Spiritual Gifts Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus @Waiting on him
As the bible says that every part edifies and is needful , I hope you can even remember what you wrote.And repost . :)

If I had a $ for every time I wrote a post and lost the thing before posting..grrrr
A second repeat is never as good as the first one.
Sorry this happened . xx
I suspect someone was convicted of what was posted, and I see this as a good thing,

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember as a young Christian after I received the baptism, (1968) agonizing over the gifts and tying to discern which I had , if any.
Over the next few years I moved in some of them when the Spirit anointed me.

Years later I heard a word preach saying that every Christian should be open to The Spirit to be used in any of the gifts at any given time.
I witnessed to this.
I don't remember ever moving in the word of wisdom, but I have pretty much moved in all the others whenever The Spirit came upon me to do so.

I don't think that we ourselves always know what gift we have, it is the witness of the body around us that recognizes who really has a gift.
ie. I can 'say' as much as I like that I have this gift or that gift...but if the witness is not in the body around us , it could well be just a lot of hot air.
People claim that they are a pastor...but if the leader has no one following then who is he actually 'leading'! LOL

I see the gifts in the same way.

Just my two cents :)
Hi. I heard somewhere some time ago that the one-time gift is called, "a gracelet." Maybe this is what you mean? Shalom.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. I heard somewhere some time ago that the one-time gift is called, "a gracelet." Maybe this is what you mean? Shalom.

That is a new one..I'd never heard that term before.

I do believe that any child of God can move in any gift if and when the situations calls for such ....which is different to a specific gift that a person has received and regularly operates in.

( NOT that I have found of church for many a year that has free flowing gifts in its members as in the 60's and 70's. )

This I believe is because the 'one man band' pastors took control and held the reigns tightly, which has left no room for the Holy Spirit .. :(

In my view, most churches today don't even have enough anointing to blow the fuzz off of a dandelion.

JMHO

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do believe that any child of God can move in any gift if and when the situations calls for such ....which is different to a specific gift that a person has received and regularly operates in.

( NOT that I have found of church for many a year that has free flowing gifts in its members as in the 60's and 70's. )

This I believe is because the 'one man band' pastors took control and held the reigns tightly, which has left no room for the Holy Spirit .. :(

In my view, most churches today don't even have enough anointing to blow the fuzz off of a dandelion.

JMHO
Hi Helen, missed you here, and yes, you're correct. and you're on point. one can have many Gifts, and they are not only for the pastor, which is the first one on the List in 1 Corinthians 12:8 but Paul the apostle had at least 3 in office, or what we call "works". he was a Pastor in the Gift, a prophet, and a teacher all in the gift, which all are ordained of God. which leads me to say why are not women "ordain" as pastors, prophets, and teacher in all the churches. granted in some but not in all. for the scriptures clearly states the Lord God ordains "Prophets" in his body the Church, and without a doubt women are prophets. so what gives?

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JMHO

I remember a pastor saying if we really needed too, and had enough faith, we could walk on the water too. That power lives inside of us. I am unsure about that, but I do believe that God can work far greater things in us if we allow Him, then just the ordinary.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember a pastor saying if we really needed too, and had enough faith, we could walk on the water too. That power lives inside of us. I am unsure about that, but I do believe that God can work far greater things in us if we allow Him, then just the ordinary.
The history of rebellious Israel testifies to restricting God's hand because of disbelief.

God has promised and will deliver.....and will do it in his way and timing.....even opening a path through the sea for the people to walk through on dry land (contrary to the movie depictions where they struggle through slush)

We can learn from Abraham's mistake in taking Hagar to wife. Even a barren womb (Sarah) in advanced old age will bear children if God promises it will.
At a word he raises the dead......there is no need for doubt because it appears impossible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not sinking into the mess of man's ways [that poisonous sea that no one is able to drink], are we not then walking stepping out onto the 'water'? Too many people are looking for and expecting miracles visible to the carnal human eye to start happening all around them. Are they really or are they living in the doubtful spirits of the scribes and Pharisees of 2000 years ago? Are we talking with God each day, listening to Him and lifting Him up as we now should be? Consider:

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" John 12:32

Jesus was indeed lifted up... onto the cross! Now it is for you and I and for every believer to lift him up in our own hearts putting Him always first... then the 'walking on water' thing would already be happening... for those with eyes to see.

Give God the glory!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not sinking into the mess of man's ways [that poisonous sea that no one is able to drink], are we not then walking stepping out onto the 'water'? Too many people are looking for and expecting miracles visible to the carnal human eye to start happening all around them. Are they really or are they living in the doubtful spirits of the scribes and Pharisees of 2000 years ago? Are we talking with God each day, listening to Him and lifting Him up as we now should be? Consider:

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" John 12:32

Jesus was indeed lifted up... onto the cross! Now it is for you and I and for every believer to lift him up in our own hearts putting Him always first... then the 'walking on water' thing would already be happening... for those with eyes to see.

Give God the glory!

That is a great way to think about it!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen, missed you here, and yes, you're correct. and you're on point. one can have many Gifts, and they are not only for the pastor, which is the first one on the List in 1 Corinthians 12:8 but Paul the apostle had at least 3 in office, or what we call "works". he was a Pastor in the Gift, a prophet, and a teacher all in the gift, which all are ordained of God. which leads me to say why are not women "ordain" as pastors, prophets, and teacher in all the churches. granted in some but not in all. for the scriptures clearly states the Lord God ordains "Prophets" in his body the Church, and without a doubt women are prophets. so what gives?

PICJAG.
In the OT Deborah was a judge and a prophetess....the kings general consulted her before going to battle.
Prophetesses
General references
Ezekiel 13:17; Joel 2:28-29

Miriam
Exodus 15:20

Deborah
Judges 4:4

Huldah
2 Kings 22:14

Noadiah
Nehemiah 6:14

Isaiah's wife
Isaiah 8:3

Elizabeth
Luke 1:41-45

Anna
Luke 2:36-38

Daughters of Philip
Acts 21:9

Jezebel
Revelation 2:20
Women

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the OT Deborah was a judge and a prophetess....the kings general consulted her before going to battle.
Prophetesses
General references
Ezekiel 13:17; Joel 2:28-29

Miriam
Exodus 15:20

Deborah
Judges 4:4

Huldah
2 Kings 22:14

Noadiah
Nehemiah 6:14

Isaiah's wife
Isaiah 8:3

Elizabeth
Luke 1:41-45

Anna
Luke 2:36-38

Daughters of Philip
Acts 21:9

Jezebel
Revelation 2:20
Women
GINOLJC to all.
Yes, these are some of the women who we definitely know about. and there are many we just don't about. but one in the NT that caught my eye one you posted and one you didn't, Anna, she preached Jesus straightway. then there was Phebe our sister, the first bishop/Pastor of the church at Rome. and was installed there by bishop Paul, the apostle, and his helpers/coadjutor, bishops Priscilla and Aquila.

PICJAG.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
Yes, these are some of the women who we definitely know about. and there are many we just don't about. but one in the NT that caught my eye one you posted and one you didn't, Anna, she preached Jesus straightway. then there was Phebe our sister, the first bishop/Pastor of the church at Rome. and was installed there by bishop Paul, the apostle, and his helpers/coadjutor, bishops Priscilla and Aquila.

PICJAG.
Aren't they the daughters of Philip? I think he had 5 daughters who were prophets.