Spiritual Warfare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even satan/the spiritual entities operating behind the scenes to be at peace with him.

(Proverbs 16:7) since God said it then it will come to pass. I’ve held tight to this verse as a promise but it doesn’t seem my enemies (in actions not the person) are changing. They are not showing any affection towards God or me. Consider those that gnashed their teeth on Jesus. Those that gnashed their teeth on Stephen. Those that gnashed their teeth on Paul. It doesn’t seem as if God made their enemies to be at peace with them. Did their ways not please God?

Romans 3:16-17
[16] Destruction and misery are in their ways: [17] And the way of peace have they not known:

The ones that gnashed their teeth on God’s people knew no peace. It was Jesus (the brightness of His glory, the express image of His person) who knew peace and displayed it before the world. It was Stephen who knew peace and bore the image of Christ. It was Paul who knew peace. Isn’t peace the image(His)we bear before a world that knows no peace?

(Proverbs 16:7) it is us(the heart) God changes. It is us(the heart) God changes first. Not our enemies. Yet maybe GOD will prosper our testimony before them and multiply peace...as Stephen impacted Saul who became Paul. James 3:18
[18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
To a born-again believer, Satan is not an enemy. Christ defeated him at the cross when he thought he had won.
define "born-again believer" if you would, and then i am going to reflect on some evidence of those who consider themselves born-again believers here onsite that would disagree with...us, that confess that satan is their enemy iow

the premise i will seek to illuminate being that you will both have the same definition of "born-again believer," but you are confessing something diff than they are here, see, so who is really "born-again?"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Consider those that gnashed their teeth on Jesus. Those that gnashed their teeth on Stephen. Those that gnashed their teeth on Paul. It doesn’t seem as if God made their enemies to be at peace with them. Did their ways not please God?
hmm.
don't be afraid of those who can only etcetc is my initial response, iow those appear to be their enemies, but really they are not imo
but brb

ya, not sure if who our enemies really are has even come out yet,
a man's enemies will be those of his own house

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm.
don't be afraid of those who can only etcetc is my initial response, iow those appear to be their enemies, but really they are not imo
but brb

Ok. If I’ve understood your post ...Job 41:5-6 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? [6] Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

Job 36:12-13 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge. [13] But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok. If I’ve understood your post ...Job 41:5-6 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? [6] Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

Job 36:12-13 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge. [13] But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.
not sure your point here, "If I’ve understood your post" kind of needs..to be finished, the thought completed, to bring me along there if you would

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not sure your point here, "If I’ve understood your post" kind of needs..to be finished, the thought completed, to bring me along there if you would

He bound the works of Satan in me. first He binds the tares...then He ‘gathers’ the wheat.

Matthew 13:30
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 12:29-30
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. [30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He bound the works of Satan in me. first He binds the tares...then He ‘gathers’ the wheat.
hmm, ok, well i'm not real comfortable with the characterization here, could you maybe Quote these concepts, or address who the workers in the field are maybe, i thought they were gathering the wheat see

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, ok, well i'm not real comfortable with the characterization here, could you maybe Quote these concepts, or address who the workers in the field are maybe, i thought they were gathering the wheat see

I’m sorry and I’m not saying this to be ugly but nevermind. You asked who our enemy is...I was simply replying to say the works of the enemy God destorys is my own works of: hate, murder, lust, greed, anger, resentment, and bitterness.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
define "born-again believer" if you would, and then i am going to reflect on some evidence of those who consider themselves born-again believers here onsite that would disagree with...us, that confess that satan is their enemy iow

the premise i will seek to illuminate being that you will both have the same definition of "born-again believer," but you are confessing something diff than they are here, see, so who is really "born-again?"

A born-again Christian/believer is someone that has been born from above.

John 1:12-13
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from above! John 3:27.

John 3:5
5) Jesus answered, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the spirit is spirit.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well if you drink the water that I will give will not make you thirst again. The water that we drink from is the water of the Gospel. So then Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

If I may borrow the words of Jesus said to Nicodemus, “art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Hence, the above is my definition of a born-again Christian/believer.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

