and he is not.

Next Wednesday 08-28-2021 his prostrate surgery is scheduled. He has to be there at 7:30AM and it is a bit more than a one hour drive one way so we have to be up early. I am up anyway early, but it will hard for Kathy. Unfortunately, without her I have trouble understanding all of the medical explanations.

If the laser surgery does what it is supposed to do the medication he is on now may allow the catheter to be removed. The doctor has been careful to express the possibility that he may have to have a catheter for the rest of his life. Daniel did not accept that as a possibility when he was understanding what was happening.

By now he has likely forgotten that the stones have already been crushed and that this surgery is related but different. He has an enlarged prostrate restricting the passage of urine. The surgery will relieve that pressure, but even after the surgery the bladder muscle may not be able to work well enough for him urinate without a catheter. Or... at least that is my understanding. Kathy understands the details better...

Please continue praying for him and for us.

Yes we will continue praying , poor old man…it’s so horrible when the anointed people of God end up after all the years losing it, and their dignity along with it.. We know so many …
It’s one of those things which to us is a mystery …something to ask Father about when face to face.

We believe that He will reach down and rescue us, but He doesn’t …over and over… so many lovely deadicated old saints …
“The trial of our faith “ …trusting Him when we don’t understand or even see any virtue or victory in it!

Blessings. X

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel's surgery yesterday went well. Doctor say all that can be done has been done to allow him to urinate without a catheter. Until Monday the catheter remains to allow healing from the procedure. Whether or he will need a catheter after Monday remains to be seen. Please keep Daniel in prayer for God's will to be done in all of this.

Reactions: Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My dad had a catheter for some months before surgery to sort out an enlarged prostate, he was able to have the catheter removed. He has been prone to more urine infections but that’s all. Sure hope that’s the case with Daniel x

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dad had a catheter for some months before surgery to sort out an enlarged prostate, he was able to have the catheter removed. He has been prone to more urine infections but that’s all. Sure hope that’s the case with Daniel x
It remains to be seen. I am really more concerned with the affect on his mental and emotional health than for his physical health if the catheter has to stay in longer. He really hates the thing and with his increasingly worse short memory problems the best of explanations to him either do not stick or confuses him greatly.

I don't want see him in an institution for his final years, but the possibility is certainly there. My wife and I cannot live with him nor can he live with us. With no blood family we do what we can, which is limited, but must leave the rest in God's hands.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We took Daniel to see the Urologist today and the catheter was removed. For the first time since leaving Indiana he has no catheter. It is according to Daniel a time to rejoice, just being free of the device. There are other problem, but he is trusting God and we are also trusting God for him.

Please continue to keep him in prayer!