• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Reader..

Paul teaches that ,,,, "as many as be Perfect"... is real Christianity.

And Paul teaches this......"the fullness of the Stature of Christ".

See those 2,? Both of them are explaining the final stage of right faith that is "walking in the Spirit", that is what each born again person is to become, not just figure out...... and that is not related to sin or lifestyle. But its a place of attaining THE "Knowledge of God" so that you do this... = "Work out your Salvation". so that you understand how to exist in it, as its designed.

Now Paul teaches that "all things are LAWFUL for me"....
So, how can "ALL things" be lawful?
Its based on being "Under Grace" which removes the Law's ability to define you as a sinner.

So, for the Born again.....sin is not the issue any more.
The issue is that the born again must learn who they have become, as a "new Creation in Christ".
When we learn this, then we have worked out our Salvation, and our renewed mind is become :The Knowledge of God.

The Knowledge of God, is not about believing that God exists, or to have some dictionary related understanding about God.
That's wikipedia.
No.. The Knowledge of God is God's Knowledge, its His perspective, and God has only one perspective of the Born Again.
They are "made Righteous", and are become a "new Creation". "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.

Consider that the Devil and his followers, the Angels, had sin, and they were cast out.
The born again, all exit...as ..."seated in heavenly places"...."In Christ".
We are there right now, and we could not be there if we had sin.
We dont have it.... because "Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for sin"...because "God hath made JESUS to be sin for us".
And Because He has become our sin, and died, then that solves it. " 'The old man of sin is crucified with Christ"..

So, when a person is looking at their carnal deeds through the Law, then they SEE SIN, because the LAW defines it so.
That's the mind of most believers.......That is how you're seeing it, and yourself......you are seeing through the LAW., and that is not how GOD sees you or any of the born again..
But when a person has The Knowledge of God, as their renewed mind.... they then see their deeds as "in Christ", "made righteous" and "have become the righteousness of God in Christ".
See that? That is the Knowledge of God as the "Renewed mind"., and that mind is how we attain "as many as be perfect".
When we exist in that mind, with no shadow of turning, then we have "worked our our salvation".

The born again are "not under the law = but under GRACE"..... so The RULE BOOK of Moses is Gone, and the Grace of God is the New Law.
"Christ is the end of the LAW, for everyone who believes".
= All the Born again.

You have to learn to see yourself in that Spiritual Light, as that is the only real faith and correct understanding that Exists in the KOG, "in Christ" where are the born again have entered.

This is why 1 John 3:9, is for the born again.......and not 1 John 1:9

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Christianity is a New Spiritual Life.

Most believers, are trying to live as their faith and walk of faith..= what is totally unrelated to how to actually exist as a '"new creation in Christ".

Most believers have some sort of Theatrical idea of Jesus, and they more or less try to impersonate Him as their idea of "how to be holy" and "how to behave".
So, if that is you, then you are confessing sin, trying to be good, striving against your "dirty" thought life (at times) and generally are not much different then you were a few years ago, except now you feel guilty a lot, which you never felt before you were saved and enjoyed sinning.

So, what is the issue? Where is the breakdown?
The issue is that Christianity is a New Spiritual Life and you are tying to "do it" with the old you.
And That will produce frustration, and Paul described his moments like that as : "" that which i want to do, i can't, and that which i hate, i do".

How did he get out of that LAW trap?
He got the revelation that "Christ is the end of the Law for Righteousness to everyone who Believes" and "Christ has redeemed the born again from the curse of the Law".
He simply stopped trying to struggle to be like Christ by "flesh" (willpower and striving to be good)..because God gave Him the revelation that when you try to do it by self effort and will power, then you become this..

= Jesus said..>"apart from me, you can do nothing".
And that comment has to be seen as this...>"the fruit of you trying to be like Me, is that all you can do is NOTHING".

See that?
Many believers are doing nothing for 50 ys, other than going to church, and confessing sin and feeling condemned and wondering ........="is this even real"....

How to escape?

1.) You have to understand that you are "made righteous" all the time, exactly the same way you were "yet a sinner" and God saved you when you were first saved.

2.)You have to understand that you are "made righteous" all the time, exactly the same way you were "yet a sinner" and God saved you when you were first saved.

See, God's Salvation took you as a life long sinner, and made you as Clean as CHRIST instantly.
= Born again.... "Made Righteous"..
And the Spiritual KEY you have to BELIEVE... is that this has never changed if you are born again, and it never will.

