SSBhbSBBbHBoYSBhbmQgT21lZ2EsIHRoZSBiZWdpbm5pbmcgYW5kIHRoZSBlbmRpbmcsIHNhaXRoIHRoZSBMb3Jk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I wish there were something I could say that would comfort you. Please don't be afraid.
i'm not afraid neither do i cry or cried tears might have about to fall but it does not matter
there's really nothing you can do or change i just really want to follow what i originally asked before i delete all that i asked other non christian forum about it but they only laugh so i closed it

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
here is a sermon about hope. yes it is aimed toward teenagers but it is clear and not watered down.
what if i liken my situation to someone who is trapped in a cage for so many years because i might hurt others so they locked me up never let me get near nor do they like me i'll be alone in the past even the present and in the future

then i'll ask you what's the point of living if it's always like this?

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what if i liken my situation to someone who is trapped in a cage for so many years because i might hurt others so they locked me up never let me get near nor do they like me i'll be alone in the past even the present and in the future

then i'll ask you what's the point of living if it's always like this?
i have felt suicidal like you have. i have felt trapped. i dont really know what else to say. it is true that i do not know you well or why you feel like you might hurt others.
we all have potential to hurt others and might already have hurt others.
this can be forgiven.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
or why you feel like you might hurt others.
i will hurt others because it is an example

it was
lik·en
/ˈlīkən/
Learn to pronounce

verb
past tense: likened; past participle: likened
  1. point out the resemblance of someone or something to.
    "they likened the reigning emperor to a god"

Similar:
    compare

equate

analogize
    analogize birth to the coming into being of a poem" data-hw="analogize" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJnBJBD5V-bYJtYnOQPoTINFLcuYw:1640928344153&q=define+analogize&forcedict=analogize&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
    draw an analogy between
    make an analogy of/between
    draw a parallel between
    parallel

correlate
    correlates highly with class" data-hw="correlate" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="true" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJnBJBD5V-bYJtYnOQPoTINFLcuYw:1640928344153&q=define+correlate&forcedict=correlate&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
    match

link
    linked his name with Judith" data-hw="link" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJnBJBD5V-bYJtYnOQPoTINFLcuYw:1640928344153&q=define+link&forcedict=link&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
    associate

make connections between
    bracket together
    think of together
    regard as similar
    set beside
    mention in the same breath

set side by side
we all have potential to hurt others and might already have hurt others.
this can be forgiven.
just why why is it that no one can understand me
when i already gave a lot of hints i said what if and then included liken

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i have felt suicidal like you have. i
this is not the first time though before i even came to this site i already have those thoughts

it went away for years but now i am stuck this is not likened to those that have been ditched by a gf/bf and then wanting to commit suicide but it's like a divorce thing while you still love her and you have kids with her but she took everything away and go with another man far away from you away from your country

your life is ruined if it's not resolve and you do not know what to do or where will you go next it's a dead end there is no more path

just like you do i put what if and then also put liken yet you did not understand what happened to us is happening everyday to me simple and not so simple situation misunderstanding is a common occurence to me this is the problem i have

Reactions: Waiting on him

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is not the first time though before i even came to this site i already have those thoughts

it went away for years but now i am stuck this is not likened to those that have been ditched by a gf/bf and then wanting to commit suicide but it's like a divorce thing while you still love her and you have kids with her but she took everything away and go with another man far away from you away from your country

your life is ruined if it's not resolve and you do not know what to do or where will you go next it's a dead end there is no more path

just like you do i put what if and then also put liken yet you did not understand what happened to us is happening everyday to me simple and not so simple situation misunderstanding is a common occurence to me this is the problem i have
Ive meant no offense honestly. I wasn't in much relationships personally. Sorry for misunderstanding. It takes time to get to know someone. I will back off from this thread for now.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being or feeling misunderstood can be a huge trigger. it has been for me. it is worse when people misunderstand on purpose.

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Please watch this short video..
I love what this man said in this video.....
We are not sinners because we are sinning.... .
We are sinning because we are sinners ...
@Heart2Soul As Ephesians 2 says, 'by nature children of wrath'. Then this is contrasted with 'But God...' Who has intervened in grace and mercy....Most glorious....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you feel like you want to hurt yourself or others, please seek some help
I know you feel awful, but just the fact that you are reaching out is hopeful.

Crisis/Suicide/Helplines in the Philippines

Hopeline

Hopeline is a 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis support helpline in the Philippines.

PLDT: (02) 804-4673

Globe: (0917) 558-4673

Toll-free for Globe/TM: 2919

In Touch Community Services

In Touch Community Services offers 24/7 free and confidential support to people in the Philippines.
Tel: 8937603(telephone)

Tel: 09178001123 (cellphone)

Tel: 09228938944 (cellphone)

Tawag Paglaum—Centro Bisaya

Tawag Paglaum—Centro Bisaya offers 24-hour telephone service for people in Cebu who are with suicide and emotional crisis. They can listen to your thoughts and refer you to professionals to your vicinity that would surely be able to effectively and fully help you.
Tel: (0939) 937-5433

Tel: (0927) 654-1629

The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline

The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline offers 24-hour service to people in the Philippines who are depressed or at risk of suicide.

Tel: (02) 989-8727(telephone)

Tel: (0917) 899-8727 (cellphone)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you feel like you want to hurt yourself or others, please seek some help
I know you feel awful, but just the fact that you are reaching out is hopeful.

