Good friend passed and best friend has renal failure

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my brothers and sisters,
I ask that you please pray comfort for the family of my friend and sister in Christ, Barbara. She had a brain tumor that was benign but, inoperable. It grew fast, despite chemo and radiation, she eventually forgot who everyone was. It was so hard to speak with her on the phone as I knew she was going down. Barbara lived a good life and she was 86.

My friend of over 50 years now, who came to belief and repentance together in 1990 is in the hospital receiving very strong antibiotics. She has dementia now for over a decade now and is a very overweight woman, she gives the nurses and the aides such trouble when they want to clean all her sores. So, the doctor called me yesterday to say he is worried about renal failure as well as sepsis.

More often than not, after getting off the phone with her, I will pray that God take her so she does not suffer like this for so long.

Thank you in advance my peeps.
Much love in Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask that you please pray comfort for the family of my friend and sister in Christ, Barbara. She had a brain tumor that was benign but, inoperable. It grew fast, despite chemo and radiation, she eventually forgot who everyone was. It was so hard to speak with her on the phone as I knew she was going down. Barbara lived a good life and she was 86.

My friend of over 50 years now, who came to belief and repentance together in 1990 is in the hospital receiving very strong antibiotics. She has dementia now for over a decade now and is a very overweight woman, she gives the nurses and the aides such trouble when they want to clean all her sores. So, the doctor called me yesterday to say he is worried about renal failure as well as sepsis.

More often than not, after getting off the phone with her, I will pray that God take her so she does not suffer like this for so long.

Much love in Christ.
Praying.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My best friend's wife was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's (age 66). I think the best prayers in these circumstances are, as you suggest, that the sufferer and their loved ones be comforted - that their suffering be minimized, that they be filled with the peace that passes all understanding and that the experience, even if it ends in death, may be a time of growth and deeper faith.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nancy I am so sorry to hear about Barbara , but also I remember the journey you had with your friend and the dilemma you had when she had to go into the care home.
Special thoughts to you at this difficult time , as I am sure it’s all hitting many emotions right now xxxxxxxx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My best friend's wife was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's (age 66). I think the best prayers in these circumstances are, as you suggest, that the sufferer and their loved ones be comforted - that their suffering be minimized, that they be filled with the peace that passes all understanding and that the experience, even if it ends in death, may be a time of growth and deeper faith.
So sorry to hear this, it always saddened me when we had residents in their sixties come into the care home, probably because I am in my 60’s. Xxxx

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love in Christ.
Oh Nancy, how sad. It is such a cruel disease. I pray that God will quiet her with his love.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry to hear this of your best friends wife. It is a very difficult disease in every aspects IMHO. Thank you for the reply!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I am so sorry to hear about Barbara , but also I remember the journey you had with your friend and the dilemma you had when she had to go into the care home.
Special thoughts to you at this difficult time , as I am sure it’s all hitting many emotions right now xxxxxxxx
Yes Rita, lot's of emotions and memories,
There are decades of memories and thank God, Elaine has already forgotten that Barbara (her SIL) has passed. She is sleeping all the time, still in the hospital receiving antibiotics. This morning when I called, a nurse picked up the phone and said Elaine was too tired and would call me back...which she did not. She is not eating and that is very, very telling as that is all she looked forward to at the nursing home, her 3 meals, and her 10 dollar a day vending machine money (I guess they didn't mind that she is an insulin dependent diabetic!)
Thanks Reets, much love.
xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Rita, lot's of emotions and memories,
There are decades of memories and thank God, Elaine has already forgotten that Barbara (her SIL) has passed. She is sleeping all the time, still in the hospital receiving antibiotics. This morning when I called, a nurse picked up the phone and said Elaine was too tired and would call me back...which she did not. She is not eating and that is very, very telling as that is all she looked forward to at the nursing home, her 3 meals, and her 10 dollar a day vending machine money (I guess they didn't mind that she is an insulin dependent diabetic!)
Thanks Reets, much love.
xx
Are they giving her anything through IV apart from the antibiotics
Not sure all nursing staff understand Dementia x

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree it's better to go be with the Lord than to suffer long on this Earth.
The Lord be with you all.

• Love
Reactions: Taken and Nancy