See, the devil wants you to think this.....>"yeah i know that God forgave all my sin, but what about that carnal deed i did yesterday, and all the others since i was saved"....
And God says.... Through The Cross of Christ.... I forgave your entire lifetime of sin when you came to me, so, do you not realize that my Son's Blood continues to do for you tomorrow what it did for you yesterday....'

"where sin abounds, Grace MORE Abounds".

This means, ""My Son's Blood cleanses the entire world's sin, and so, it has no issue at all dealing with yours FOREVER.""

"Jesus is the ONE TIME...... ETERNAL SACRIFICE......for Sin". "God hath made Jesus to be SIN for us".
God had to make you "righteous", to accept you, and Jesus gave His life for you so that God could do that for you.
Its done.
You are "Made Righteous", and tomorrow and forever you are the same, if you are born again.

And when you learn to BELIEVE THIS as your REAL FAITH. "renewed mind"...., then your very first day of "working out your Salvation" just took a very huge step and the rest is easy to believe once you understand that you are always "made righteous" by the Same Blood and Death of Jesus....always and forever.

Get that "renewed mind" and you will be so amazed at what happens next inside you, and continually, as Christ the Living water washes you by the word" = comes into inner authority within you.... and God's Grace empowers your REAL FAITH as ..."Christ always Gives me the Victory"...

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus said.

"apart from me, you can do nothing".

He didn't say, "apart from me you are going to hell".

See, if you are born again, you are always "in Christ" by Birth in the Spirit, but your understanding of Christianity can be completely wrong, and in that case, you "can do nothing" as you are "apart from Christ" by not having the "renewed mind".....yet.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is a New Spiritual Life.

Jesus said.

"apart from me, you can do nothing".

He didn't say, "apart from me you are going to hell".

“…you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish, and without charge in His sight, if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the world to come, and who have fallen away; it is impossible, I say, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify the Son of God afresh to themselves and put Him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GOT....answer.

Does Hebrews 6:4-6 mean we can lose our salvation?​

podcast Hebrews 6:4-6 lose salvation
audio

ANSWER

Hebrews 6:4–6 states, “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.” This is one of the Bible’s most difficult passages to interpret, but one thing is clear—it does not teach that we can lose our salvation. There are two valid ways of looking at these verses:

One interpretation holds that this passage is written not about Christians but about unbelievers who are convinced of the basic truths of the gospel but who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. They are intellectually persuaded but spiritually uncommitted.

According to this interpretation, the phrase once enlightened (Hebrews 6:4) refers to some level of instruction in biblical truth. However, understanding the words of Scripture is not the same as being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. For example, John 1:9describes Jesus, the “true Light,” giving light “to every man”; but this cannot mean the light of salvation, because not every man is saved. Through God’s sovereign power, every man has enough light to be held responsible. This light either leads to the complete acceptance of Jesus Christ or produces condemnation in those who reject such light. The people described in Hebrews 6:4–6 are of the latter group—unbelievers who have been exposed to God’s redemptive truth and perhaps have made a profession of faith, but who have not exercised genuine saving faith.

This interpretation also sees the phrase tasted the heavenly gift (Hebrews 6:4) as referring to a momentary experience, akin to Jesus’ “tasting” death (Hebrews 2:9). This brief experience with the heavenly gift is not seen as equivalent to salvation; rather, it is likened to the second and third soils in Jesus’ parable (Matthew 13:3–23), which describes people who receive the truth of the gospel but are not truly saved.

Finally, this interpretation sees the “falling away” (Hebrews 6:6) as a reference to those who have tasted the truth but, not having come all the way to faith, fall away from even the revelation they have been given. The tasting of truth is not enough to keep them from falling away from it. They must come all the way to Christ in complete repentance and faith; otherwise, they in effect re-crucify Christ and treat Him contemptuously. Those who sin against Christ in such a way have no hope of restoration or forgiveness because they reject Him with full knowledge and conscious experience. They have concluded that Jesus should have been crucified, and they stand with His enemies. It is impossible to renew such to repentance.

The other interpretation holds that this passage is written about Christians, and that the phrases partakers of the Holy Ghost, enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift are all descriptions of true believers.

This second interpretation is based on an alternate translation, found in the KJV and a few others, in which Hebrews 6:6 begins with the phrase if they fall away, with the key word being if. According to this view, the writer of Hebrews is setting up a hypothetical statement: “IF a Christian were to fall away.” The point being made is that it would be impossible (IF a Christian falls away) to renew salvation. That’s because Christ died once for sin (Hebrews 9:28), and if His sacrifice is insufficient, then there’s no hope at all.

