Split within the Southern Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, so that's what my friend was referring to. Thanks!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Women were the first at the tomb, the  first to announce the news that Jesus was no longer entombed.
Women have been the single most strength in many families over many generations bc men thought religion in homes was "fluff" to their " man-hood", and the
" little woman's" job to teach the children among whom were both male and female !

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Women were the first at the tomb, the  first to announce the news that Jesus was no longer entombed.
Women have been the single most strength in many families over many generations bc men thought religion in homes was "fluff" to their " man-hood", and the
" little woman's" job to teach the children among whom were both male and female !
AND the scriptures only note women financing Christ's ministry.

AND they where with Christ at the cross while the Apostles were hiding.

AND Messiah means anointed one and if you look at the biblical history of it, it is significant. Anointing comes from someone of religious authority and that brings up another topic. As it was noted in the scriptures only women anointed Christ. The Messiah would have had to be officially anointed. And this was done by women.

Where they women of religious authority? The scriptures do not say.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not matter, Catholic or Protestant the history of how Christianity has treated women is a disgrace.

It is a wonder we still do not have slaves, buy our wives and have multiple wives and sell our daughters to be sex slaves.

That is why I say it is not good enough to know the scriptures; you have to analyze the Spirit of Christ and Christianity.

Women make great preachers!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
your correct i am not women be silent in church person. BUTTTTT God put man as the leader when a person joins a church group they know what the articles of faith is and what said group stands for. saying all this if a Church wants women preachers and they belong to a group that does not ordain women. they should just with draw peacefully and move on. the southern Baptist use to be a great group. here lately its become political.
i am ordained gen Baptist yes it has a fairly free doctrine no they dont support women preachers either. on a scale of 1-10 on evangelism the southern Baptist take the lead****

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your correct i am not women be silent in church person. BUTTTTT God put man as the leader when a person joins a church group they know what the articles of faith is and what said group stands for. saying all this if a Church wants women preachers and they belong to a group that does not ordain women. they should just with draw peacefully and move on. the southern Baptist use to be a great group. here lately its become political.
i am ordained gen Baptist yes it has a fairly free doctrine no they dont support women preachers either. on a scale of 1-10 on evangelism the southern Baptist take the lead****

Some things are a matter of right and wrong and as Christian endowed with the Holy Spirit we should know right from wrong. Christ told the Apostles that the Holy Spirit would come to guide us. As Christ told his Apostles...I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. John 16:12-14

In Christ's era society and religion was male dominant. To change that would take time and His first priority was to save souls. But in the above scripture is Christ talking about the things the Holy Spirit would teach us. As a theologian and a historian I find some humor in how long it took us to catch on to some basic concepts of right and wrong.

Mr. Christian thinks it is OK to have slaves......How long did it take us to learn that?.....when this is a pretty basic concept of right and wrong.

Mr. Christian thinks it is OK to have multiple wives...this went on for several centuries after the biblical era....it was one of the reasons that Paul had to stipulate that a church leader had to be married to only one wife. Married and one wife that is another topic.

Mr. Christian thinks it is OK that a lady's father should choose her husband ....Christian women did not have the right to choose their own husband.....the Catholic Church put an end to this, I think in the 12th century.

Most Christians believe that wedding ceremonies were required all along....not true. The Protestants were the first to require a wedding ceremony to be married in the middle 1500's and the Catholic Church followed suite shortly after. Before that wedding ceremonies were not required. No where in the Old or New Testament is it said that that a wedding ceremony was required. I believe the Holy Spirit was involved with this.

It has taken a lot of time for Christians to recognize right from wrong and that is just sad. But should we continue not knowing right from wrong? Women have held a second rate status in Christianity for long enough. Christian men should be ashamed of themselves, for God sake they had mothers, just how dense are they? It is right that women be equal members in Christianity. It is right that women be allowed to preach and hold authority in the church. How long will it take for the Holy Spirit to teach us this next lesson when again it is so clearly the right thing to do?

Reactions: Rita

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living by this that Paul said,
Galatians 3
28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living by this that Paul said,
Galatians 3
28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
yet God placed man as the head qualifications husbands of one wife He must be a good ruler of His house . i am not the judge so there works will be judged like all of us

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet God placed man as the head qualifications husbands of one wife He must be a good ruler of His house . i am not the judge so there works will be judged like all of us
I agree and since I have no husband,( deceased), I'm free to live under my only head, Jesus, the Son of God , the Christ !

Reactions: Cassandra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree and since I have no husband,( deceased), I'm free to live under my only head, Jesus, the Son of God , the Christ !
thats a different type head and yes your husband deceased you are the priest of the home. when it comes to getting things done inside the church. the women are on the front line. in fact many times they attend Church while the husband stays home. i was one of them

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept of Bible only….fundamentalism was a good idea back during the reform.

You have a bunch laymen forming denominations….to rid themselves of the corruptions of the Catholic Church. But it had its downside. It cut out a lot of Christian history and a lot of the interaction between God and Man to the extent that parts of Protestantism do not believe in miracles outside the biblical era. More or less making The Bible only thing made Christianity a static religion…stagnant.

But Christianity was never a static religion.

The Mosaic Law regulated polygamous marriage and concubinage….sex slaves that fathers sold their daughters into.

The Mosaic Law regulated slavery.

And Christ and the Apostles never spoke against any of that.

But since the biblical era we have learned that that was wrong.

And in the mid 1500’s the Protestants made wedding ceremonies a requirement to be married…Hallelujah!

I believe the Holy Spirit was involved with all of that learning.

So Christianity is a dynamic religion and one of lessons to learn is that females are equal members in Christianity….with all rights and privileges….it is time for Christianity to stop being a male dominant religion.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" So Christianity is a dynamic religion and one of lessons to learn is that females are equal members in Christianity….with all rights a privileges….it is time for Christianity to stop being a male dominant religion."
Well said @Grailhunter .

Reactions: Cassandra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" So Christianity is a dynamic religion and one of lessons to learn is that females are equal members in Christianity….with all rights a privileges….it is time for Christianity to stop being a male dominant religion."
Well said @Grailhunter .
i am not male dominant women have a BIG place in the Church. .but honestly God placed man the head do we go against what scriptures say or do we just ignore them

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said @Grailhunter .
LOL That should be with all rights and privileges....forgot the and

• Haha