Spiritual Gifts Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always said, "That if God can use a donkey, He can certainly use ME too!" :Thumbsup:Chkl:
Absolutely Graceful.

He made water flow from a rock, held the sun in place for a day, stopped the rain for 3 yrs, extended a man's life 15 yrs; we sadly are the only thing in creation that stand rebellious against him and the moving & gifting of the Spirit !

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12
4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

What gifts do you believe God has given you and what work of the ministry is he/has he led you into.... Do you have any examples to share :)
In my experiences, the Holy Spirit will prompt us (hubby and I) in ways when God sees fit for the situation at the time, it's not just one particular Gift that God has us use either, etc. etc., and everyone's beliefs are different too....To us, it's all about the heart...And are our hearts being a pleasing aroma unto God...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my experiences, the Holy Spirit will prompt us (hubby and I) in ways when God sees fit for the situation at the time, it's not just one particular Gift that God has us use either, etc. etc., and everyone's beliefs are different too....To us, it's all about the heart...And are our hearts being a pleasing aroma unto God...
You have hit the nail on the head....it is all about the heart....
3 excellent scriptures where both mouth and heart are used...
Romans 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁸ But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
⁹ That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
¹⁰ For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The heart of man is the place where everything gets planted and whatever type of seed it is will begin to grow until the fruit is ripe and ready for others to partake of.

The heart is what will be judged on judgment day

Yes that heart....Hallelujah!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your like of an old post made over two years ago.

I believe that Col 3:4 states this, my paraphrase, as an encouragement for us to receive: -

Colossians 3:4:[1] - When Christ shines in (and through) your life, (continually/consistently), then you also will shine with Him in glory.

The question that comes to mind is how we let Christ shine and appear in our lives through the giftings of the Holy Spirit so that His Glory is seen in us.

[1] This is how the NKJV has translated this verse: ––
Colossians: –– 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
NKJV

1670012716543.png

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hubby also shared that we each have all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, it's just up to GOD which ones He wants us to use at that moment, which is all in His perfect timing too...

I'm thinking (uh ooh lol)...If ALL the Gifts of the Holy Spirit comes from the Holy Spirit...And the Holy Spirit indwells IN God's Children...Why would we want to "limit" God and His Holy Spirit of doing the "impossibles" through us?

Let's meditate on this one for a bit...:no reply:

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accept that, but it has not been my experience. I cannot even do the two that I am accustomed to at-will, other than praying or praising in tongues.
I hear ya Sabertooth...I've been there, back and forth a many of times, hard NOT to do! lol

When I got saved in '97, I so needed help with my prayer walk! Eventually through the years praying daily to God..."Lord, help me to know You more and to Love You deeper...In Jesus' Mighty Name...Amen AND AMEN!

How's about "transporting"? :contemplate: Too soon? Chkl:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amen! Indeed it is about the heart and our relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. He uses all gifts as the need arises in every situation that we may face on a daily basis or every person he places on our path....or on our heart to pray for. Lovely to meet you @GracefulWarrior . xox Blessings and Peace!

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Indeed it is about the heart and our relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. He uses all gifts as the need arises in every situation that we may face on a daily basis or every person he places on our path....or on our heart to pray for. Lovely to meet you @GracefulWarrior . xox Blessings and Peace!
Amen AND AMEN Angelina and nice to meet you too! :)

Yes, exactly! Everyone's relationship with God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit differs from one another! Those who believe that we don't need the Spiritual Gifts "anymore" and that it's "gone" now, is sadly misunderstanding their Spiritual walk in Christ Jesus! We have "Spiritual Muscles" that we need to learn how to use and "exercise" them on a daily bases, and from glory to glory, if not, those muscles become weak and dormant...

Reactions: Heart2Soul