Spotlight On The Disasterous RCC "Celibacy" Requirement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am not Protestant. I am not pointing fingers. I am calling out evil.
I don't even know if there are any Protestant churches where I grew up. I was immersed in the Catholic system from birth. My ma and dad were married in the Catholic church, and divorced when I was a baby. 3 of my grandparents were Catholic.
I had a dysfunctional life, and so did my relatives who attended the Catholic church.
I do not have time to research corrupt prosperity gospel greedies or cult leaders. The enemy infiltrated seminaries and churches eons ago, and continues to.
I have asked God to forgive me for my participation in the Catholic church and asked for Him to remove the demons from it.
Go ahead and keep making excuses for sin and blasphemy. We will all have to answer to God one day.
ALL of which makes you a Protestant - IF you are indeed still a christian.

I don't know why "Protestant" is such an abhorrent, 4-letter word to some Protestants like yourself. Your Protestant Fathers wore that moniker proudly . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am not Protestant. I am not pointing fingers. I am calling out evil.

I don't even know if there are any Protestant churches where I grew up. I was immersed in the Catholic system from birth. My ma and dad were married in the Catholic church, and divorced when I was a baby. 3 of my grandparents were Catholic.

I had a dysfunctional life, and so did my relatives who attended the Catholic church.

I do not have time to research corrupt prosperity gospel greedies or cult leaders. The enemy infiltrated seminaries and churches eons ago, and continues to.

I have asked God to forgive me for my participation in the Catholic church and asked for Him to remove the demons from it.

Go ahead and keep making excuses for sin and blasphemy. We will all have to answer to God one day.
Thank you Tammy,

I'm curious....If your not Protestant (any church denomination started after the reformation) then what are you?

Have you asked God to remove the demons from the Protestant churches?

Curious Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You think there are no demons in the catholic church?

The Catholic Church is quietly preparing for an unparalleled episode of spiritual warfare, training more clergy to meet the inexplicable but steadily increasing demand for exorcisms. Church officials say a rise in materialism and pop obsession with the occult is to blame.
( From a Catholic website.)

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“THE RITE” EARNS RESPECT
Unfailingly, whenever there is a TV show or movie that touches on subjects like Transubstantiation—the transformation of bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus—the Virgin birth, apparitions, the stigmata, even confession, it is the subject of ridicule and insulting commentary. But when it comes to the phenomenon of exorcism, it’s hard to find anyone who mocks it.

Catholic League staffers reviewed over 600 movie reviews of “The Rite” that appeared in mainline media outlets. Aside from a few snotty remarks, the subject of exorcism was given a respectful hearing: none was derisive. The cast of “The Rite” was also respectful: none lambasted the idea that demons could be purged by a trained Roman Catholic priest.

This is good news. Evil exists, and everyone save for a fringe minority, admits it. More important, the belief that the devil can be conquered also exists. That the Catholic Church has a mechanism to deal with it is hardly surprising. After all, it was founded by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
“THE RITE” EARNS RESPECT

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Tammy,

I'm curious....If your not Protestant (any church denomination started after the reformation) then what are you?

Curious Mary

I am not too gung-ho, at all, about "organized religion." I am a Bible-Believing Christ follower who is very repentant these days, in the times.

I have to return later.

Blessings!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not too gung-ho, at all, about "organized religion." I am a Bible-Believing Christ follower who is very repentant these days, in the times.

I have to return later.

Blessings!
So you prefer disorganized religion?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you prefer disorganized religion?

She said she's a bible believing Christ follower.
What makes you think she prefers disorganized religion?
Does one need to belong to an "organized group" in order to follow Christ?
I know people who never go to a church, simply because they live in remote areas.
They read their bibles and worship at home without "belonging to an organized group".
They are dedicated Christians, more so than some people in "organized" groups.

And you call it "religion", Christianity is not a religion.
Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ.
When people ask me "which religion do you follow", I tell them "I don't follow a cult", I am a Christian.

Reactions: TammyinWI

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think there are no demons in the catholic church?

The Catholic Church is quietly preparing for an unparalleled episode of spiritual warfare, training more clergy to meet the inexplicable but steadily increasing demand for exorcisms. Church officials say a rise in materialism and pop obsession with the occult is to blame.
( From a Catholic website.)
Thank you. Did you provide a link to that website? If so it didn't come thru!!!

There are "demons" in every church.....:(

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have to return later. Blessings!
Thank you for the Blessing.

