Spoken Word and Written Word are the Same

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
[sup]Many act and talk like they have already disregarded God's Word and diminished it's importance. Whole false religions have been created by adding to and taking away from God's Word because they say, "God has not finished speaking". If someone is speaking to you and telling you they are "in the Spirit", then anything they say will not conflict with the nature and character of God in Scripture. [/sup]

[sup]And many think their "hearing" of the Spirit is so perfect, they no longer need God's written word. [/sup]

[sup]Folly!![/sup]

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

We are not to idolize written letters on paper. The Spirit of God must breathe life into the letter. The corruption of Bible versions has brought so much confusion in the Church that many are just wanting to give up the written word that Jesus referred to many times and just be directed "by the spirit".

This is leading many into deception.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
[sup]Many act and talk like they have already disregarded God's Word and diminished it's importance. Whole false religions have been created by adding to and taking away from God's Word because they say, "God has not finished speaking". If someone is speaking to you and telling you they are "in the Spirit", then anything they say will not conflict with the nature and character of God in Scripture. [/sup]

[sup]And many think their "hearing" of the Spirit is so perfect, they no longer need God's written word. [/sup]

[sup]Folly!![/sup]

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

We are not to idolize written letters on paper. The Spirit of God must breathe life into the letter. The corruption of Bible versions has brought so much confusion in the Church that many are just wanting to give up the written word that Jesus referred to many times and just be directed "by the spirit".

This is leading many into deception.

Axehead, authority is necessary, try watching a football game without a referee.
You can not be speaking about the Catholic Church, because the Church is based on the Holy Word from the Bible along with Apostolic Teaching Tradition, both are necessary.
Authority that I'm writing about in religion is necessary because we do not make the rules in religion - God does. God has been good enough to make His will known to us ---- to help us out of our difficulties in matters of faith and morals - God has given us His apostolic Church as we can see here in -{ Matt. 18:15-18 ]. not one inclination is shown by God with taking the problem brother to the Bible.Nope , not the Holy Bible, but the final decision is from His Holy Authorative Apostolic Church.It's not your Protestant authority to try and improve or change God's Church from that of being a Aurthorative Teaching Church to your many conflicting individual interpretational churches. Your many conflicting Protestant churches are totally different from the authentic expression of the 'authorative' Church that contains God 's will, it is contradictory to believe that God's Apostolic Church may be modified by any individual that comes along starting only from those past reformation days of Protestantism.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
but the final decision is from His Holy Authorative Apostolic Church.It's not your Protestant authority to try and improve or change God's Church from that of being a Aurthorative Teaching Church to your many conflicting individual interpretational churches. Your many conflicting Protestant churches are totally different from the authentic expression of the 'authorative' Church that contains God 's will, it is contradictory to believe that God's Apostolic Church may be modified by any individual that comes along starting only from those past reformation days of Protestantism.

Hi neophyte,

Your church has no more authority than a 'Protestant' church, because authority comes from God, and He gives His Holy Spirit to those who obey Him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Axehead, authority is necessary, try watching a football game without a referee.

So, you are telling me that you look to man and come under his authority and know nothing about the authority of the Holy Spirit in your own life. You have to ask man what to do and what to think. Ok, I think we get that. And you are so concerned about us because you want us to know the liberation you have found in listening to and following men.

By the way, I have played in football games without "referees" and they have been quite good as each player was guided by honesty. Hmm. somewhat like the Church except each member is guided by the Holy Spirit. Just like in the New Testament.

You can not be speaking about the Catholic Church, because the Church is based on the Holy Word from the Bible along with Apostolic Teaching Tradition, both are necessary.

I can be a broken record just like you. The Catholic church is a false christian religion that usurps Jesus Christ's authority on earth. How in the world, could anyone think the Catholic church is just another expression of Christianity? But many do. Why? They are looking to man to tell them what to believe. And their "leaders" put on a pretty good "show" in the flesh. Do you know anything of the authority of Jesus Christ in your life, so that you can believe it and depend on it? How can you be so sure of Rome's authority? Remember, you are only believing what someone told you. You think ALL authority comes through Rome (through men). Therefore, it would be easy for you to walk by sight and not faith.

Authority that I'm writing about in religion is necessary because we do not make the rules in religion - God does.
Actually, your buddies in Rome make your rules. Quit trying to "pull the wool over our eyes".

