Starting off on the wrong foot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigape

May 22, 2008
I has occurred to me, that having the right premise, when you come to the Bible, is very important.The right premise is, that God is perfect and is all knowing, and has earth’s history all planed out in advance and is perfectly Holy, and never makes mistakes. etc. etc.Our attitude about the Bible, must reflect it’s author.-------------------------------------------------- I have said all of this, because my conviction is, that THE BIBLE HAS NO MISTAKES, and this forces me down a particular path.When I come to a verse or passage, that seems to be a contradiction or a mistake, I automatically know, that I am the one making the mistake, in my interpretation.But those who start off on the wrong foot, who don’t have this presupposition about the Bible’s perfection, will be led astray.When they come to an apparent contradiction or a mistake in the Bible, there instinct is to look into the original language etc, not to find “there mistake”, but to find the “Bible’s mistake”.-------------------------------------------------- I joking say, that these people think that they are smarter than God. But this is no joke.If during your educational process, you start to find mistakes in the Bible, and go about to correct “it”, instead of yourself, than you need to go back, and start off on the other foot.