It seems to me you are suggesting that Christians that are members of "organized religion" (denominational churches?) are NOT bible-believing Christ followers?

Did you know that thru historical writings we KNOW that the Christians of the 1st century AD, the people who walked and talked with the Apostles, were "organized"?

Mary

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She said she's a bible believing Christ follower.
What makes you think she prefers disorganized religion?
Does one need to belong to an "organized group" in order to follow Christ?
She said she is not gung ho on organized religion. My reply was a question, not an accusation, and there is nothing wrong with my reply.
I know people who never go to a church, simply because they live in remote areas.
They read their bibles and worship at home without "belonging to an organized group".
They are dedicated Christians, more so than some people in "organized" groups.
Good for them.

And you call it "religion", Christianity is not a religion.
Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ.
When people ask me "which religion do you follow", I tell them "I don't follow a cult", I am a Christian.
Back in the 60's TV preachers would use the word "religion" as if it were a dirty word. They did that to draw Christians out of their established churches to beef up their own followers. Religion is not a dirty word, Protestant tv preachers changed the meaning of the word and you are just a second generation victim of Protestant pastor misinformation. "Cult" is a deviation from an established religion.

re·li·gion
[rəˈlijən]
NOUN
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms: faith · belief · divinity · worship · creed · teaching · doctrine · theology · sect · cult · religious group · faith community · church · denomination · body ·
    faith · religion · religious belief(s) · religious persuasion · religious conviction · religious group · faith community · church · persuasion ·
    [more]
  2. a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
Christianity is a religion under a proper definition, and it is a relationship with Christ. It's "both/and", not "either/or", (a false dichotomy)

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In other words, you can't be taught the proper meaning of an English word. Do I have to tiptoe around your prejudices?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, now you're changing your tune.

Before, you said that the Church TOLD us that we must eat fish on Friday - which is a complete and total LIE.
Now that I've exposed your lie - you switch gears.

Let me know when you want to engage in an honest conversation for a change . . .
You're splitting hairs, dead bread. When the Catholic church says their members can't have red meat on Friday - the implication is that the members have got to eat fish instead - because Catholics aren't just going to go vegetarian on Friday, are they?

OK, let's have an honest discussion about child rapists priests, the subject of this thread, shall we? The Spotlight movie says it all. Your beloved church ENABLED child sex abuse, is not the least bit remorseful, and if brave people hadn't come forward to expose your disgusting leadership like that monster Cardinal Law, a lot more innocent kids would have been harmed. When will the RCC lift that stupid celibacy requirement and let priests marry? Wasn't the one who you claim was the "first Pope" married? Peter had a MOTHER IN LAW -- so why don't priests get a wife to satisfy their sexual urges instead of kids?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're splitting hairs, dead bread. When the Catholic church says their members can't have red meat on Friday - the implication is that the members have got to eat fish instead - because Catholics aren't just going to go vegetarian on Friday, are they?
No - YOU are inventing things that just aren't there.
In MOST other countries besides the United States, meat is NOT eaten at every meal - nor at at every dinner.

YOU need to learn about other cultures before you continue making these embarrasingly idiotic remarks.
OK, let's have an honest discussion about child rapists priests, the subject of this thread, shall we? The Spotlight movie says it all. Your beloved church ENABLED child sex abuse, is not the least bit remorseful, and if brave people hadn't come forward to expose your disgusting leadership like that monster Cardinal Law, a lot more innocent kids would have been harmed. When will the RCC lift that stupid celibacy requirement and let priests marry? Wasn't the one who you claim was the "first Pope" married? Peter had a MOTHER IN LAW -- so why don't priests get a wife to satisfy their sexual urges instead of kids?
I'll make a deal with you: I'll discuss the sex abuse cases among priests if YOU openly discuss the fact that the pedophilia problem is much worse in your own Protestant sects. We'll go over the actual statistics on why it is so bad among you Protestants.

DEAL??[/QUOTE]

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see phony man can't let go of a 50-60 year old sex abuse crisis, even though the crisis has ended.

When the Boston Globe sent the nation reeling in 2002 with revelations of priestly sexual abuse, and the attendant cover-up, Catholics were outraged by the level of betrayal. This certainly included the Catholic League. The scandal cannot be denied. What is being denied, however, is the existence of another scandal—the relentless effort to keep the abuse crisis alive, and the deliberate refusal to come to grips with its origins. Both scandals deserve our attention.
SHINING THE LIGHT ON "SPOTLIGHT"

There is not a shred of evidence that says celibacy contributes to sex abuse. Jesus and Paul were sex abusers because they were celibates? Your logic is just as sick.

