• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill chime in also, and so will Bro Marks, im sure.

Notice the context of the verse, Christophany.

"in THE faith"

"THE"....

This means the correct one.......not a wrong one..
Make sure you are not trying to STAY SAVED.........as then your faith is broken., and is no longer "THE" Faith.

Notice that JUDE says....>"contend for the REAL FAITH".

(Read Jude, its a great epistle ).

Jude's "REAL" faith............ that is Paul's "THE". Faith.

See it?
Both are explaining that a believer can "fall from GRACE" into "the flesh".....= LEGALISM.

And that is the wrong faith........as its not "THE" faith... anymore they are trusting.

How do you spot those who have left "THE " faith?

= They will teach that you have to WORK to stay saved, or that God only saved you because you agree to do works and be good and so forth.

This is "self saving"....Theology, that is CROSS DENYING heresy.

Its the same broken faith that teaches that "you can lose your salvation" as that again is teaching that Jesus somehow FAILED and now you have to save yourself by doing this, and keeping that, and making sure you dont....... etc.
Do you interpret Jesus words the same as Paul's ?

Matthew 7:19
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes to make it even more fruitful

John 15:5-8
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you interpret Jesus words the same as Paul's ?

Matthew 7:19
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes to make it even more fruitful

John 15:5-8
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Its a parable.

Notice that Born again Christians, are "heirs of God", "One with God"..."in Christ".... and the "temple of the Holy Spirit".

"Branches" is symbolic.

Jesus said.....>"if you believe in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (Perish)"""

Jesus said, "i will NEVER LEAVE YOU or FORSAKE YOU"...

So, the "Branches" that are burned are not born again, as when you are born again, then JESUS IS IN YOU>.....>"Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory", (GLORY is Heaven)

Just grab one understanding......Reader.

The Born again, are JOINED TO GOD and CHRIST, in Spiritual Union.
God and Christ are ETERNAL, and so is being BORN AGAIN.
It is ETERNAL LIFE we have if we are born again, and Eternal Life, is not temporary.

God and Christ now LIVE in the Born again believer.
So, if the Born again Believer, went to Hell , then so would God and Christ.

= That is impossible.

So, your Salvation is started by God, through the Cross, and finished by God Himself.

"God who started Salvation in all the born again, will HIMSELF be faithful to complete it".

Its is TRUE that if you are born again, you are pre-destined to be conformed into the Image of Christ" and God isn't confused about that
= eternal reality.
It will happen to you, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its a parable.

Notice that Born again Christians, are "heirs of God", "One with God"..."in Christ".... and the "temple of the Holy Spirit".

"Branches" is symbolic.

Jesus said.....>"if you believe in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (Perish)"""

Jesus said, "i will NEVER LEAVE YOU or FORSAKE YOU"...

So, the "Branches" that are burned are not born again, as when you are born again, then JESUS IS IN YOU>.....>"Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory", (GLORY is Heaven)

Just grab one understanding......Reader.

The Born again, are JOINED TO GOD and CHRIST, in Spiritual Union.
God and Christ are ETERNAL, and so is being BORN AGAIN.
It is ETERNAL LIFE we have if we are born again, and Eternal Life, is not temporary.

God and Christ now LIVE in the Born again believer.
So, if the Born again Believer, went to Hell , then so would God and Christ.

= That is impossible.

So, your Salvation is started by God, through the Cross, and finished by God Himself.

"God who started Salvation in all the born again, will HIMSELF be faithful to complete it".

Its is TRUE that if you are born again, you are pre-destined to be conformed into the Image of Christ" and God isn't confused about that
= eternal reality.
It will happen to you, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.
This is an EXCELLENT post...delivered to my heart and certainly understood in the Spirit...Amen!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any thoughts why Paul wrote this and other similar passages ?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
Because people are really good at lying to themselves.

You may tell yourself you are a Christian, many do who are not really. These passages tell you how you can know for sure.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:1-6 KJV
1) I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2) Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6) If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Three type of branches, 2 that are in Christ, and 1 that is not.

The branch in Jesus that bears no fruit the Father carries away.
The branch in Jesus that bears fruit the Father cleanses to bear more.
The branch not in Jesus is burned.

I think many people read this as though Jesus were saying that there is a branch that is in Him, and then ceases to be in Him, but it doesn't say that, and if it did, that would conflict with other passages.

In fact what He said here was that the anyone who doesn't abide in Him is cast out as a branch.

I do not abide in the Whitehouse, for instance. That doesn't mean I once did, I never have.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice