Sunak has called a general election for July

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He finally caved in and has brought the general election forward to early July ..I am actually in Spain that week so will miss all the hype ect ect .
So now all we will hear is Political rubbish as they all campaign !

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita A big deal...a General election with all the House of Commons seats up for grabs....and on the US 4th July Independence Day aswell. A coincidence or what?

I don' think the Conservative Party will dominate, and the change that is really needed I believe will not happen....the global elites still have the clout and power behind the scenes...

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This helps against the extremist pro-abortion amentments, correct?

I am not sure as parliament is only dissolved until the election, so much will then depend on who gets in as things will then get back into play

Reactions: APAK

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita A big deal...a General election with all the House of Commons seats up for grabs....and on the US 4th July Independence Day aswell. A coincidence or what?

I don' think the Conservative Party will dominate, and the change that is really needed I believe will not happen....the global elites still have the clout and power behind the scenes...
The conservatives are unlikely to get in, they are really not very popular over here. Labour , I believe will win but in all honesty it’s difficult to tell if they will be any better. I personally don’t like Stammer either , but definitely won’t be voting for Sunak. I might go for one of the other Groups standing , not sure yet and I will be in Spain on holiday with my eldest son and his family - so will miss all the hype !!!!
To be honest I am not political, you can’t trust any of them with what they say and promise.
xx

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conservatives are unlikely to get in, they are really not very popular over here. Labour , I believe will win but in all honesty it’s difficult to tell if they will be any better. I personally don’t like Stammer either , but definitely won’t be voting for Sunak. I might go for one of the other Groups standing , not sure yet and I will be in Spain on holiday with my eldest son and his family - so will miss all the hype !!!!
To be honest I am not political, you can’t trust any of them with what they say and promise.
xx
I agree, politicians have no boundaries or national identities these days. They are all alike...

Have a great holiday on me...We went to Costa Bravo when we were younger, a real party place north of Barcelona.

The Sangria got to me a bit.. the foot paths and the outside walls were a moving and shaking and missed a guided tour the next morning with a very heavy and hurting headache.

Once in the Mediterranean Sea for about 30 mins, I was right as rain again, ready to go again..

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, politicians have no boundaries or national identities these days. They are all alike...

Have a great holiday on me...We went to Costa Bravo when we were younger, a real party place north of Barcelona.

The Sangria got to me a bit.. the foot paths and the outside walls were a moving and shaking and missed a guided tour the next morning with a very heavy and hurting headache.

Once in the Mediterranean Sea for about 30 mins, I was right as rain again, ready to go again..
Thankfully I don’t drink, so no shaking walls for me !!! lol
We are staying in a villa - I am going to have a kind of ‘ time out ‘ as I won’t go out with them in the evenings, so I get my own space.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don’t like Stammer either , but definitely won’t be voting for Sunak.
Sunak is a conservative that supported leaving the EU, he opposes the woke transgender policies and illegal immigration, sounds like a good platform to me?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sunak is a conservative that supported leaving the EU, he opposes the woke transgender policies and illegal immigration, sounds like a good platform to me?
Well it’s that reality of not living in the U.K, just as I can’t fully grasp the reality in the USA.

Reactions: Truth7t7

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankfully I don’t drink, so no shaking walls for me !!! lol
We are staying in a villa - I am going to have a kind of ‘ time out ‘ as I won’t go out with them in the evenings, so I get my own space.
I was in my 30s....it was a novelty...

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So Sunak is using the immigration / Rwanda flights as part of his campaign, it’s just been announced that the first flights won’t happen until ‘ After ‘ the election- and these flights have been promised before and not happened, so in other words ‘ we promise this will happen but can’t prove it to you ‘ ………..so he wants the people to ‘ trust ‘ him ….
At the moment he is changing all the benefit system, and he Is targeting those who are disabled in some way …….I also believe this is to win votes. The system does need to change as there are many people who know how to milk the system, but it’s impacting those who have genuine issues , the real vulnerable people. However those who work and pay into the system through taxes ect could be swayed by this action. He announced the changed two weeks ago , he must have known he was going to call an early election.
Tactical - wrong motives ( wouldn’t trust him with a barge pole ! )

Reactions: Truth7t7