God has been good enough to make His will known to us ---- to help us out of our difficulties in matters of faith and morals - God has given us His apostolic Church as we can see here in -{ Matt. 18:15-18 ]. not one inclination is shown by God with taking the problem brother to the Bible. Nope , not the Holy Bible, but the final decision is from His Holy Authorative Apostolic Church.

Wrong again. Jesus Christ is the Authoritative HEAD of the CHURCH.

It's not your Protestant authority to try and improve or change God's Church from that of being a Aurthorative Teaching Church to your many conflicting individual interpretational churches. Your many conflicting Protestant churches are totally different from the authentic expression of the 'authorative' Church that contains God 's will, it is contradictory to believe that God's Apostolic Church may be modified by any individual that comes along starting only from those past reformation days of Protestantism.

First there is nothing authentic about your expression except that it is authentic subterfuge. And any Protestant or non-Catholic person or organization that usurps, coops or steals the place of Jesus Christ in His Church, will be dealt with summarily and that by the Lord Himself.

You are repetitiously boring. Who knows, I may be too. :)

Axehea

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Sa 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
1Sa 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Yes God does not reign over them, teh religious for they have chosen one to reign over them, Christ is not there head for they chosen a man in His stead. Yes teh religiuos will never change ,Jesus could never convince them, what chance do we have. The day is upon us, the religious will run to church, those who are His ( Jesus) will remain in Him for He is there Rock and there fortress.

In All His Love

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Axehead and other protestors against God's True and only One Apostolic Church of [ Matt 16:15-19] and [ Matt. 28:20] that is the only ""church"" that Jesus ever left us ,it was meant for "all" of us. Jesus said "my church" and yes you are correct when you write that it is the members that make up the Church, but only those members that follow Apostolic Teachings as in the following verses that you non-Catholics like to dismiss as the Word of God -[ Matt.28: 20 ] [ Luke 10:16 ] [John 20:21 ] [ Matt. 28:18-20 ] [ John 20:21 ] [ 2 Cor.5:20 ] and yes, the apostles ordained future priests as proven even from your bible [ Paul, Barnabas, Timothy, Titus, and Matthias as shown in Acts 13:3, 14:22, 1: 24-26 and Titus 1:5 ] How is it that you never mention those preceding verses when refuting God's Church ? Why can't you write verses or passages in our discussion on the topic of God's universal, apostolic church; where are those verses that support your religions churches and their cults ? Speaking of "authority' where is the verse that gave any future man or woman the authority from Jesus to start any other church [ s ] different from that church of Matt:16; 18-19 , John 21:15-17, Matthew 28; 18-20, Luke 10:16, Eph.4:3-6. I have shown you the verses that prove that Jesus passed on"" His Authority"" to others . Now your turn--
From the Holy Bible show me the verse or passage that shows us where Jesus gave both His "Authority" along with His Authority to invent any other future church different from the description found in those preceding verses above? In fact go outside the Holy Bible or to the early writings of Christians if needed. Verse passage documentation,

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
but only those members that follow Apostolic Teachings as in the following verses that you non-Catholics like to dismiss as the Word of God -[ Matt.28: 20 ] [ Luke 10:16 ] [John 20:21 ] [ Matt. 28:18-20 ] [ John 20:21 ] [ 2 Cor.5:20 ]

Non-Catholics don't dismiss these verses as the word of God, and we receive them directly from God to our own hearts, just as Christ Jesus intended; we don't need a hierarchy of men telling us what these verses mean, because the Holy Spirit Himself leads us into all truth.

Fact is, neo, you don't need a hierarchy of men telling you what these verses mean, either. The Holy Spirit is waiting to teach you, too. :)

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Non-Catholics don't dismiss these verses as the word of God, and we receive them directly from God to our own hearts, just as Christ Jesus intended; we don't need a hierarchy of men telling us what these verses mean, because the Holy Spirit Himself leads us into all truth.

Fact is, neo, you don't need a hierarchy of men telling you what these verses mean, either. The Holy Spirit is waiting to teach you, too. :)

This place is feelling more like it's being controlled by Matt Slick.
Well you must be in contact with the wrong HS because your HS doesn't agree with your other Protestant Holy Spirits. I'm glad I left your maze of h.s.'s and found the One Real Christian Church that received the One Real Holy Spirit at Pentecost 1st Century. At least the Church I belong to has verification from the Holy Bible, much more than I can say for all your Protestant churches, The bible proves the apostles and their successors are the nucleus along with the Holy Spirit of Christ's Apostolic Church, both the Holy Bible and Christian history attest to Jesus being the founder of His One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
This place is feelling more like it's being controlled by Matt Slick.

