Spiritual Warfare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes. He seeks to have dominion over us
ah, anything like this dominion over me here, you think?
Are you going to ask me about spiritual things without you having yet experienced these things?

They will appear as foolishness to you.
satan is not our enemy, or even our adversary, but maybe the lack of reading ability is,
i honestly don't know tbh, the v seems crystal clear to me; your enemy

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry to say you are deluding yourself into thinking that you can do the healing the Apostles did. They were the last to do miracle healing, none after! Perhaps Agabus did. And, likewise with finances and so on.

To God Be The Glory

Where have you been all your life? The apostles the last to do miracles? Hardly a day goes by that the Holy Spirit is not active in producing miracles. I have numerous books outlining the miracles that God is doing in various parts of the world right up to raising the dead. Last year I prayed for a young man that was brain dead and who the doctors said would never gain consciousness. Two weeks after I prayed for him he walked out of the hospital.

Feel so sorry for you that you live in such a closed environment and have a God that is pretty useless.[/QUOTE]

People like @Jun2u make me wonder how they can ever exercise their "faith" in God to believe for anything…..and as for myself....I have seen His healing miracles, experienced His supernatural power to heal and deliver.....and to correct @Jun2u in their ignorance it wasn't the apostles who had the power it was the Holy Spirit operating through them. That same Holy Spirit still exists today. You don't have to be an apostle to heal....you only have to be a born again believer.! Amen!
Acts 19:11-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
Miracles Glorify Christ
11 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual warfare, as the name implies, is not against flesh and blood. It is in the realm we are being called to as salvation in this present time.
There are 2 levels of warfare for the would-be saint.

There is the personal battle...and the war to win the world for Christ.

What is little known, or so it seems, is that as we lay down our lives for the bigger battle....the little battles take care of themselves. As we get our eyes off of ourselves this tends to take care of the personal battles...which pop up when we are unoccupied with the things of God. So then focusing on the battles for the Lord causes the personal battles to diminish in a significant way. Of course the enemy, as he feels threatened in his kingdom, will seek to attack a saint personally. But this kind of attack is not the generic difficulty that so many have in their personal walks.

So many believers get bogged down with their own desires for this world...that they have no need of specific attacks against them in order to neutralize them.

So then we are to be soldiers of Christ....soldiers ready to lay down their lives for Christ and His kingdom.

But these soldiers need a fighting spirit.

I feel CONSTANTLY attacked spiritually. It takes a great deal of energy sometimes to combat it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel CONSTANTLY attacked spiritually. It takes a great deal of energy sometimes to combat it.

It can be very difficult...especially if we get busy and caught up with our earthly responsibilities. Keep the faith...maintain your hope...and try getting some forward momentum. Sow to the Spirit where you can.

Reactions: Mayflower

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, anything like this dominion over me here, you think?

satan is not our enemy, or even our adversary, but maybe the lack of reading ability is,
i honestly don't know tbh, the v seems crystal clear to me; your enemy

Proverbs 16:7
[7] When a man's ways please the Lord , he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The enemy is a spiritual entity operating behind the scenes and fooling people to do his will.
yes the devil makes us do it huh Epi, and we are cautioned about satan's will many times, aren't we
Bible Search: satan%27s will
This force has infiltrated into the churches bringing false doctrines and bad attitudes towards growth in Christ.
arg, man, no offense meant here ok, but that is not what church is either i guess. Fwiw this "he" that makes you do stuff, your enemy--not Peter's, iow, unless you choose to interpret it that way of course--the one that is now a force? She would be a much better pronoun to apply if you want to personify it, ok. This force that seems to now have it's own will, and apparently can even infiltrate Church and all
Shining the truth into dark places is the beginning of spiritual warfare.
gee, then shouldn't you be able to find the phrase "Spiritual warfare" written one time Somewhere Epi? too?
beware the Klingons around Uranus, ok buddy?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Proverbs 16:7
[7] When a man's ways please the Lord , he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even satan/the spiritual entities operating behind the scenes to be at peace with him.

i'm just gonna leave this right here for now :)
in case someone might wanna pick up this "satan's will" thing

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Then don't!!
"Be still , and know that I AM God.."

Peace is a strong, powerful, position of warfare.

Just turn from the taunting of the Enemy and worship.

Repent also means "to take another mind".
Even the world talks about winning, by changing how we think about something. Start 'seeing' His victory, not your weaknesses.

