Spiritual Warfare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The spiritual conflict is as brutal as any battle in time of war." Rimbaud

Before a conflict becomes physical it is first waged (and lost) in the spiritual realm. The duty of the Christian is to wage a relentless war with what causes conflicts in the world. As such we are to be salt and light. Once a conflict becomes physical we are not to join in...as the only solution is a spiritual one.

Do we realize just how pervasive the spiritual realm is in the world? Are we living a life of reacting to our physical environments rather than leading the way and changing them through spiritual warfare?

Spiritual novices are spared the harshness of the battle by the mercy of God. That is reasonable for a time. But we need to get involved in that which overcomes the world according to the Spirit. We need to get ready and be ready. It is our duty as believers to move into the spiritual realm and become a warrior who fights the good fight of faith. For lack of such warriors we see our societies being dragged down in sin and despair. The church is responsible for this slide into darkness. There is a lack of life, truth and vitality in Christian circles. The churches have become anemic...catering only to their own problems...problems that stem from a lack of spiritual power...rather than to enter into He who has overcome the world.

Who will shine the light which is from heaven? Who will forsake their own agenda to do God's will. Who will sacrifice themselves for God?

Enough talk of personal salvation and assurances when the world is going to hell...how selfish are the people that proclaim such things. The Lord is looking for people to stand in the gap...and the very real difficulty of standing up to the spiritual forces that seek to destroy mankind...and do so in the power of His Name.

" We need to get ready and be ready. It is our duty as believers to move into the spiritual realm and become a warrior who fights the good fight of faith."
Yes, just as the physical armies of the earth have to be in a constant state of "readiness", so should the spiritual warriors be always ready. It would be so good to see small groups come together in prayer for this very thing. Imagine if that were to happen all over the world!"

"The church is responsible for this slide into darkness. There is a lack of life, truth and vitality in Christian circles. The churches have become anemic...catering only to their own problems...problems that stem from a lack of spiritual power...rather than to enter into He who has overcome the world."

Today's church is dim indeed :( SO many complacent, dark and dead Christians sitting in church buildings. They are still sucking their thumbs, haven't grown one iota since receiving Christ. Many of them in the same spot for the rest of their "Christian" lives. Hmmm...I might suggest a small group for my church. We have 4 campuses and are working on a fifth in Niagara Falls...could take off! I better shine up my armor! :)

Reactions: Episkopos

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
" We need to get ready and be ready. It is our duty as believers to move into the spiritual realm and become a warrior who fights the good fight of faith."
Yes, just as the physical armies of the earth have to be in a constant state of "readiness", so should the spiritual warriors be always ready. It would be so good to see small groups come together in prayer for this very thing. Imagine if that were to happen all over the world!"

"The church is responsible for this slide into darkness. There is a lack of life, truth and vitality in Christian circles. The churches have become anemic...catering only to their own problems...problems that stem from a lack of spiritual power...rather than to enter into He who has overcome the world."

Today's church is dim indeed :( SO many complacent, dark and dead Christians sitting in church buildings. They are still sucking their thumbs, haven't grown one iota since receiving Christ. Many of them in the same spot for the rest of their "Christian" lives. Hmmm...I might suggest a small group for my church. We have 4 campuses and are working on a fifth in Niagara Falls...could take off! I better shine up my armor! :)

Ephesians 6 comes to mind, about spiritual warfare and the whole armour of God.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are demons in the world. There are Angels in the world. There are born-again in the world. There are lost in the world.

There is a war among these groups in the world. It is spiritual but can spill over into the physical world through humans.

Reactions: Nancy