Star Trek's Prime Directive vs Jesus' Great Commission

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Star Trek's Prime Directive:

No Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal development of any alien life or society.
Jesus declared the Great Commission in Mat 28:

18 Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
From the Great Commission's point of view, it is moral to tell any alien society of the gospel.

Within the Star Trek universe, Starfleet officers sometimes were confronted with the difficult decision of whether to violate the Prime Directive or not based on their sense of morality and the given existential situation. It was a running theme of internal conflict in the TV series.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Star Trek's Prime Directive:

Jesus declared the Great Commission in Mat 28:

From the Great Commission's point of view, it is moral to tell any alien society of the gospel.

Within the Star Trek universe, Starfleet officers sometimes were confronted with the difficult decision of whether to violate the Prime Directive or not based on their sense of morality and the given existential situation. It was a running theme of internal conflict in the TV series.
Interesting! God, of course, may "interfere" at any time with His own creation. But He has determined to limit Himself as to His degree of involvement in human choice. And so people are allowed to do evil in order to display their choices. This is not allowed, however, to interfere with God's overall plan for the development of His Kingdom on earth.