special problem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

faithfulyoungman

Jan 4, 2012
HI.So i dont know how to start so i just do it.

I just posted a much longer thread but everything got deleated.:/ So heres the short version.

This is the case.I have always dreamed about singing and making it in the music business.People often give me compliments for being very good looking, smart and a nice person.When i say very good looking its cind of creepy how people stare and some people say that i am really hot ,why dont you have a girlfriend blablabla.And again.

Im absolutely not bragging or anything.Im just trying to tell the whole story.Being surrounded by an abusive father and other similiar people have made me very insecure, which lead me to being more or less bullied/singled out my entire child hood and teenlife.My family was very poor growing up so we couldnt really afford things other kids have like computers, many toys and so on.Which made me very lonely from other kids.I just watched tv.

Ive been more or less bullied my entire life from time to time.And the thing is. When i look at people on american idol, x factor i see theyall have friends at some part of the contest on tv.I have no friends whatsoever and im afraid that people will judge me bacause of that and i wont make it anywhere in the business..I have part of my family that i love and its fine for me but i know how people are.So im 20 and if i dont take this oppurtunity now i may never make it.

What do you think i should do?Whats your thoughts.

(english is not my mother tongue)

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

I just posted a much longer thread but everything got deleated.:/ So heres the short version.

This is the case.I have always dreamed about singing and making it in the music business.People often give me compliments for being very good looking, smart and a nice person.When i say very good looking its cind of creepy how people stare and some people say that i am really hot ,why dont you have a girlfriend blablabla.And again.

Im absolutely not bragging or anything.Im just trying to tell the whole story.Being surrounded by an abusive father and other similiar people have made me very insecure, which lead me to being more or less bullied/singled out my entire child hood and teenlife.My family was very poor growing up so we couldnt really afford things other kids have like computers, many toys and so on.Which made me very lonely from other kids.I just watched tv.

Ive been more or less bullied my entire life from time to time.And the thing is. When i look at people on american idol, x factor i see theyall have friends at some part of the contest on tv.I have no friends whatsoever and im afraid that people will judge me bacause of that and i wont make it anywhere in the business..I have part of my family that i love and its fine for me but i know how people are.So im 20 and if i dont take this oppurtunity now i may never make it.

Since God gave you your gift, He is the one who will instruct you on how, when, and where to start using it. Let Him be the producer and the stress will fall off of you. God can also heal the inner wounds that others have inflicted upon you....God bless you and may your voice be lifted up as He opens doors for you !!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011

I like what Hollyrock said and will add to not worry about what other people think of you. I don't have many close friends either and I use to think less of myself because of it. I've always had a skewed view of myself though. It wasn't until I started pursuing my relationship with God that I realized who I was in Him, and what God instills in you, no one can take away. Knowing that, I am much more confident in who I am no matter who I am around or what I am doing. It's hard to put into words, but in short, God completes you.

I was a loner type for as long as I can remember, until God came into the picture and changed my mind and heart. God may have called you to be separate for a reason. I had to permanently sever ties with a couple close friends and had another friendship that was on the rocks, so to speak. Hard as each was to let go of, I knew God was calling me away from them for a reason and I didn't learn what the reason was until much later.

With the music thing, I would suggest first asking yourself who you're doing it for..yourself or God? Just keep God in the loop and He will lead you down the right path (or re-route you, like he did me).

One thing I've learned though faith (and recently read), is that if an opportunity in your life is meant to be, God will cause your gift to make room for you (Prov. 18:16 ). I don't believe that to be a fleeting promise, so if you miss one opportunity, I believe God has another plan in store.

God Bless, faithfulyoungman :)

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember that God loves you. He never stops loving you no matter what Nor caring for you. . No you are not bragging at all. As hopefully you will get into a situation and find people that will love and care for you. And find believers who will take you under your wing. And God will take you of course, under His wing as He always does.

Know the feeling as an Amerasian, I also felt out of place. And still do at 37. But remember, there are good people in this world. Don't overlook that my friend. Read Matthew 6:33 and John 3:17! Among the verses that will give you insight into God's love through Jesus. Praying for you and your situation.