I just looked up who this Matt Slick is and am surprised that you would say that.

Look, Neo, let me encourage you. Did you not see ChristianityBoard's new statement of faith?

"Concluding Remarks
We believe the above to attest to the very nature of Christianity. However, we do recognize that our brothers and sisters of other decidedly Christian faiths may have variations in their denominations and traditions. We affirm that the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church are Christian, although there may be differences of opinion, doctrine, and tradition."

Have you been shutdown for propagating Catholic doctrine? Surely, the statement of faith must make you feel good. With all your proselytizing (and other's) I actually was thinking that CyB feels more like a Catholic forum. I did not realize until I read the new statement of faith that this was an Ecumenical Board. Do you feel better now? You should. You are continuing to make inroads for your church. Well done!

Axehead

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
I just looked up who this Matt Slick is and am surprised that you would say that.

Look, Neo, let me encourage you. Did you not see ChristianityBoard's new statement of faith?

"Concluding Remarks
We believe the above to attest to the very nature of Christianity. However, we do recognize that our brothers and sisters of other decidedly Christian faiths may have variations in their denominations and traditions. We affirm that the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church are Christian, although there may be differences of opinion, doctrine, and tradition."

Have you been shutdown for propagating Catholic doctrine? Surely, the statement of faith must make you feel good. With all your proselytizing (and other's) I actually was thinking that CyB feels more like a Catholic forum. I did not realize until I read the new statement of faith that this was an Ecumenical Board. Do you feel better now? You should. You are continuing to make inroads for your church. Well done!

Axehead

Thank you Axehead for bringing this to my attention I have just finished reading it.

Scripture itself is not completely sufficient for understanding the Christian faith in its fullness because it does not contain all of God’s revelation.If every word of God’s revelation is important and must be considered, but not all of it is included in the Bible’s written word, where can it be found? John tells us, "there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written" (John 21:25).
So, how can one refute a verse or passage if the person is not interpreting it in it's proper context if the Bible itself is insufficient in doing so? If every word of God’s revelation is important and must be considered, but not all of it is included in the Bible’s written word, where can it be found? Quite simply, it is found with those whom God entrusted the fullness of his revelation—the authoritative hierarchy of his Church—with whom has been entrusted "the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints" (Jude 3).
Ultimately, if we cannot adequately treat a proof text using Scripture itself, we must trust in the teaching of the Church. [ Matt.18:15-18 ] Jesus would be amazed at anybody who would not listen to the Church as noted in the preceding verse...... " If he refuses to listen even to the Church..... implying that for someone to ignore 'His Church' [ the only One based on His apostles; Luke 10:16, Eph.2:19-20 ] would be simply stupid and foolish. Again , Jesus left us His Teaching Aposolic Church to make sure that His Teaching would be understood and applied correctly, if this method is not followed we get the confusion of so many different holy spirits influencing the many thousands of different conlicting churches and cults as invented by many of the mis-lead men and women we find today and unfortunately still being invented. [ 1 Tim. 3:14 ]

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi neophyte,

Scripture itself is not completely sufficient for understanding the Christian faith in its fullness because it does not contain all of God’s revelation.If every word of God’s revelation is important and must be considered, but not all of it is included in the Bible’s written word, where can it be found? John tells us, "there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written" (John 21:25).
So, how can one refute a verse or passage if the person is not interpreting it in it's proper context if the Bible itself is insufficient in doing so? If every word of God’s revelation is important and must be considered, but not all of it is included in the Bible’s written word, where can it be found? Quite simply, it is found with those whom God entrusted the fullness of his revelation—the authoritative hierarchy of his Church—with whom has been entrusted "the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints" (Jude 3).
Ultimately, if we cannot adequately treat a proof text using Scripture itself, we must trust in the teaching of the Church. [Matt.18:15-18 ] Jesus would be amazed at anybody who would not listen to the Church as noted in the preceding verse...... " If he refuses to listen even to the Church..... implying that for someone to ignore 'His Church' [ the only One based on His apostles; Luke 10:16, Eph.2:19-20 ] would be simply stupid and foolish. Again , Jesus left us His Teaching Aposolic Church to make sure that His Teaching would be understood and applied correctly, if this method is not followed we get the confusion of so many different holy spirits influencing the many thousands of different conlicting churches and cults as invented by many of the mis-lead men and women we find today and unfortunately still being invented. [ 1 Tim. 3:14 ]

Who are you quoting, please?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

But many choose to folllow men,,

Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

For me to go from where I am back to religion would be as Jesus put it,

2Pe_2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Once one has come into the truth how could one than choose to believe the Lie.