It makes me wonder if phony man is an obsessive sexual predator, it's all he ever talks about.
But as with most phony "Christians", they think Catholics were not shocked, outraged, and mortified. Decades have past and the topic keeps coming up. The above link explains why.

A day of abstinence is a day on which Catholics fourteen years or older are required to abstain from eating meat (a food which has historically been symbolic of feasting and festivities because it could not be eaten every day in most historic cultures for economic reasons). By abstaining from this festive food on Fridays, we symbolize our sorrow for our sins on the day on which the Lord Jesus died because of our sins.

Under the current discipline in America, fish, eggs, milk products, and condiments or foods made using animal fat or meat are permitted for members of the Western Rite of the Church. Only the eating of meat itself (beef, poultry, pork, etc.) is forbidden. (However, all animal products are forbidden for members of the Eastern Rites; but, the requirement of abstinence is not mandated by law in those rites). Persons with special dietary needs can easily be dispensed by their pastor. Fasting is not required of children or the elderly or anyone on medication of any kind. You should go demonize some other church.

A biblical basis for abstaining from meat as a sign of penance for our sins is found in the book of Daniel, where the prophet mourns over the sins of Israel:

"In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia . . . 'I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.'" (Daniel 10:1-3)
INFO: Why Catholics do what they do
We will not go to hell for violating this fast requirement.

phony man doesn't know what he mocks and he isn't capable of civilized discussion.

back to the ignorasium you go, phony man.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IT'S NOT ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS
FACT: Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
– Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University.
Read more

THE GRAND CONSPIRACY THAT WASN'T
FACT: You would never know it from the media's lurid and obsessive coverage, but the vast bulk of reported cases of abuse stem only from a historical anomaly, as most allegations occurred during only a small sliver of time during the Sexual Revolution from the 1960s to the early 1980s. And despite media suggestions of dark conspiracies and cover-ups, the Church – like every other institution at the time – simply followed the then-prevailing view of experts in the field that offenders could be successfully rehabilitated and sent accused priests off for treatment, rather than reporting them to police, which resulted in a temporary spike in recidivism.
Read more

THE REAL NEWS: CURRENT ACCUSATIONS AGAINST CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE EXTREMELY RARE
FACT: Almost all accusations against Catholic priests date from many decades ago, and indeed nearly half of all abuse accusations concern priests who are already long dead. In a body of 77 million people, contemporaneous accusations of abuse against Catholic clergy in the United States are very rare, recently averaging only 7 allegations deemed "substantiated" by review boards each year.
Read more

THE STORY THE MEDIA WON'T REPORT: THE EPIDEMIC OF ABUSE AND COVER-UPS GOING ON TODAY IN OUR OWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FACT: The incidence of sexual abuse by teachers in public schools today has been estimated to be "more than 100 times" that by Catholic priests, and there is alarming evidence of school officials covering up abuse and failing to report suspected cases to authorities. Yet the mainstream media has largely ignored this shocking story while still rehashing decades-old allegations of abuse by Catholic priests.
Read more

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TODAY: A MODEL FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
FACT: The Catholic Church is likely the safest environment for children today.
Read more

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We know from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice investigation into this matter that almost all of the cases of the sexual abuse of minors that took place in Catholic institutions occurred between 1965 and 1985. By contrast, in the last five years, the average number of credible accusations made against 40,000 priests is exactly .004%
Quite frankly, there is no entity in the United States today, private or public, that can match this record..

The Catholic Church's record of aggressive and proactive protective measures is unparalleled in any organization today. Since the beginning of the abuse crisis, the Catholic Church:

• has instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in which any credibly accused priest is immediately removed from ministry. Law enforcement is also notified;
  • has trained over 5 million children in giving them skills to protect them from abuse;

• has trained over 2 million adults, including 99 percent of all priests, in recognizing signs of abuse;

• has conducted over 2 million background checks, including those in the intensified screening process for aspiring seminarians and priests;

• has installed "Victim Assistance Coordinators" in every diocese, "assuring victims that they will be heard";

• has conducted annual independent audits of all dioceses to monitor compliance with the groundbreaking 2002 Charter for Protection of Children and Young People;

• has instituted in all dioceses abuse review boards – often composed of child welfare experts, child psychologists, and abuse experts – to examine any claims of abuse against priests.
No other organization even comes close to implementing the measures the Catholic Church has taken to protect children in its care. In this regard, the Catholic Church in the 21st century is the model
for other institutions to follow in the safeguarding of youth.
Catholic sex abuse facts :: Fast Facts from TheMediaReport.com

honest dicussion? fat chance

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sins of the Press: The Untold Story of The Boston Globe's Reporting on Sex Abuse in the Catholic Church Paperback – July 15, 2015
This is the book that the Boston Globe does not want you to read.

