Sufficency of Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who wrote Scripture did so by the revelation of God. The "test" of what they wrote was different in the OT (God affirmed the words delivered).

there you go, the rest of what you've said is yedida yedida bla bla bla. people get on this site who are familiar with what the bible says and don't believe a lick of it and question people like you all day long.

you can read the bible forwards and back wards and get nothing of what its for, proving others incorrect should they be.

but its revelation or as Paul says power and Spirit. heck those people that followed Moses across the red sea still didn't get what it was about. Jesus executed as John implied so many miracles it couldn't be documented that it had to be the Almighty and those in charge, that didn't deny there is a Almighty God, could care less. and many of them knew scripture forwards and back wards.

scripture proves or verifies to the believer that what they are hearing, believing or experiencing is of the same Lord God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. which is why many use scripture to deceive. without the Lord with you, scripture means nothing, and you will be deceived. why ? its the Spirit that quickens from the grave, not printed words.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there you go, the rest of what you've said is yedida yedida bla bla bla. people get on this site who are familiar with what the bible says and don't believe a lick of it and question people like you all day long.

you can read the bible forwards and back wards and get nothing of what its for, proving others incorrect should they be.

but its revelation or as Paul says power and Spirit. heck those people that followed Moses across the red sea still didn't get what it was about. Jesus executed as John implied so many miracles it couldn't be documented that it had to be the Almighty and those in charge, that didn't deny there is a Almighty God, could care less. and many of them knew scripture forwards and back wards.

scripture proves or verifies to the believer that what they are hearing, believing or experiencing is of the same Lord God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. which is why many use scripture to deceive. without the Lord with you, scripture means nothing, and you will be deceived. why ? its the Spirit that quickens from the grave, not printed words.
Absolutely - Scripture was never given to the world (to those who do not believe). It was given to those who fo believe (who are "quickened").

Only a fool would quote Scripture to those who do not believe requiring them to accept the Bible as God's words so they will believe. Even the gospel itself is foolishness to those who are perishing.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.
Yes we do stand by faith.
Many in our day turn from truth and scripture to a point they cannot tell truth revealed in scripture, they mock and ridicule truth calling it, philosophy and theory, rather than the truth once delivered to the saints.
We are to avoid such persons who avoid scripture like the corona virus, lie, twist things as they drift off into novelties.
These people cannot stay on topic, seek to divert to other issues, make foolish accusations, etc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was there wouldnt be so many different religions or gospels preached from the very same book.
The book of the Bible contains many 'good things', but without the same Spirit in a person that inspired a man to write, the person cannot understand any of it. Worse, he will misunderstand God's message. We all need an interpreter, in particular, the Interpreter:

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:28

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They use "God-breathed" (literally divinely breathed) because that is the derivitive of θεόπνευστος which we translate "inspired".

I think the reason is that Jesus Christ treated the OT as God's Word. In the NT Jesus told the Disciples God (the Spirit) would tell them (bring to their mind) what to write. Paul also makes distinctions when something he writes is his view rather than God's words to him.
Not everything in the bible was "inspired". Pity people make the bible greater than God Himself and there Husband Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everything in the bible was "inspired". Pity people make the bible greater than God Himself and there Husband Christ.
The only part which is inspired for us is that which is quickened by the Holy Spirit in us. Much of what is written likely will never be quickened in us.

If we are walking with God... allowing Him to lead us always, will He not provide all that we need? People sometimes 'want' all of the answers and may even act as if they have them, but that is Not how God works. The best Bible students are probably seldom those who are walking closest to God because they depend on their own head instead of the only One who is to be our Head.

When what we 'want' always agrees with what He wants to gives, then we most certainly will receive. The problem with most people bearing the label, Christian, is that they don't know the difference within themselves between what they want and what they need.

Jesus indeed prayed a prayer to his Father and it was written so that we may be given understanding, but understanding will not be given to person who keeps pushing for what he wants instead asking God what He wants. First things first!

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many in our day turn from truth and scripture to a point they cannot tell truth revealed in scripture, they mock and ridicule truth calling it, philosophy and theory, rather than the truth once delivered to the saints.
Just take a look at this forum, so many lies and much deceit all stemmed from the "bible". All this because men will not Persue after Christ, in whom is our life and who is the truth.

There are those have studied the bible all there lives and never come to or known God. To many it is. I read the bible therefore I am right". Than bicker and argue over "who is right".

The truth is in Christ, if men refuse Him they will never know the truth.

Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

still refused by men.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just take a look at this forum, so many lies and much deceit all stemmed from the "bible". All this because men will not Persue after Christ, in whom is our life and who is the truth.

There are those have studied the bible all there lives and never come to or known God. To many it is. I read the bible therefore I am right". Than bicker and argue over "who is right".

The truth is in Christ, if men refuse Him they will never know the truth.

Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

still refused by men.
And the number of denominations based on the Bible continues to increase as men separate with their 'agreeing to disagree' in separate places. Will all the parts of the Body of Christ be connected to each other and all subject to the Head?

Reactions: mjrhealth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the number of denominations based on the Bible continues to increase as men separate with their 'agreeing to disagree' in separate places. Will all the parts of the Body of Christ be connected to each other and all subject to the Head?
There is no one body of Christ until it assembles on the last day.
There are many local assemblies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no one body of Christ until it assembles on the last day.
There are many local assemblies.
The last day? Is that not today?

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 13:12, The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.