Strong Delussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised at how fast some brethren leave a topic like the strong delusion of 2 Thess.2.

What were we supposed to have already understood prior to reading Paul's Message in 2 Thessalonians 2? Well, there were the pointers our Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse that include prophecy for the end in the Book of Daniel about a false one coming to Jerusalem to exalt himself. Then the same kind of pointer by Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 11 about the "another Jesus" and how Satan himself disguises himself as an angel of light.

And then after Paul's Epistles? there's Revelation 13 about a false one coming to rain fire from heaven down upon the earth in the sight of men doing miracles, along with direct pointers in that Chapter back to the coming false one spoken of in the Book of Daniel.

Our Lord Jesus' very first warning for the end was to not allow any man to deceive us. Deception... is the main warning for us at the end of this world.

So how could one not have that focus when they come to the 2 Thessalonians 2 Chapter where Paul is warning about the coming false one who will work signs and wonders exalting himself in Jerusalem as God? How is it that many cannot seem to be able to link the idea of deception with that "strong delusion" phrase, which that event in Jerusalem will cause upon most of the world?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is our first love?

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." Rev 2:4

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

If we are seeking earnestly and firstly those two things, would that or should that not equal our first love? If so then anything else needed will be added... but the seeking must be continued until the end of our course. At least that is what I understand.

To whom are you asking this question of?

Does a slave of the devil willing love the devil? Sin can be said to be our first love.

or are you referring to a Christians first love of/for Jesus?

If we are honest our first love for Jesus has faded, we have been jaded or disalussioned by the world, it is because our love grows cold so easily that we attend church each week, to encourage and be encouraged.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom are you asking this question of?

Does a slave of the devil willing love the devil? Sin can be said to be our first love.

or are you referring to a Christians first love of/for Jesus?
I was referring the first love lost by the church at Ephesus. What was that?

If we are honest our first love for Jesus has faded, we have been jaded or disalussioned by the world, it is because our love grows cold so easily that we attend church each week, to encourage and be encouraged.
You shouldn't be generalizing presuming everyone here is included in your pronoun, "we".

Anyone who is really slipping back regularly between attended church services is in trouble. I have not attended services regularly since last October, but I attend God daily, seven days a week. If we don't continue to work while it is day, how will our vision ever improve from as through a glass darkly to face to face? Without a vision His people perish.

Reactions: faithfulness