I feel CONSTANTLY attacked spiritually. It takes a great deal of energy sometimes to combat it.
I've been there. I have been 5 feet from the face of my best friends, a couple I loved and who we got on with very well. The husband was holding back his demon possessed wife from attacking me. seriously. He weighed over 100 kg...she barely 60. He was struggling. I had received a phone call from him asking me to urgently come to their home because she was out of control. No need to get into the whys and wherefors. My wife and I arrived, and we went in and sat down. My male friend was talking with us when his wife came in. She took one look at me and attacked. A wrestle ensued and they ended up on the floor. She was speaking an ancient dialect which was barely recognisable by the husband who spoke the language fluently. Her hatred...or the hatred of the evil angel within...was palpable. This was front line stuff. But guess what. I was not in a spiritual state at the time to do diddly squat. I sat there like a stuffed rabbit for about an hour, praying, but having no power. I had been backslidden for several years, my friend, not a Christian, knew I wasn't going to church but didn't understand the ramifications...he was desperately seeking help but I was not in any position to offer it. The crisis slowly passed, but I learned a lesson that night I will never allow to be repeated. And God showed me the remedy not long after.
If you or anyone is experiencing defeat...feeling defenseless...helpless...struggling to cope...harassed...or oppressed...prayerfully read Isaiah 58...the whole chapter....and apply it personally to your life. You will then witness God's protection and benevolence. Satan will still remain your enemy...you will still be required to go on the offensive against him for we will always need to fight against principalities, spiritual powers, wickedness in heavenly places through our intercession and ministry to those oppressed...but I can assure everyone...you obey Isa. 58 and watch the difference this will make.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 12:39

...An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. This same verse is also repeated in Matthew 16:4.

When a verse is repeated twice it means God is driving home a point! WE LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT.

The only ones who will do signs and wonders (miracles) are those in the last days!!!

Matthew 24:23-24
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Sure you have books outlining miracles and raising of the dead, but not according to the truth as outlined with the Scriptures above

Doctors at times will misdiagnose the condition of a patient, and when prayed for and gets healed seemed to look like a miracle. On the other hand, many patients are NOT prayed for and they become healed of their illnesses

The God that I serve is AWESOME whereas, your god deceives you!!

To God Be The Glory

And who he was talking to in Matthew 12:39?

The only ones who will do signs and wonders (miracles) are those in the last days!!! First you say they don't then you say they do.

As you do not know what books I am talking about, it is arrogant of you to say they are not according to the truth.

Your doctor statement is total baloney and an excuse and a cop-out to prove your mistaken theology. It is evident you rationalize everything to support your erroneous doctrine.

And your arrogance is complete when you say my God deceives me. It is the same as saying I am not a Christian because I believe in a false God.

And if God does deceive me, I am sure the young man I prayed for is very happy that he did.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People like @Jun2u make me wonder how they can ever exercise their "faith" in God to believe for anything…..and as for myself....I have seen His healing miracles, experienced His supernatural power to heal and deliver.....and to correct @Jun2u in their ignorance it wasn't the apostles who had the power it was the Holy Spirit operating through them. That same Holy Spirit still exists today. You don't have to be an apostle to heal....you only have to be a born again believer.! Amen!
Acts 19:11-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
Miracles Glorify Christ

11 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.[/QUOTE]

I am glad you mentioned the handkerchief bit. The husband of a lady in the fellowship was ill and not responding to treatment and could we pray for him. The Spirit told me to take a handkerchief and pray over it and place it under his pillow. We did this and he was up and about in no time.

Sorry about that Jun2u.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"The spiritual conflict is as brutal as any battle in time of war." Rimbaud

Before a conflict becomes physical it is first waged (and lost) in the spiritual realm. The duty of the Christian is to wage a relentless war with what causes conflicts in the world. As such we are to be salt and light. Once a conflict becomes physical we are not to join in...as the only solution is a spiritual one.

Do we realize just how pervasive the spiritual realm is in the world? Are we living a life of reacting to our physical environments rather than leading the way and changing them through spiritual warfare?

Spiritual novices are spared the harshness of the battle by the mercy of God. That is reasonable for a time. But we need to get involved in that which overcomes the world according to the Spirit. We need to get ready and be ready. It is our duty as believers to move into the spiritual realm and become a warrior who fights the good fight of faith. For lack of such warriors we see our societies being dragged down in sin and despair. The church is responsible for this slide into darkness. There is a lack of life, truth and vitality in Christian circles. The churches have become anemic...catering only to their own problems...problems that stem from a lack of spiritual power...rather than to enter into He who has overcome the world.

Who will shine the light which is from heaven? Who will forsake their own agenda to do God's will. Who will sacrifice themselves for God?

Enough talk of personal salvation and assurances when the world is going to hell...how selfish are the people that proclaim such things. The Lord is looking for people to stand in the gap...and the very real difficulty of standing up to the spiritual forces that seek to destroy mankind...and do so in the power of His Name.