In this view, the passage presents an argument based on a false premise (that a true Christian can fall away) and follows it to its senseless conclusion (that Jesus would have to be sacrificed again and again). The absurdity of the conclusion points up the impossibility of the original assumption. This reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity. The weakness of this view is that the Greek text does not contain a word equivalent to the English if.

Both of these interpretations support the security of the believer in Christ. The first interpretation, which has a stronger textual basis, presents unbelievers rejecting Christ and thereby losing their chance of salvation; the second, weaker interpretation presents the very idea of believers losing salvation as impossible. Many passages make it abundantly clear that salvation is everlasting (John 10:27–29; Romans 8:35, 38–39; Philippians 1:6; 1 Peter 1:4–5), and Hebrews 6:4–6 confirms that doctrine.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

audio

Oh highminded one:

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either! Behold then the kindness, and the severity of God; on those having fallen, severity; but on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off…” (Romans 11:20-23)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When a person has The Knowledge of God, as their renewed mind.... they then see their deeds as "in Christ", "made righteous" and "have become the righteousness of God in Christ".
See that? That is the Knowledge of God as the "Renewed mind"., and that mind is how we attain "as many as be perfect".
When we exist in that mind, with no shadow of turning, then we have "worked our our salvation".

The born again are "not under the law = but under GRACE"..... so The RULE BOOK of Moses is Gone, and the Grace of God is the New Law.
"Christ is the end of the LAW, for everyone who believes".
= All the Born again.

You have to learn to see yourself in that Spiritual Light, as that is the only real faith and correct understanding that Exists in the KOG, "in Christ" where are the born again have entered.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again are "not under the law = but under GRACE"..... so The RULE BOOK of Moses is Gone

?????

“Do we then make the Law void through faith? Let it not be! But we establish the Law.” (Romans 3:31)

?????

“…whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” (Romans 15:4)

?????

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Amen!!....as a born again, I know I am in the Spiritual Kingdom of God...God’s Spirit is Alive and Active he is everywhere..he brought our spirit Alive in Christ, when he birthed us in the Spirit..

I don’t think some understand that...they are to busy trying to understand the word in their own intellect, you can’t do that, you must be birthed in the Spirit, it’s the Spirit of God who leads us through the bible, not ourselves.....that’s my take on it anyway.

Edit to add..we are in the world but we are not of the world....we belong to God through the Spirit, who gave us birth into his precious Son Lord Jesus...we are in the Heavenly Realm.

We have that living relationship with God Through the Holy Spirit....it starts as soon as we become born again by the Holy Spirit..

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh highminded one:

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either! Behold then the kindness, and the severity of God; on those having fallen, severity; but on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off…” (Romans 11:20-23)
Ephesians 2:6
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

New Living Translation
For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.

A true born again....will Never lose their faith, for they have received the Living word of God, which is the supernatural birth, that only God can do....you cannot birth yourself in the Holy Spirit.....The Holy Spirit is Alive in our spirit/ heart....he can’t ever leave his true children.....we have been regenerated....my belief always..in Jesus Name....Amen!.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen!!....as a born again, I know I am in the Spiritual Kingdom of God...God’s Spirit is Alive and Active he is everywhere..he brought our spirit Alive in Christ, when he birthed us in the Spirit..

I don’t think some understand that...they are to busy trying to understand the word in their own intellect, you can’t do that, you must be birthed in the Spirit, it’s the Spirit of God who leads us through the bible, not ourselves.....that’s my take on it anyway.

Yes.

We are made alive "in Christ".

These "Others" who are talking about themselves and their doing, have not submitted to the righteousness of God, as they are still trying to work their way into God's Acceptance, according to their every post that always leaves out the CROSS, and endorses Law, Works, Commandments, and self effort.

JUDE , teaches this as the "error of Cain".

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOT....answer.

audio

ANSWER

Hebrews 6:4–6 states, “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.” This is one of the Bible’s most difficult passages to interpret, but one thing is clear—it does not teach that we can lose our salvation. There are two valid ways of looking at these verses:

The other interpretation holds that this passage is written about Christians, and that the phrases partakers of the Holy Ghost, enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift are all descriptions of true believers.

This second interpretation is based on an alternate translation, found in the KJV and a few others, in which Hebrews 6:6 begins with the phrase if they fall away, with the key word being if. According to this view, the writer of Hebrews is setting up a hypothetical statement: “IF a Christian were to fall away.” The point being made is that it would be impossible (IF a Christian falls away) to renew salvation. That’s because Christ died once for sin (Hebrews 9:28), and if His sacrifice is insufficient, then there’s no hope at all.

