Stony athiestic heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
hi all, by request from our brother Oz, the following is my testimony (the brief anyway) how God too me fro darkness to His glorious light 26 short years ago.
Firstly it is a mistake to think that darkness always feels that way, as i was a a sunny child with a sunny disposition mostly, and even during my hell raising years 15 - 24, i still didn't have a malicious streak in me in that, i mostly had compassion and mercy towards others, but get alcohol in me and i had very few limits. This i put down to a agnostic pacifist father who spent 3 yrs in jail for refusing to go to war on compassionate grounds. My father had little regard for authority or bylaws etc, and we children, 4 brothers 2 sisters and 3 stepsisters were taught to challenge authority. My mother was a divorced woman with 3 daughters and raised in a church where they were not allowed to play or read on Sunday, yet they had to do all the cleaning and chores. Her stories i think begat in me disdain for anything religious. Yet my eldest sister accepted Christ about 12 yrs old, and i know it was the prayers of my sister and others that finally got me saved.
I was a thrill seeker and risk taker from a very early age and my family often recount all the narrow misses with death i escaped, needless to say by 15 yrs old school lost all attraction, and i left with a rebel mate to get jobs. For the next 8 years i worked hard till pay day and was broke by Sunday morning, and always with some trouble to account for. By 18 yrs old i had 3 pages of drunken offences in the courts, and received 3 mths prison for Drunk driving offences, and that was just the ones i didn't get away from. In hindsight it seemed as if i had a demon helping me in outrageous acts of rebellion, fights and hell raising, yet my friends mothers saw me as an angel and trust worthy
person.
But "as a man sows, so shall he reap", and by time the fruits of my choices came home to roost, i was broken and very sorrowful of my harvest.
At a low point in my life i had broken up with yet another girlfriend who had enough of my drinking and recklessness, and that night had a high speed crash into a concrete power pole.I survived without a scratch, but my good friend narrowly escaped paralysis of his legs as he took the impact on his side. The car spun around and ended up in the ditch on the other side, both of us were thrown from the wreckage. I was 24 and owned only a rifle and clothes. Then i met a single mother with a 3 yr old child, something clicked and i swapped hell raising for "family man".
Only thing is my morals were still very loose and i would stray whenever i went back into party environments.
At 28 yrs old and with 2 daughters i found myself separated from my wife, and broken from my betrayals and those who had betrayed me. Mostly i was broken by my betrayal of my best friend with his divorced wife, and the hurt i didn't comprehend could happen.
At this point i was milking cows for a farmer while he was away for the weekend, and in this solitude i cried out "God i don't want to live like this anymore". I didn't believe God existed, although twice in my life very freaky things happened to make me briefly wonder. After finishing the milking i went to the house and looked in the yellow pages for a church. Long story short, i was invited to come for a meal and a chat, and i began a "6 steps of Christianity explained" course in the book of Mark.
There was no big struggle Jesus said it, i believed it, end of story.
Hallelujah I was born again !. The next day i couldn't believe the colour of the sky or the grass, they were vivid like i had seen them for the first time. I had new eyes, for i was a new creation.
Enter Satan, my best friend was killed in a motorbike accident that same night, and 1 mth later another was killed by a train. There was a lot of guilt and unresolved rifts surrounding these deaths and i often cried uncontrollably for about the next 2 yrs. I really miss my mates despite what went down.
I have had an up and down, round and round, and at times crazy journey with God my saviour, redeemer and best friend, and through it all I have clung to Phil 1:6 " He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it", and i just know He will.
I have been through fire (loss) and i have been through rain (depression) but through it all I can only say God is good, and my greatest joy is to praise Him with all that I have and all that is within me.
I see some leaving the church for the world, and I say you can go there, but I came from there and i'm not going back. I have my share of troubles as Job14:1 says "man born of a woman is of few days and that full of troubles"
I have seen miracles along the way, and been used lately for healings, but i have had few close manifestations of God as some others do, yet Jesus says Jn 20:29 "blessed are those who believe without seeing". I am blessed and it shall be well with my soul.

