SSBhbSBBbHBoYSBhbmQgT21lZ2EsIHRoZSBiZWdpbm5pbmcgYW5kIHRoZSBlbmRpbmcsIHNhaXRoIHRoZSBMb3Jk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is some great advice, but I think there is a distinctive difference between what some call depression and clinical depression. There are several factors involved in clinical depression. Mine was biochemical. no, it wasn't due to drugs. When you are admitted they take blood samples to see what drugs are in your system. All I had was tylenol, which I took for a headache.

That was decades ago. I got better with help.

Here is an article on "The Chemistry of Depression"

What Is the Chemistry Behind Depression?

You said "So get off your treadmill of rehearsing, "Woe is me" and serve others' needs - for your own good." Perhaps a little more compassion?
That should qualify as a fruit of the Spirit.

Deficiency in neurotransmitters like acetylcholine, dopamine, seratonin arw key as you say. He didn't say he was bi-polar. My Grandmother was for years and had nervous breakdowns- she'd really go off. Then it was called manic-depressive. Lithium was given to her and she became normal and sweet once again. So yes, in some cases it's a chemical deficiency. And that could mean just vitamin niacinamide too. I am a believer in nutrition over drugs.
And as for my compassion, one half hour to think and write to this guy counts for something?
Many times it is just a person's will to make a change and stop thinking selfishly- so they need a reality check, a push. It's called tough love.
GOD gives us a tough love choice, believe in Me ... or not and face the consequences. Suicide is serious, we can't candy coat it.

Reactions: marks