In this view, the passage presents an argument based on a false premise (that a true Christian can fall away) and follows it to its senseless conclusion (that Jesus would have to be sacrificed again and again). The absurdity of the conclusion points up the impossibility of the original assumption. This reasoning is called reductio ad absurdum, in which a premise is disproved by showing that it logically leads to an absurdity. The weakness of this view is that the Greek text does not contain a word equivalent to the English if.

Both of these interpretations support the security of the believer in Christ. The first interpretation, which has a stronger textual basis, presents unbelievers rejecting Christ and thereby losing their chance of salvation; the second, weaker interpretation presents the very idea of believers losing salvation as impossible. Many passages make it abundantly clear that salvation is everlasting (John 10:27–29; Romans 8:35, 38–39; Philippians 1:6; 1 Peter 1:4–5), and Hebrews 6:4–6 confirms that doctrine.

4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened,

Enlightened: φωτίζω, by a use only Biblical and ecclesiastical, to enlighten spiritually, imbue with saving knowledge: τινα, John 1:9; with a saving knowledge of the gospel: hence, φωτισθέντες of those who have been made Christians, Hebrews 6:4; Hebrews 10:32 (Thayer)

who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age

Tasted: γεύω 2. to taste, i. e. perceive the flavor of, partake of, enjoy: τίνος, Luke 14:24 (γεύσεται μου τοῦ δείπνου, i. e. shall partake of my banquet); hence, as in Greek writings from Homer down, equivalent to to feel, make trial of, experience: τίνος, Hebrews 6:4; ῤῆμα Θεοῦ, Hebrews 6:5, (τῆς γνώσεως, Clement of Rome, 1 Cor. 36, 2 [ET]). as in Chaldean, Syriac, and rabbinical writers, γεύεσθαι τοῦ θανάτου (Winer's Grammar, 33 (32)): Matthew 16:28; Mark 9:1; Luke 9:27; John 8:52; Hebrews 2:9; (Thayer)

BGAD says, in reference to this passage, that it means "to obtain a gift", as in 1 Pet 2:3, "now that you have tasted that the Lord is good". Thus, this cannot be mere emotional or cursory sampling, like the tiny scoops of ice cream given as samples.

Shared in the Holy Spirit: Shared: μέτοχος 1. sharing in, partaking of, with the genitive of the thing (Winer's Grammar, § 30, 8 a.): Hebrews 3:1; Hebrews 6:4; Hebrews 12:8; τοῦ Χριστοῦ, of his mind, and of the salvation procured by him, Hebrews 3:14; cf. Bleek at the passage. (Thayer)

BGAD says of Hebrew usage, sharing or participating in, indicating a real intimate, experiential relationship with the object to which it is predicated. Thus, in Heb 6:4 sharing in the Holy Spirit, means that there is personal interaction between them.

6and who have fallen away,

Fallen away: παραπίπτω, I fall away, fall back (into the unbelieving and godless ways of the old time).(Strong)

parapíptō (from 3844 /pará, "from close-beside" and 4098 /píptō, "to fall") – properly, fall away, after being close-beside; to defect (abandon). (Helps Word Studies)

aorist participle παραπεσων; properly, to fall beside a person or thing; to slip aside; hence, to deviate from the right path, turn aside, wander: τῆς ὁδοῦ, Polybius 3, 54, 5; metaphorically, τῆς ἀληθείας, Polybius 12, 12 (7), 2 ((here Didot edition ἀντέχηται); τοῦ καθηκοντος, 8, 13, 8); equivalent to to err, Polybius 18, 19,6; ἐν τίνι, Xenophon, Hell. 1, 6,4. In the Scriptures, to fall away (from the true faith): from the worship of Jehovah, Ezekiel 14:13; Ezekiel 15:8 (for מָעַל); from Christianity, Hebrews 6:6. (Thayer)

BGAD, fall beside, fall away, go astray, miss, commit apostasy. The last definition being applied to Heb 6:6

One can not fall away from nothig! There must be a certain attainment of experience or status from which to fall. The experiences of 6:4-5, being demonstrably actual and spiritually dynamic, would establish such an exalted position from which one may fall.

to be brought back to repentance.

Be brought back: ἀνακαινίζω. make fresh again, renew, restore. (Strong)

to renew, renovate (cf. German auffrischen): τινα εἰς μετάνοιαν so to renew that he shall repent, Hebrews 6:6. (Isocrates Arcop. 3; Philo, leg. ad Gaium § 11; Josephus, Antiquities 9, 8, 2; Plutarch, Marcell c. 6; Lucian, Philop c. 12; the Sept. Psalm 102:5 (); (), etc.; ecclesiastical writings) Cf. Winer's De verb. comp. Part iii., p. 10. (Thayer) (See also BGAD)

Can you go back to a place you've never been? Can you be renewed to a condition you've never achieved? Can you be restored to a position or status to which you've never ascended?

