STOP! at Genesis 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Chronicles 20:15 and then 2 Chronicles 32:7 all (kjv)

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entire Genesis story is laid out with Abraham.
The land which was promised is mapped out when Abraham walked the perimeters from the mountains to the Euphrates to the Nile.
The beasts that came to him are the maidervants and manservants he recieved from Pharoah and Abimelech.
God was going to curse them for taking (coveting) Sarai but he prevented them. And they gave Abraham lots and lots of stuff including gold and silver and told him to get out of town and take your wife with ya.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abram was taken from Ur which is Babylon.. the dust of the earth. And God told Abram he give him the promised land.
So God took the man from the dust of the earth and planted him smack dab in the middle of Eden.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because the flora was day 3. The creatures of land, and then man, were day 6. The garden had lush vegetation, and the perimeters were sketchy. The way ecology works is that had they maintained the garden, the whole place would have populated gorgeously. God drew the creatures to Adam one by one over time. Adam called out what they were like and communicated to a degree with them and named them.
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, and here's why.
What was made on day three, lets see, Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so."Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day."

we see the “GRASS”, the “HERB”, and the “Fruit Trees”, on DAY #3 correct, good,

now lets read Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,"Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."

now verse 7, Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

before he, God, planted anything, before it grew, God formed man from the dust of the earth. the keyword here is “BEFORE”. man was here before any Grass grew, before any herbs, and he was here before any trees. and also, Man was here, "BEFORE" any animals, land or water, or in the air.

see the details are in Chapter 2. now when you read those verse above then I will explain the the difference between Adam, H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') and Adam H120 אָדָם 'adam. a big difference.

let me know if you have any difficulties with what I posted concering DAY #3 in Genesis chapter 2 above.

PICJAG

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Because Sarah said it, who is one flesh with Abraham, and Abraham is the crux of Scripture as much as Christ is. But Christ is before Abraham.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Sarah said it, who is one flesh with Abraham, and Abraham is the crux of Scripture as much as Christ is. But Christ is before Abraham.
She is his sister/wife.
They have the same father but not the same mother... I'm not sure who's sarai's mother is.
It doesn't say. But they came from Babylon.. and they had moon worship there.
So the female the "godess of fertility" was highly regarded.
Except Sarai was barren. And given to Abram to wife.
God has a plan for everything.

Hugs

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abram was taken from Ur which is Babylon.. the dust of the earth. And God told Abram he give him the promised land.
So God took the man from the dust of the earth and planted him smack dab in the middle of Eden.
No. That's not how it went.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not saying that you're right or wrong, but Abraham is the the first to apply FAITH in God, oh yes with Enos men began to call upon the name of the Lord, but it was Abram who is the father of all our faith in calling upon the name of the LORD.

and two Christ is after Abraham in ... order, as in Ordinal order. for christ is the "Last" Adam. now in cardinal order of PERSON, yes the Lord Jesus is before Abrahan, but not in "enity" of ordinal order.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it wasn't Abram who didn't have faith. He just listened to his wife.
If he had listened to God.. they never would of had to get thrown out of the "garden" .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is his sister/wife.
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, she, Sarah is his sister by Law, and not by Blood. example, what if Abraham father remarried and By adoption he took Sarah in as his own. there are many scenarios out there this is just one of them.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
Gen 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
Gen 20:13 And it came to pass, when God caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said unto her, This is thy kindness which thou shalt shew unto me; at every place whither we shall come, say of me, He is my brother.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, and here's why.
What was made on day three, lets see, Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so."Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day."

we see the “GRASS”, the “HERB”, and the “Fruit Trees”, on DAY #3 correct, good,

now lets read Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,"Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."

now verse 7, Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

before he, God, planted anything, before it grew, God formed man from the dust of the earth. the keyword here is “BEFORE”. man was here before any Grass grew, before any herbs, and he was here before any trees. and also, Man was here, "BEFORE" any animals, land or water, or in the air.

see the details are in Chapter 2. now when you read those verse above then I will explain the the difference between Adam, H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') and Adam H120 אָדָם 'adam. a big difference.

let me know if you have any difficulties with what I posted concering DAY #3 in Genesis chapter 2 above.

PICJAG
I understand the differences in detail but you're missing the term field. There was a mist that went up... So the land is contoured with hills. When the mist goes up, the hills are included. So when you have water being deposited on the surface of hills it also flows down. Plants need flowing water. Otherwise the soil has to be agitated more. In the garden there was no tilling. The fields wouldn't have been populated by flora but the contoured hills would.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it wasn't Abram who didn't have faith. He just listened to his wife.
not saying that you're right or wrong, TRUE, but but consider what God told Abraham concering what his wife said, Genesis 21:12 "And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called."

now on Eve part. ..... Hmmmmm that a close call, for God never commanded the woman, but the Man.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we got Jacob. He has 2 wives and concubines.
Not all of the 12 are by Leah and Rachel. Some are from Bilhah and Zilpah..
and yet Jacob calls them all his sons. He puts no difference between wife/concubine mothers.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the differences in detail but you're missing the term field. There was a mist that went up... So the land is contoured with hills. When the mist goes up, the hills are included. So when you have water being deposited on the surface of hills it also flows down. Plants need flowing water. Otherwise the soil has to be agitated more. In the garden there was no tilling. The fields wouldn't have been populated by flora but the contoured hills would.
the point is Man was FORMED "BEFORE" the Grass, BEFORE the Herbs, and BEFORE the Trees. I said nothing about any hills, listen,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

before it RAINED, a mist went up, but man was Formed before the RAIN. BEFORE any plants was even in the earth. that's my POINT. see it now?

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could the same be said:
Except the Lord sow the seed, they labour in vain that sow it?

also consider who prepares the ground(heart) to receive seed. Not only the seed being sown, but also the ground prepared to receive the seed sown into it. all things work together for good. 1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Reactions: Ziggy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we got Jacob. He has 2 wives and concubines.
Not all of the 12 are by Leah and Rachel. Some are from Bilhah and Zilpah..
and yet Jacob calls them all his sons. He puts no difference between wife/concubine mothers.
a son is a son, just as a daughter is a daughter. even today is a man or woman have a child outside their marriage, is not the child their son or daughter?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
also consider who prepares the ground(heart) to receive seed. Not only the seed being sown, but also the ground prepared to receive the seed into it. all things work together for good. 1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
Correct, if it's not of FAITH, it's sin, see Romans 14:23 (kjv),

PICJAG

Reactions: VictoryinJesus