Study Tackles Neuroscience Claims to Have Disproved “Free Will”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
This is important because what people are told about free will can affect their behavior.

“Numerous studies suggest that fostering a belief in determinism influences behaviors like cheating,” Dubljevic says. “Promoting an unsubstantiated belief on the metaphysical position of non-existence of free will may increase the likelihood that people won’t feel responsible for their actions if they think their actions were predetermined.”
" Study Tackles Neuroscience Claims to Have Disproved “Free Will”

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty interesting. And I agree with what you wrote there, and that has always been my fear of teaching against freewill. One big thing to note is that neuroscience's reasoning against freewill is a lot different than any theological stance against freewill. So people arguing doctrine can't really point to a neuroscience study about freewill, because neuroscience attributes it to the environments we live in, not to a God who micromanages everything everyone does.

But I'm not going to get too deep into this because it's just fuel for a big explosion. :)