Reactions: Angelina and KingJ

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
hi all, by request from our brother Oz, the following is my testimony (the brief anyway) how God too me fro darkness to His glorious light 26 short years ago.
Firstly it is a mistake to think that darkness always feels that way, as i was a a sunny child with a sunny disposition mostly, and even during my hell raising years 15 - 24, i still didn't have a malicious streak in me in that, i mostly had compassion and mercy towards others, but get alcohol in me and i had very few limits. This i put down to a agnostic pacifist father who spent 3 yrs in jail for refusing to go to war on compassionate grounds. My father had little regard for authority or bylaws etc, and we children, 4 brothers 2 sisters and 3 stepsisters were taught to challenge authority. My mother was a divorced woman with 3 daughters and raised in a church where they were not allowed to play or read on Sunday, yet they had to do all the cleaning and chores. Her stories i think begat in me disdain for anything religious. Yet my eldest sister accepted Christ about 12 yrs old, and i know it was the prayers of my sister and others that finally got me saved.
I was a thrill seeker and risk taker from a very early age and my family often recount all the narrow misses with death i escaped, needless to say by 15 yrs old school lost all attraction, and i left with a rebel mate to get jobs. For the next 8 years i worked hard till pay day and was broke by Sunday morning, and always with some trouble to account for. By 18 yrs old i had 3 pages of drunken offences in the courts, and received 3 mths prison for Drunk driving offences, and that was just the ones i didn't get away from. In hindsight it seemed as if i had a demon helping me in outrageous acts of rebellion, fights and hell raising, yet my friends mothers saw me as an angel and trust worthy
person.
But "as a man sows, so shall he reap", and by time the fruits of my choices came home to roost, i was broken and very sorrowful of my harvest.
At a low point in my life i had broken up with yet another girlfriend who had enough of my drinking and recklessness, and that night had a high speed crash into a concrete power pole.I survived without a scratch, but my good friend narrowly escaped paralysis of his legs as he took the impact on his side. The car spun around and ended up in the ditch on the other side, both of us were thrown from the wreckage. I was 24 and owned only a rifle and clothes. Then i met a single mother with a 3 yr old child, something clicked and i swapped hell raising for "family man".
Only thing is my morals were still very loose and i would stray whenever i went back into party environments.
At 28 yrs old and with 2 daughters i found myself separated from my wife, and broken from my betrayals and those who had betrayed me. Mostly i was broken by my betrayal of my best friend with his divorced wife, and the hurt i didn't comprehend could happen.
At this point i was milking cows for a farmer while he was away for the weekend, and in this solitude i cried out "God i don't want to live like this anymore". I didn't believe God existed, although twice in my life very freaky things happened to make me briefly wonder. After finishing the milking i went to the house and looked in the yellow pages for a church. Long story short, i was invited to come for a meal and a chat, and i began a "6 steps of Christianity explained" course in the book of Mark.
There was no big struggle Jesus said it, i believed it, end of story.
Hallelujah I was born again !. The next day i couldn't believe the colour of the sky or the grass, they were vivid like i had seen them for the first time. I had new eyes, for i was a new creation.
Enter Satan, my best friend was killed in a motorbike accident that same night, and 1 mth later another was killed by a train. There was a lot of guilt and unresolved rifts surrounding these deaths and i often cried uncontrollably for about the next 2 yrs. I really miss my mates despite what went down.
I have had an up and down, round and round, and at times crazy journey with God my saviour, redeemer and best friend, and through it all I have clung to Phil 1:6 " He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it", and i just know He will.
I have been through fire (loss) and i have been through rain (depression) but through it all I can only say God is good, and my greatest joy is to praise Him with all that I have and all that is within me.
I see some leaving the church for the world, and I say you can go there, but I came from there and i'm not going back. I have my share of troubles as Job14:1 says "man born of a woman is of few days and that full of troubles"
I have seen miracles along the way, and been used lately for healings, but i have had few close manifestations of God as some others do, yet Jesus says Jn 20:29 "blessed are those who believe without seeing". I am blessed and it shall be well with my soul.
r4,

What an amazing story of God's redeeming grace in your life! You have blessed my heart as I'm about to head off to bed with this wonderful testimony of God's intervention in your life. Praise the Lord for what he is doing in your life.

You mention that you have been used lately in healings. Do you attend a Pentecostal or charismatic church where this ministry is approved and allowed? In other words, in what kind of church are you receiving fellowship and teaching at the moment?

Oz

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
OzSpen said:
r4,

What an amazing story of God's redeeming grace in your life! You have blessed my heart as I'm about to head off to bed with this wonderful testimony of God's intervention in your life. Praise the Lord for what he is doing in your life.

You mention that you have been used lately in healings. Do you attend a Pentecostal or charismatic church where this ministry is approved and allowed? In other words, in what kind of church are you receiving fellowship and teaching at the moment?