Crisis/Suicide/Helplines in the Philippines

Hopeline

Hopeline is a 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis support helpline in the Philippines.

PLDT: (02) 804-4673

Globe: (0917) 558-4673

Toll-free for Globe/TM: 2919

In Touch Community Services

In Touch Community Services offers 24/7 free and confidential support to people in the Philippines.
Tel: 8937603(telephone)

Tel: 09178001123 (cellphone)

Tel: 09228938944 (cellphone)

Tawag Paglaum—Centro Bisaya

Tawag Paglaum—Centro Bisaya offers 24-hour telephone service for people in Cebu who are with suicide and emotional crisis. They can listen to your thoughts and refer you to professionals to your vicinity that would surely be able to effectively and fully help you.
Tel: (0939) 937-5433

Tel: (0927) 654-1629

The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline

The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline offers 24-hour service to people in the Philippines who are depressed or at risk of suicide.

Tel: (02) 989-8727(telephone)

Tel: (0917) 899-8727 (cellphone)

I'm going to add this to the page for suicidal hotlines/helps. If anyone has any other nation numbers, please add them.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were last seen on Feb. 11, so I'm assuming you are still around.

Jesus loves you, even if your wife and kids left you, you lost your job and/or you don't have friends.
He is the Author of our faith, a gift that cannot be discarded.
Some have weak faith and the worlds troubles and tragedies are hard to cope with.
But listen, Jesus' faith is sufficient. If He begins a work in you, He will finish it. Suicide is the opposite of faith. It implies you do not trust God at all with your life and you don't approve of how He has delt with it.
Only the Creator gives life and only He has the right to take it away.
We are given the story of Job, who was tested beyond anything we have suffered. Of course it is only fair to say he had a close relatioshship with God to begin with, and that was tested.
But can still learn from his story. We are all put through many tests, we are chastised for our sins because He loves us.
Admit your sins and welcome His chastisements with thanks. Take responsibility for your previous actions that led to the state you are in; things didn't happen to you because you were such a loving and giving man. Accept it, give it to God to heal and move forward.
Ask for forgiveness and believe that it is a done deal.
This life is not going well for billions. The world is falling apart and so the future (of this world) looks grim for all of us. But we persevere, we dinish the race to receive the prize. You don't drop out the race and expect to win anything!
We look beyond this world to eternal life, perfection, new bodies and perfect love that we've only had a taste of. Focus on things above and get out of your despondency.
How? Stop focusing on yourself!
NOW TAKE THIS IN:
A famous psychoanalyst, Scott Peck, was asked this question: " If you were so depressed to the point of suicide, while knowing all that you know about the mind, feelings and human behavior, what would you do?" He responded: I would go out and help someone. After I finished with that person, I would find someone else and help them." By these continuous acts of unselfish kindness towards others, one forgets about how depressed they are about their own lives. This love for others heals you. The more selfish a person is, the more miserably unhappy he will be.
So get off your treadmill of rehearsing, "Woe is me" and serve others' needs - for your own good!

Reactions: marks

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were last seen on Feb. 11, so I'm assuming you are still around.

Jesus loves you, even if your wife and kids left you, you lost your job and/or you don't have friends.
He is the Author of our faith, a gift that cannot be discarded.
Some have weak faith and the worlds troubles and tragedies are hard to cope with.
But listen, Jesus' faith is sufficient. If He begins a work in you, He will finish it. Suicide is the opposite of faith. It implies you do not trust God at all with your life and you don't approve of how He has delt with it.
Only the Creator gives life and only He has the right to take it away.
We are given the story of Job, who was tested beyond anything we have suffered. Of course it is only fair to say he had a close relatioshship with God to begin with, and that was tested.
But can still learn from his story. We are all put through many tests, we are chastised for our sins because He loves us.
Admit your sins and welcome His chastisements with thanks. Take responsibility for your previous actions that led to the state you are in; things didn't happen to you because you were such a loving and giving man. Accept it, give it to God to heal and move forward.
Ask for forgiveness and believe that it is a done deal.
This life is not going well for billions. The world is falling apart and so the future (of this world) looks grim for all of us. But we persevere, we dinish the race to receive the prize. You don't drop out the race and expect to win anything!
We look beyond this world to eternal life, perfection, new bodies and perfect love that we've only had a taste of. Focus on things above and get out of your despondency.
How? Stop focusing on yourself!
NOW TAKE THIS IN:
A famous psychoanalyst, Scott Peck, was asked this question: " If you were so depressed to the point of suicide, while knowing all that you know about the mind, feelings and human behavior, what would you do?" He responded: I would go out and help someone. After I finished with that person, I would find someone else and help them." By these continuous acts of unselfish kindness towards others, one forgets about how depressed they are about their own lives. This love for others heals you. The more selfish a person is, the more miserably unhappy he will be.
!

That is some great advice, but I think there is a distinctive difference between what some call depression and clinical depression. There are several factors involved in clinical depression. Mine was biochemical. no, it wasn't due to drugs. When you are admitted they take blood samples to see what drugs are in your system. All I had was tylenol, which I took for a headache.

That was decades ago. I got better with help.

Here is an article on "The Chemistry of Depression"

What Is the Chemistry Behind Depression?

You said "So get off your treadmill of rehearsing, "Woe is me" and serve others' needs - for your own good." Perhaps a little more compassion?
That should qualify as a fruit of the Spirit.