If one has never repented, one cannot be restored to repentance!

To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Crucifying ...again: ἀνασταυροῦντας (verb, present tense, participle, active voice)
One who had repented in the past, has resumed the actions from which he had previously repented and is presently still active in this behavior. That repentance, by definition, is turning in the opposite direction, it is impossible to be restored to "turning in the opposite direction" if you're still going in the wrong direction.

The present tense indicates the reason for the impossibility of restoration.

7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

The key here, is "in danger of being cursed". It does not express a indicative state, but a potential one that, if unaltered, "will be burned", utterly lost, "in the end."

The natural, straightforward, Occam's Razor interpretation cannot be made to correlate with the strains you are placing on the text!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish, and without charge in His sight, if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the world to come, and who have fallen away; it is impossible, I say, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify the Son of God afresh to themselves and put Him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)
Here is some food for thought. Believers must continue in the faith, finish the race, endure until the end, remain faithful etc…

1-They follow Jesus , John 10:27
2- Keep/obey His teachings, John 8:51
3- Faith is continual - believing the present active participle. John 5:24
4- Remaining faithful to His word/teaching John 8:31

A person can stop following Jesus and become lost, stop obeying Him and not continuing in the faith and enduring until the end and fall away just like Hebrews teaches and other N.T. passages and parables.

Ex 32:32- Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written

Ps 69:28-May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous

See also Rev 3:5 and 22:19- blotting out from the book of life.

Hebrews was written to believers who should be teachers by now as per Hebrews 5:12 who have need again of the basics and of milk. The Hebrew believers need the food of infants in Hebrews 5:13 who cannot stomach the food for the mature in Hebrews 5:14. Chapter 6 follows chapter 5. This book is filled with such warning passages as we read below :

" It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned. "

1-Only believers are enlightened
2-Only believers can taste the heavenly gift
3-Only believers can partake of the Holy Spirit
4-Only believers experience Gods power
5-Only believers can fall away

Hebrews 12
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

God Disciplines His Children

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Warning and Encouragement

14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. 16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. 17 Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done.

The Mountain of Fear and the Mountain of Joy

18 You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; 19 to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, 20 because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” 21 The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.

James agrees

James 2:14-26
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

• Love
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hebrews was written to believers

Some of it was written to believers, and some of it was written to Christ Rejecting unbelieving Hebrews.

This is Hebrews 6 and 10

You can find this also in Acts 28:28, where Paul is again trying to get these hateful Christ Rejecting Hebrews to trust in Jesus as their Messiah, and again, they wont.
So, in Acts 28:28, He tells them that he's finished with them, and will take the Gospel to the GENTILES who will believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen!....without the spiritual birth...we would still be dead in our sins...alienated from God.

We have life in the Spirit, Praise God.

"""""for in CHRIST we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.""""

= "" Born again........a new creation......one with God.""

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is some food for thought. Believers must continue in the faith, finish the race, endure until the end, remain faithful etc…
IF that is an indicator of rebirth, great! But if this is a requirement to retain rebirth, that's working to be saved. Remain saved. Which is the same thing.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF that is an indicator of rebirth, great! But if this is a requirement to retain rebirth, that's working to be saved. Remain saved. Which is the same thing.

Much love!
Any thoughts why Paul wrote this and other similar passages ?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Any thoughts why Paul wrote this and other similar passages ?

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Ill chime in also, and so will Bro Marks, im sure.

Notice the context of the verse, Christophany.

"in THE faith"

"THE"....

This means the correct one.......not a wrong one..
Make sure you are not trying to STAY SAVED.........as then your faith is broken., and is no longer "THE" Faith.

Notice that JUDE says....>"contend for the REAL FAITH".

(Read Jude, its a great epistle ).

Jude's "REAL" faith............ that is Paul's "THE". Faith.

See it?
Both are explaining that a believer can "fall from GRACE" into "the flesh".....= LEGALISM.

And that is the wrong faith........as its not "THE" faith... anymore they are trusting.

How do you spot those who have left "THE " faith?

= They will teach that you have to WORK to stay saved, or that God only saved you because you agree to do works and be good and so forth.

This is "self saving"....Theology, that is CROSS DENYING heresy.

Its the same broken faith that teaches that "you can lose your salvation" as that again is teaching that Jesus somehow FAILED and now you have to save yourself by doing this, and keeping that, and making sure you dont....... etc.