Oz
I began my journey in the Apostolic denomination here in N.Z, which was born out of the Welsh revival. More recently i have been
fellowshiping with other pentecostels, but I always tell people I will fellowship anywhere Jesus is Lord and the Bible is the infallible
word of God. I have been in churches of all flavors up and down this N.Z and across the globe.
I spent my first 20 yrs predominately in the Apostolic and they always prayed and believed for healings, When I believed in Christ I also believed the whole Bible Genesis - 6 day creation to Revelation- rapture of the saints, and could not understand those who entertained evolution/creation cross over.
As a very zealous but not always wise young believer I tried to walk on water(not literally), I believed for miracles and I even tried to raise to life a road kill cat, lol. But I did see God change the rain into sunshine for me, and I saw a friends neck healed by the prayer of faith.
Enter Satan, who entangled me again with sexual sin, and needless to say I lost alot of ground in God, and never really got going again until becoming part of a Church from Nigeria called WCCRM, Watchman Catholic(not "the Catholic") Charismatic Renewal Movement, and also when I saw Gods wisdom "do not go near her door". If I do not go near the door of a woman's home, I cannot get entangled again.
But we know brothers that we are not rejoice that the demons obey us(pride?), but rather that our names are written in the book of life. Lk 10:17-20 and remember pride will take us to hell as quick as any other sin. And also Christ' warning in Math 7:21-23 "many will say Lord Lord" (they believed He was God, as do demons) "we cast out demons in your Name and in your Name did many miracles" (at His Name all must bow) "Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew(had relationship with) you, you evildoers"
They believed and used His Name, but still did things they knew were wrong and taught others to also. Every sin is forgivable upon confession and breaking off from it, but claiming to speak for the Holy Spirit (blasphemy) when we know full well we are not, as did Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-4.
This is not mistaken or misguided zeal or even sin under strong temptation, we don't have to live in fear of making a mistake, God is kind and treats us according to our knowledge, but we should "tremble at His word" Is 66:2.

A recent healing I saw involved a man with badly bruised ribs, he had been walking around in pain for a week. It was in a work place, and i just got a Holy boldness and told him to step into "my office" ( i did use to work there, but i was in inwards goods and certainly never had an office) I prayed a short prayer acknowledging Christ and he was healed.
But a few days later when i wanted to follow up more with discipleship he said, thanks but im ok. Very soon after he spent a week in hospital with a unrelated sickness.

Off to a New Life Church this morning as WCCRM meet at 4pm, Catch up more later. Whats your journey?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
I began my journey in the Apostolic denomination here in N.Z, which was born out of the Welsh revival. More recently i have been
fellowshiping with other pentecostels, but I always tell people I will fellowship anywhere Jesus is Lord and the Bible is the infallible
word of God. I have been in churches of all flavors up and down this N.Z and across the globe.
I spent my first 20 yrs predominately in the Apostolic and they always prayed and believed for healings, When I believed in Christ I also believed the whole Bible Genesis - 6 day creation to Revelation- rapture of the saints, and could not understand those who entertained evolution/creation cross over.
As a very zealous but not always wise young believer I tried to walk on water(not literally), I believed for miracles and I even tried to raise to life a road kill cat, lol. But I did see God change the rain into sunshine for me, and I saw a friends neck healed by the prayer of faith.
Enter Satan, who entangled me again with sexual sin, and needless to say I lost alot of ground in God, and never really got going again until becoming part of a Church from Nigeria called WCCRM, Watchman Catholic(not "the Catholic") Charismatic Renewal Movement, and also when I saw Gods wisdom "do not go near her door". If I do not go near the door of a woman's home, I cannot get entangled again.
But we know brothers that we are not rejoice that the demons obey us(pride?), but rather that our names are written in the book of life. Lk 10:17-20 and remember pride will take us to hell as quick as any other sin. And also Christ' warning in Math 7:21-23 "many will say Lord Lord" (they believed He was God, as do demons) "we cast out demons in your Name and in your Name did many miracles" (at His Name all must bow) "Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew(had relationship with) you, you evildoers"
They believed and used His Name, but still did things they knew were wrong and taught others to also. Every sin is forgivable upon confession and breaking off from it, but claiming to speak for the Holy Spirit (blasphemy) when we know full well we are not, as did Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-4.
This is not mistaken or misguided zeal or even sin under strong temptation, we don't have to live in fear of making a mistake, God is kind and treats us according to our knowledge, but we should "tremble at His word" Is 66:2.

A recent healing I saw involved a man with badly bruised ribs, he had been walking around in pain for a week. It was in a work place, and i just got a Holy boldness and told him to step into "my office" ( i did use to work there, but i was in inwards goods and certainly never had an office) I prayed a short prayer acknowledging Christ and he was healed.
But a few days later when i wanted to follow up more with discipleship he said, thanks but im ok. Very soon after he spent a week in hospital with a unrelated sickness.

