Spiritual Gifts Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't they the daughters of Philip? I think he had 5 daughters who were prophets.
Acts 21:8 "And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him."
Acts 21:9 "And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy."

prophet not only prophesy but also PREACH... :D women been preaching.

PICJAG

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 21:8 "And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him."
Acts 21:9 "And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy."

prophet not only prophesy but also PREACH... :D women been preaching.

PICJAG
Amen...if religious doctrines would only realize how they put their people under bondage with their false teachings they would repent and get back to teaching the Word of God instead of the doctrines of men.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can hear the voice of God and have known about things that have been impossible for me to know otherwise. I could tell you all the story if you want me to. :)
We should always testify of what God has done in us or for us....it brings Him Glory...and it ministers to others!
So testify....sister...testify and bring Glory to our Lord.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should always testify of what God has done in us or for us....it brings Him Glory...and it ministers to others!
So testify....sister...testify and bring Glory to our Lord.

Okay, well I do believe that I can hear the voice of God (usually in my head but sometimes aloud) because I can bring comfort to others. I brought comfort to a woman who was sexually molested as a child and suffered two miscarriages before she even ever told me anything about it as well as a man who had a son that was suffering relationship issues with his girlfriend. When I told them both that God was there for them even when it didn't feel like it and even when nobody else was they both just looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. I learned to stop doubting my abilities and just accept them. After all, I had no other logical explanations. @FluffyYellowDuck is like me and she can do it too I just discovered. I was just warned be careful who I tell because they could wind up using my gift against me.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another thing to keep in mind. God has told me quite a few times that He is willing to talk to all of us,.. but the problem is that not everybody is willing to just shut up and listen to Him. (Not His exact words but same idea.)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, well I do believe that I can hear the voice of God (usually in my head but sometimes aloud) because I can bring comfort to others. I brought comfort to a woman who was sexually molested as a child and suffered two miscarriages before she even ever told me anything about it as well as a man who had a son that was suffering relationship issues with his girlfriend. When I told them both that God was there for them even when it didn't feel like it and even when nobody else was they both just looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. I learned to stop doubting my abilities and just accept them. After all, I had no other logical explanations. @FluffyYellowDuck is like me and she can do it too I just discovered. I was just warned be careful who I tell because they could wind up using my gift against me.
That's a good testimony....Praise God...
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.”
— Proverbs 25:11 (KJV)
“A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!”
— Proverbs 15:23 (KJV)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also just wanted to play this song because it truly is amazing what we can accomplish if we just trust in Him and BELIEVE.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also know that it isn't Christmas but I just love these lyrics. It goes something like, "If you believe, deep in your heart,.. things that may seem impossible suddenly are." :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also just wanted to play this song because it truly is amazing what we can accomplish if we just trust in Him and BELIEVE.

I love that song....I change the words to My God, you're an awesome God, you reign from heaven above with wisdom, power and love...

I sing sing to him instead of about him when I want to Praise and Worship Him.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love that song....I change the words to My God, you're an awesome God, you reign from heaven above with wisdom, power and love...

I sing sing to him instead of about him when I want to Praise and Worship Him.

The thing is that God just isn't God to me anymore,.. He's my best friend. :) He always gives me a laugh when I need it and is always there for me. He is so kind and so gentle and SO totally opposite of what people believe Him to be. He isn't mean, He doesn't even like to discipline us. He hates it!! Absolutely hates it!! He wants everybody in Heaven and He is SO upset when somebody dies and has to go to Hell. It grieves Him so much. That's why I decided to start writing my Rock God series.

People need to hear the truth and stop believing these lies and making God into something that He's not. If He was mean and liked punishing people then He wouldn't have sent Jesus into the world. He is so nice and it upsets me to think of how badly He's been mispresented and people are so scared of Him when He's just so gentle. :( I used to believe that as well and be brainwashed with it,.. but it's nothing but lies and completely WRONG!!!! He loves us so much too. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear His voice as well, April Rose. I write that "The Lord declares it, and so it is" which reflects much using few words. The Lord speaks, declaring what will come to pass, and so I become His witness as I watch everything unfold precisely in the manner He said it would. In this way the Spirit of the Lord declares when He is moving me from one place to the next. Before the journey begins, the Lord reveals everything that will come to pass along the way and when I arrive at where He intends for me to go.

I have also received visions from the Lord in this way. The Lord will call to me, telling me to go to a particular place and when I arrive to where He tells me to go, His Spirit lifts me up and the visions unfold.

I know I'm not the only one. The Lord assures me of this truth. :)

Wanna know a secret? My avatar of my character of DJ was how God used to visit me in my dreams and visions. It's what He looked like minus the cartoon part of it of course lol

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanna know a secret? My avatar of my character of DJ was how God used to visit me in my dreams and visions. It's what He looked like minus the cartoon part of it of course lol

Yes, and this is also the truth: the Lord reveals Himself to each of us in different ways. :)

The first time the Lord revealed Himself to me, I couldn't see because I was blinded by the glory of His presence. That, and I found that I couldn't speak. I couldn't utter a word... of course, I was just about dead so little wonder. I couldn't see, I couldn't speak, and I didn't have the strength to move a muscle. All I could do was weep. The Lord was silent for what seemed like a lifetime...

And then He spoke, saying Rise, and stand upon your feet. So that's what I did. I suddenly found that I had the strength to stand up on my feet. Then He said to me, Speak, and so I found that I could speak again.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it is the Lord can reveal Himself in whatever way He wants to. I just assumed that He showed up in a modernized body and clothes because He just wanted to get with the times. XD

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness,.. I started rewatching the movie The Shack last night and I'm going to finish it today,.. but the character of Papa that Octavia Spencer plays,.. that's exactly how God sounds for real. I don't mean He sounds like a girl, but how His voice is so soft and soothing and the mannerisms are all there. 0__0

Reactions: GracefulWarrior