Stop Using Internet Explorer says German Government

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Frazzled by the cyber security and malware issues that IE brings, the German Government advised its citizens to stop using it. That's definitely a step in the right direction and will definitely help. I have a better step. Ditch not only the IE but the Microsoft altogether and get an OS that gets very few, if any viruses. The US military did that with XP and used Linux to run their drones.

http://www.setyoufre...man-government/

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I agree about Internet Explorer. It sucks big time. I like Chrome. But as for PC vs Mac, I can't stand the Apple set-up.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't used IE for years. I have a copy of IE 6 on my desktop & IE 7 on my laptop for testing websites that I write because IE is such rubbish and I want to make them work on all browsers, even IE.

I tried Linus (Ubuntu). The main packages are OK but all the little, but very useful utilities, are just not there. Moreover many are in crude form that you have to go through hoops to compile.

It's basically for techno-geeks that want to have fun messing around. It's not a serious contender by a long way.

So I'm stuck with Windows (XP :) )

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I guess I'm not much of a techno-geek at heart. Although I'm a technical person, I don't like rearranging and fixing things more than I have to which is why I not only dumped IE, but also Microsoft (tired of the viruses and whatnot all the time).

Ubuntu is easy for me to use --- been almost a year now and I'm thinking of building another computer with it on. I have two right now, but the one is getting old and has trouble with flash. Adobe does have attitudes with working with Linux and the older video hardware gives it trouble. But.... the thing's 10 years old now, too! I find it amazing that Linux still runs on it at all considering this computer would have been in the garbage heap a long time ago with anything else. But this old computer still burns DVD' and CD's like a whip yet, and is good for general surfing and office type work it's phenominal. I never knew how to make .pdf files before but now I can, for free.

Xian Pugilist

Aug 4, 2012
I agree about Internet Explorer. It sucks big time. I like Chrome. But as for PC vs Mac, I can't stand the Apple set-up.
LOOK we found something to agree on! :)

I haven't used IE for years. I have a copy of IE 6 on my desktop & IE 7 on my laptop for testing websites that I write because IE is such rubbish and I want to make them work on all browsers, even IE.

I tried Linus (Ubuntu). The main packages are OK but all the little, but very useful utilities, are just not there. Moreover many are in crude form that you have to go through hoops to compile.

It's basically for techno-geeks that want to have fun messing around. It's not a serious contender by a long way.

So I'm stuck with Windows (XP :) )

I have vista on a dell laptop. I used to be a manager of a comp usa store. I would have never owned a Dell. But it was a WOOT deal of the day so I had to take the special price. Figured for 300 bones I could deal with it....

I have had no problems with Vista or with the Dell. As I understand it, the newer Windows is Vista fixed....

I'd have to say I wouldn't be too scared of that.

I use chrome.