It won't come easily , victory itself is the fight.
Half the battle is being in His peace...knowing that you are a winner.

Praying for you... hugs...Helen ♥︎

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then don't!!

Even the world talks about winning, by changing how we think about something. Start 'seeing' His victory, not your weaknesses.

Praise music is a powerful way to combat spiritual warfare. Singing too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Then don't!!

We have this text from Psalm 46.10 displayed in our house! :)

Reactions: Helen

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where have you been all your life? The apostles the last to do miracles? Hardly a day goes by that the Holy Spirit is not active in producing miracles.

Matthew 12:39

...An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. This same verse is also repeated in Matthew 16:4.

When a verse is repeated twice it means God is driving home a point! WE LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT.

The only ones who will do signs and wonders (miracles) are those in the last days!!!

Matthew 24:23-24
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I have numerous books outlining the miracles that God is doing in various parts of the world right up to raising the dead.

Sure you have books outlining miracles and raising of the dead, but not according to the truth as outlined with the Scriptures above.

Last year I prayed for a young man that was brain dead and who the doctors said would never gain consciousness. Two weeks after I prayed for him he walked out of the hospital.

Doctors at times will misdiagnose the condition of a patient, and when prayed for and gets healed seemed to look like a miracle. On the other hand, many patients are NOT prayed for and they become healed of their illnesses.

Feel so sorry for you that you live in such a closed environment and have a God that is pretty useless.

The God that I serve is AWESOME whereas, your god deceives you!!

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a time of religiosity and superficiality. The duty of Christians is to occupy spiritual places. But most Christians I speak to resist the idea of any kind of supernatural walk in the Spirit.

So then that leaves the spiritual realm open to the enemy...and this goes unchallenged.

When we stand on the name of Jesus...it must be on spiritual grounds. We can't just walk like regular people...in their own power, and use the name of Jesus as if it was a magic incantation. The enemy is not impressed with this. There is no basis in reality for this. We are to walk in Spirit and in truth.

So we must come out of much delusion to soberly assess and be prepared for the warfare required to take and hold spiritual ground.

What the church needs are saints. People who actually walk moment by moment by grace. While people argue over silly doctrinal opinions....the world remains in the hands of the enemy.
The gospel is real when it is in power. Otherwise we are holding a kind of truth ...but in the power of the human mind only...not the mind of Christ.

People seem satisfied with truths...but not THE truth. Can we afford to remain opinionated and undiscerning? Can we afford to ignore the higher walk and with it the higher calling in Christ?

The kingdom of God needs to have people enter into it. The problem in our time is that so many think they are already there.

The enemy is very, very good at what he does. Satan would much rather us be always "self conscious" rather than always 'Christ conscious".

"So then that leaves the spiritual realm open to the enemy...and this goes unchallenged."
Yep, a huge gaping hole, practically inviting the enemy in!

"But most Christians I speak to resist the idea of any kind of supernatural walk in the Spirit."
Satan even has Christians scoffing at God's whole being as supernatural :/

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The enemy is very, very good at what he does. Satan would much rather us be always "self conscious" rather than always 'Christ conscious".

"So then that leaves the spiritual realm open to the enemy...and this goes unchallenged."
Yep, a huge gaping hole, practically inviting the enemy in!

"But most Christians I speak to resist the idea of any kind of supernatural walk in the Spirit."
Satan even has Christians scoffing at God's whole being as supernatural :/

The depths and layers of his deception are the cloak of his success in the world

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The depths and layers of his deception are the cloak of his success in the world
Indeed. And here is one Satan has soooo many people, including Christians sayng: "Oh well, I guess all we can do now is pray" Oh how backwards is that stooopid saying??!

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed. And here is one Satan has soooo many people, including Christians sayng: "Oh well, I guess all we can do now is pray" Oh how backwards is that stooopid saying??!

Better to know and say...we are not ignorant of his ways.

Blessings to you Nancy! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to know and say...we are not ignorant of his ways.

Blessings to you Nancy! :)
Amen to that...we have plenty of warnings and instruction and I'm kind of thinking they are in the bible for good reason, lol. Ephesians 6:12-17 , 2 Corinthians 10:4 , Luke 22:31-32 , 1 Corinthians 16:13...
We all, as Christians need to be built up in the faith, it's how we should live every aspect of our lives, so that when this world/Satan comes at us, we will have a strong faith to have peace through the trials of this life. And discernment to keep our eyes on the TRUE God ♥