SINS OF THE PRESS blows the lid off the Boston Globe's 2002 Pulitzer Prize-winning reporting about sex abuse and the Catholic Church.

While the Globe would want you believe that its paper's reporting was a carefully impartial chronicle of abuse and cover-ups by Church officials, this fast-paced, eye-opening, and meticulously researched book uncovers something entirely different.

Using actual images of headlines, photos, and editorial cartoons from the Globe archives, Sins of the Press exposes:
* How the Globe's reporting was only the culmination of a relentless, decades-long campaign against the Catholic Church for ideological reasons;
* How the Globe flagrantly misled its readers about the Church's response to abuse complaints;
* How the Globe has dismissed abuse and cover-ups in other institutions;
* How the Globe has routinely celebrated child molesters in its pages over the years;
* How the Globe frequently promoted an author who supported incest between fathers and daughters;
* How the Globe was flat-out erroneous in its reporting;
* How the Globe facilitated the foundation of the notorious gay pedophile group NAMBLA;
* The truth about Cardinal Law and his response to cases of abusive priests;

and much more.

SINS OF THE PRESS will obliterate everything you thought about the Boston Globe and its reporting about Catholic sex abuse.

https://www.amazon.com/Sins-Press-Untold-Reporting-Catholic/dp/1511852593

TheMediaReport.com has surveyed every article that New York Times National Religion Correspondent Laurie Goodstein has written (or co-written) this decade and has found that while Goodstein has composed dozens of articles about sex abuse in the Catholic Church, she has authored exactly zero articles on abuse elsewhere.

TheMediaReport.com has identified all articles written or co-written by Laurie Goodstein in the New York Times between January 1, 2010, and July 1, 2017.

Imbalance at the Grey Lady

101 of those articles have specifically trumpeted the issue of sex abuse in the Catholic Church. 0 have addressed sex abuse in any other religious institution.

Not even a single article by Laurie Goodstein this decade has headlined sex abuse in any other religious organization. Nothing from Goodstein about child abuse in the Orthodox Jewish community. Nothing about abuse in the Muslim community. Nothing about child abuse among Evangelicals. Nothing about child abuse among Baptists.

In other words, being the "National Religion Correspondent" for the New York Times is really code for being the Times' principle obsessor – among the many there who obsess – about old cases of sex abuse in the Catholic Church.

The disparity is glaring.

Ignoring other aspects of the abuse story

Also notably absent from Goodstein's recent coverage are other important aspects of the Catholic Church child abuse narrative:

• the widespread prevalence of false accusations and the fact that nearly half of those accused nowadays are dead;
  • the troubling financial and operational relationship between Church-suing contingency lawyers and the anti-Catholic group SNAP;
  • the injustice that accused priests find themselves in trying to defend against acts alleged to have been committed many decades ago;
  • the sordid histories and hateful motivations of dissident priests and SNAP members who have attacked the Church; and
  • the unprecedented measures that the Catholic Church in the United States has taken in the last two decades to make the Church the safest environment in the world for children today.
As we have often stated before, it is well known that the New York Times editorial policies stand in heated opposition to the Catholic Church on nearly every "hot-button" social issue, whether it be gay "marriage," abortion, or birth control.

And in the end, Laurie Goodstein is simply carrying the water for her struggling employer, which proudly boasts of its animus for the Catholic Church and is using the issue of decades-old cases of abuse to bludgeon it for not being sufficiently left-wing on issues of sexuality.

[Important note: There was an article published by Goodstein on March 7, 2010, entitled, "Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse." However, the "abuse" cited in the article has nothing to do with sex abuse. Sex abuse, rape, and molestation are not mentioned in the article at all. Instead, the article addresses the alleged "abusive environment" (social/emotional/mental) of the Church of Scientology.]