Spiritual Gifts Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 Corinthians 12
4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

What gifts do you believe God has given you and what work of the ministry is he/has he led you into.... Do you have any examples to share :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12
4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

What gifts do you believe God has given you and what work of the ministry is he/has he led you into.... Do you have any examples to share :)

I have the gift of being able to discern a good thread when I see one. ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember as a young Christian after I received the baptism, (1968) agonizing over the gifts and tying to discern which I had , if any.
Over the next few years I moved in some of them when the Spirit anointed me.

Years later I heard a word preach saying that every Christian should be open to The Spirit to be used in any of the gifts at any given time.
I witnessed to this.
I don't remember ever moving in the word of wisdom, but I have pretty much moved in all the others whenever The Spirit came upon me to do so.

I don't think that we ourselves always know what gift we have, it is the witness of the body around us that recognizes who really has a gift.
ie. I can 'say' as much as I like that I have this gift or that gift...but if the witness is not in the body around us , it could well be just a lot of hot air.
People claim that they are a pastor...but if the leader has no one following then who is he actually 'leading'! LOL

I see the gifts in the same way.

Just my two cents :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of them:)! Okay seriously when I was seeking the Holy Spirit about one of the gifts in 1984 (I was 24 y.o.)...He told me all of them will manifest at one time or another but you will specifically be used in prophesy and spiritual discernment.
He also expressed that I needed to learn when His anointing was present to manifest that gift....and that it was His power being conducted through me....like how electricity has to have a conduit..

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I remember about 10 years ago, I had a dream that I was riding an elephant wearing a male arab Keffiyeh, singing "By The Rivers of Babylon and crossing a river. A few years later, I went to Thailand on a missions trip with 3 others. It was extremely hot there compared to NZ to say the least. Someone we met during our time their, gave me a red checkered headscarf type thing to wear because my hair is very long. So I took it with me everywhere. Anyway, we made our way up to Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand, where we decided to spend some time with the elephants up there which was awesome. Suddenly my memory came flooding back to me like a bolt of lightning as I was wearing what I now understand to be an arab Keffiyeh, riding an elephant across a river! So I slowly at first....started to sing "By The Rivers of Babylon" True story! :):)

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone believe that all gifts can operate through you at any given time as well as have a specific gift as their main gift?
Yes. They are not a "natural" phenomenon, so they are not subject to natural rules. I have heard a string of various Scriptures before that seemed prophetic in their thrust and have had glimpses of visions. (The latter seemed similar to discerning of spirits, but broader in scope.) I wasn't as certain of how I was supposed to proceed with them as I was with the other two gifts.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone believe that all gifts can operate through you at any given time as well as have a specific gift as their main gift?

I think you know that I do.

When a gift is needed to be operated , but those who operate in the specific gift are not there at the time...the Holy Spirit will move though any willing vessel that is on the spot.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When a gift is needed to be operated , but those who operate in the specific gift are not there at the time...the Holy Spirit will move though any willing vessel that is on the spot.
Yes, I do know....I just wanted confirmation before I reposted what I had said before....I don't want to alienate all my friends...lol....some members don't even talk to me anymore because of my beliefs. :oops::oops:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok...edited and reposted

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I do know....I just wanted confirmation before I reposted what I had said before....I don't want to alienate all my friends...lol....some members don't even talk to me anymore because of my beliefs. :oops::oops:

I don't remember reading a post from you on this subject?
Where?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I honestly don't believe so. I think this is how God keeps us depending on Him and each other, but I could be wrong.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me see...gifts...

Kindness and compassion are two of my top ones...

I believe I have a gift with teaching, children at least, as well as serving. Helps is a big one. Leadership is growing, but Id much rather help the leader rather then being the leader.

And I guess music falls under exhortation.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly, people's desire for gifts of the spirit is their undoing.

People wanted me to have the "gifts of the HS" but I was content to allow the Lord to reveal and give them when they were needed, and to be content if they were just for a specific purpose at that time.

I have known people to travel the world searching out the HS so that they can move in it. What they did was to steal the "spirit" from those places that they visited for their glory and not God's.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I honestly don't believe so. I think this is how God keeps us depending on Him and each other, but I could be wrong.

So, if someone needed a word of wisdom but it was not in a church setting....you don't believe that God could move through you with a word of wisdom for a body member ( or any other gift)

Hmm Why would God withhold what He had the ability to give through you, if you were willing. The same Holy Spirit dwells within us all. HE is the one who does the works, not us.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, people's desire for gifts of the spirit is their undoing.

People wanted me to have the "gifts of the HS" but I was content to allow the Lord to reveal and give them when they were needed, and to be content if they were just for a specific purpose at that time.
"Are all apostles?
Are all prophets?
Are all teachers?
Are all workers of miracles?

Do all have gifts of healings?
Do all speak with tongues?
Do all interpret?

But earnestly desire the greater gifts.
And yet I show you a more excellent way." 1 Corinthians 12:29-31 NKJV
I have known people to travel the world searching out the HS so that they can move in it. What they did was to steal the "spirit" from those places that they visited for their glory and not God's.
I'm not sure what good that is going to do.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Cor 12 .....
So there is no confusion..

These are Gifts of the Spirit ...

8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the *word of wisdom; to another the *word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another *faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of *healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the *working of miracles; to another *prophecy; to another *discerning of spirits; to another *divers kinds of tongues; to another the *interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1) The Holy Spirit is not an "It".
2) The Holy Spirit can not be "stolen" , to say that is nothing but gobbledygook , actually it is bizarre . :rolleyes:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1) The Holy Spirit is not an "It".
2) The Holy Spirit can not be "stolen" , to say that is nothing but gobbledygook , actually it is bizarre . :rolleyes:

There have been some people who desire the HS so badly that they will do anything to move in the spirit, but not necessarily the HS.

I am speaking of the result of people visiting a church where the HS was moving, was that after they had left, the HS was no longer moving in that church as if the visiting people had stolen the HS from that Church.

Why did it happen? That I cannot explain. All that I know is that the HS was no longer moving in that church as if the visitor had stolen the HS from them.