Spring Feast Rituals during the Crucifixion,Death,Burial & Resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not seen much discussion on this subject. It would be great to understand what exactly the priest were doing on the exact days and times of Jesus's crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection. I've seen one person discuss their belief that at the very moment the first fruit grain was harvested by the priest was the exact moment Christ was risen from the grave first and followed by Old Testament Saints being resurrected (Matthew 27:52-53) (firstfruits harvested)

Some believe that when the first fruit grain offering was marked in the field on mount olivet was when Christ was in Heaven with the captives out of Sheol (realm of the dead) (Paradise/Hades) presenting himself as the firstfruit along with the captives (O.T. Saints) (1 Corinthians 15:20-23) to the Father. If I understand correctly, while Jesus was in the grave he first went to the Paradise part of Sheol (Abrahams Bosom) and then took the Godly souls to Heaven including the thief on the cross and presented himself and those Saints to God as the firstfruits. On the 3rd day we know he rose from the dead and in Matthew 27:52-53 it tells us that many graves were open and many of those who came out of the graves were seen by many in the Holy City.

This was the physical resurrection (Jesus and the Saints). Jesus had taken their souls to Heaven earlier and their bodies were risen right after Jesus rose. Only Matthew recorded this. Some think that since Matthew was primarily directed towards the Jews is why he recorded it and Mark, Luke and John didn't (they directed toward a broader audience ?).

We know from Ephesians 4:8-10 and 1 Peter 3:18-19 that Jesus took the captives to Heaven. We know from Psalms 16:9-11 that David said God would NOT leave his soul in Sheol. It looks like the leading of the Godly souls to Heaven, the resurrection of their bodies in Matthew 27:52-53 paint a picture of what to expect at the Rapture for those in the body of Christ. After the cross Christians souls upon death go to Heaven, ungodly souls still go to Sheol/Hades. I feel like I've only scratched the surface in my understanding of this.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not seen much discussion on this subject. It would be great to understand what exactly the priest were doing on the exact days and times of Jesus's crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection. I've seen one person discuss their belief that at the very moment the first fruit grain was harvested by the priest was the exact moment Christ was risen from the grave first and followed by Old Testament Saints being resurrected (Matthew 27:52-53) (firstfruits harvested)

Some believe that when the first fruit grain offering was marked in the field on mount olivet was when Christ was in Heaven with the captives out of Sheol (realm of the dead) (Paradise/Hades) presenting himself as the firstfruit along with the captives (O.T. Saints) (1 Corinthians 15:20-23) to the Father. If I understand correctly, while Jesus was in the grave he first went to the Paradise part of Sheol (Abrahams Bosom) and then took the Godly souls to Heaven including the thief on the cross and presented himself and those Saints to God as the firstfruits. On the 3rd day we know he rose from the dead and in Matthew 27:52-53 it tells us that many graves were open and many of those who came out of the graves were seen by many in the Holy City.

This was the physical resurrection (Jesus and the Saints). Jesus had taken their souls to Heaven earlier and their bodies were risen right after Jesus rose. Only Matthew recorded this. Some think that since Matthew was primarily directed towards the Jews is why he recorded it and Mark, Luke and John didn't (they directed toward a broader audience ?).

We know from Ephesians 4:8-10 and 1 Peter 3:18-19 that Jesus took the captives to Heaven. We know from Psalms 16:9-11 that David said God would NOT leave his soul in Sheol. It looks like the leading of the Godly souls to Heaven, the resurrection of their bodies in Matthew 27:52-53 paint a picture of what to expect at the Rapture for those in the body of Christ. After the cross Christians souls upon death go to Heaven, ungodly souls still go to Sheol/Hades. I feel like I've only scratched the surface in my understanding of this.

Probably rejoicing as they thought they had gotten rid of him. Their rejoicing was short lived however, as the new covenant soon came into play.