We cant convert the religious, Jesus couldnt as He said again,

Mar_2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Leave them be, they have chosen there way.

In all His Love

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Mjrhealth, 2 Pe 2: 22 should be understood with Pro. 26: 11.
Rom. 8: 14 with Gal. 5:18
Mat.15: 14 with Matt. 23: 16. 19.24, Luke 6: 39, John 9:40. Jesus leads his disciples away from the teaching authority of the Pharisses.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This board cannot be compared to CARM. Neo it is ridiculous to stir the hive up and then claim persecution from the bees.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Never said it was aspen.
But I do believe we have a few Matt Slick types here, These anti-Catholic types are forever condemming us Catholics for following an authorative hierarchy,which the Bible tells us that it was formulated by Christ, ie. Luke 10:16, Matt.16 -15-19, Matt.28:18-20, John 17:20-21, along with bishops -Titus 1:5, the apostles consecrated priests Acts 13:3, 14:22, 1:24-26, and Titus 1:5, yet most non-Catholics are being influenced by their many different quasi-popes, these'' little popes" have not a direct lineage from any of the original apostles and also never ordained the bible-way. [ 2 Cor.5:20 ] [ Heb.5:1 ] [ Eph.2: 19-20 ] [ Acts 13:3 ] [ 1Tim. 5:22] [ 1 Cor. 4: 14-15 ].[ John 21:15-17 ]

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Never said it was aspen.
But I do believe we have a few Matt Slick types here, These anti-Catholic types are forever condemming us Catholics for following an authorative hierarchy,which the Bible tells us that it was formulated by Christ, ie. Luke 10:16, Matt.16 -15-19, Matt.28:18-20, John 17:20-21, along with bishops -Titus 1:5, the apostles consecrated priests Acts 13:3, 14:22, 1:24-26, and Titus 1:5, yet most non-Catholics are being influenced by their many different quasi-popes, these'' little popes" have not a direct lineage from any of the original apostles and also never ordained the bible-way. [ 2 Cor.5:20 ] [ Heb.5:1 ] [ Eph.2: 19-20 ] [ Acts 13:3 ] [ 1Tim. 5:22] [ 1 Cor. 4: 14-15 ].[ John 21:15-17 ]

Let me see if I have this correct...

You insult others here by calling them "Matt Slick types"' and telling them they are being led by "quasi-popes" and "little popes" and you alone have the only connection to God and yet you want respect and an effort to be made to by those uninformed little people you're insulting to understand your words? Is that right?

That's some nice brotherly love ya hot going on there? Where did you learn it?

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Let me see if I have this correct...

You insult others here by calling them "Matt Slick types"' and telling them they are being led by "quasi-popes" and "little popes" and you alone have the only connection to God and yet you want respect and an effort to be made to by those uninformed little people you're insulting to understand your words? Is that right?

That's some nice brotherly love ya hot going on there? Where did you learn it?

I was taught it at a little church called Calvery Hill Baptist church.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
This board cannot be compared to CARM. Neo it is ridiculous to stir the hive up and then claim persecution from the bees.

Aspen, I respect you for that statement. It is very true. Why, I ask are characters like Neo and Kepha "stirring the hive" and then claiming persecution?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can one be condemning a church when it has not evem being mentioned.
Lets see,

I have a father He is God, He sent His Son Jesus to save me from my sin. This He has already accoplished, He did it once. Its a gift free from God, I did not have to do anything to earn it, just believe it is so, and it is Finished. Now God being my father and me being His son, enjoys teh time I spend with Him, wherever and when ever I choose or He chooses, this is what a relationship is, and it is so to with Jesus, He is here with me aways, mention His name and HE is listening to me, No go betweens,, just me and Him, this is a relationship. Than you see Jesus sent us the Hol;y Spirit tp lead us into the truth, the truth brings revelation, revelation comes from God alone, not man not church, So you see I have all i will ever need to see the coming trouble through, for my faiith is built upon the Rock which is Jesus, not mens church, doctines and religions, this is of the world and will be shaken, it cannot stand for it is not built upon the Truth, but is a lie. And that day when you stand before Jesus, and He shows you all teh foolishness of man, you will wonder why you just never went to Him now, but had to wait so long. He loves me, i can do nothing to cause Him to hate me. That is just who He is.

And if that makes you angry, than I am saddened for you.

In all His Love