Off to a New Life Church this morning as WCCRM meet at 4pm, Catch up more later. Whats your journey?
r4,

So does that mean you were originally associated with the Pentecostal Apostolic Church (ACTS churches of NZ)? Is this the WCCRM with which you are now associated? I think you could get some interesting comments about that kind of church on this forum.

My journey started as a religious Methodist in Sunday School but with no understanding of the Gospel. That Methodist church is now part of the liberal Uniting Church in Australia. Christ came into our family when my parents were saved through Billy Graham's preaching (he was in Brisbane; they were listening to his voice proclaiming the Gospel and coming through the loud speakers at the Bundaberg Showgrounds, Qld as they sat in their old Ford Prefect utility). They were saved and I was saved through the Gospel proclaimed by Mum and Dad and in the Baptist Church we began attending. I was there until my contact with the charismatic renewal in the early 1970s. Then I entered an AoG Bible College in Aust, followed by training in Seminary in the USA, taught in AoG Bible College and Teen Challenge, pastored 2 churches and completed my PhD in New Testament. I'm ordained with the Christian & Missionary Alliance of Australia denomination. For much of my life and ministry I've worked as a counsellor and counselling manager, working within a Christian and non-Christian environment.

I have a burden for: (1) Doing something about the lack of teaching on apologetics in the local church to help our young people especially in Uni and secular work environments, and (2) Expository preaching that is vital and relevant. See my article, It’s a sin to bore God’s people with God’s Word

That's a quick overview of the life of a cane farmer's son, born in Bundaberg, Qld.

Oz

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
OzSpen said:
r4,

So does that mean you were originally associated with the Pentecostal Apostolic Church (ACTS churches of NZ)? Is this the WCCRM with which you are now associated? I think you could get some interesting comments about that kind of church on this forum.

I have a burden for: (1) Doing something about the lack of teaching on apologetics in the local church to help our young people especially in Uni and secular work environments, and (2) Expository preaching that is vital and relevant. See my article, It’s a sin to bore God’s people with God’s Word

That's a quick overview of the life of a cane farmer's son, born in Bundaberg, Qld.

Oz
Yes thats them now ACTS churches of NZ, the one i was in is now called Activate, formerly Eastside Apostolic.
WCCRM is a Nigerian end times ministry raised up by God to bring renewal to the Nations.

I couldn't use your link, google security risk or something? But you sure are not a pew warmer are ya, not bad for a cane farmers son. Something else good (other than good gingerbeer) out of Bundaberg,

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
Yes thats them now ACTS churches of NZ, the one i was in is now called Activate, formerly Eastside Apostolic.
WCCRM is a Nigerian end times ministry raised up by God to bring renewal to the Nations.

I couldn't use your link, google security risk or something? But you sure are not a pew warmer are ya, not bad for a cane farmers son. Something else good (other than good gingerbeer) out of Bundaberg,
r4,

I don't know what the reason was for a Google security risk with the link to my homepage. There is no such risk from my end.

Yes, Bundy is the home of the famous Bundaberg Ginger Beer and Bundaberg Rum. It's mighty good ginger beer - one of my favourites.
gingerbeer2_4d0719886122f.jpg

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that thread took an unexpected turn LOL

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Love BundAberg G/B, hmmm now how do i get my hands on some of that Jamacian ? ha ha

Great pic there Oz, but thanks alot for wetting my thirst there OZ, now i might have to go get me one.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
StanJ said:
Well I would offer to ship you some but it would probably be cost prohibitive. ;)
Whatever happened to do unto others Stan, I'd do it for you. Jokes!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
r4hnsn said:
Whatever happened to do unto others Stan, I'd do it for you. Jokes!
It's worth 2 bucks max and the cost to ship it would be probably 20 bucks at least. Now if you were my blood kin I still wouldn't pay that much money.
I'm from Scottish roots. ;)

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
r4hnsn said:
Love BundAberg G/B, hmmm now how do i get my hands on some of that Jamacian ? ha ha

Great pic there Oz, but thanks alot for wetting my thirst there OZ, now i might have to go get me one.
That would be a great idea to keep my hometown on the map.

It's the home of aviation pioneer, Bert Hinkler, as well:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi r4hnsn,

Thank you for sharing of God`s grace to reach you. He followed you to the end of the road & met you there, amazing. And throughout eternity we`ll sing His praises, on & on into age upon age.

Blessings, bro. Marilyn.

BTW. I was brought up in the Apostolic denomination.